2005 World Series of Poker final table

Under my oh-so-technical rule of "If ESPN covers it it must be a sport" I bring to you the final table draw for the play tomorrow

1. Aaron Kanter - $10,700,000 (seat 6)

2. Tex Barch - $9,330,000 (seat 3)

3. Andrew Black - $8,140,000 (seat 2)

4. Mike Matusow - $7,410,000 (seat 5)

5. Steve Dannenmann - $5,460,000 (seat 8)

6. Joseph Hachem - $5,420,000 (seat 1)

7. Daniel Bergsdorf - $5,270,000 (seat 4)

8. Scott Lazar - $3,370,000 (seat 9)

9. Brad Kondracki - $1,180,000 (seat 7)

Matusow is an absolute pain in the ass but you have to give him his props he has a legit shot.

This may be the closest final table in a few years with 7 players a double up away from lead chip position basically.

I like Andy Black, the Irishman has made some really good plays this week. He did have 14 mill at one stage.

Also "Aussie" Joe Hachem is there. I've played with him and he's a nice bloke.

Anyone but fucking Matusow I beg of you Poker Gods, we'll NEVER shut him up!

Anyways, discuss.

I would like to again acknowledge everyone trying to ruin my WSOP viewings by giving me more and more details... this time the sub-title took away any suspense I might have had.

So far what has been told to me by ESPN, FSN, Fans:

Jennifer Tilly wins a bracelet.

Johnny Chan gets #10.

Phil Ivey gets 20th in the Main Event.

Noted, I would not have clicked in here had the subtitle not contained information about who is at the table.... *sigh* Not your fault TM, I blame ESPN.

Last year the main event was ruined for me by pokerstars.net as I logged in to see in any good games and I was met with a "Raymer wins 2004 Main Event"

ESPN needs to have a 1 day delay, they have the ability to cut and put together a good product with that time frame, the ME isn't even airing until October.

Personally, i'm pulling for Matusow. Sure, he's quite the... character... but he's put in a hell of a lot more work to get there. He does this for a living. I'm all for the poker boom, it's a great thing, but it would still be nice to see that a pro has a shot at winning this thing.

Bear in mind, I don't know any of the others, and i'm assuming they're amateurs or have considerably less experience. Also, some food for thought, would it be harder to shut Matusow up if he won it, or if he got rivered and went out in second place?

Edited by That One Guy

I'm pulling for Mike too, especially now that Ivey went down in 20th. I personally would just prefer to have a pro win. Either way, this Main Event is going to be interesting on TV. Matusow and Shawn Sheikhan have been fighting back and forth constantly the entire time (till Matusow busted him out.) Go Mike The Mouth!

I was pulling for Raymer to repeat, but with him out, I'm throwing my support to Mike Matusow. The guy's a great player, and I want to see a pro show up all these amateurs.

Edited by Magus978

The way Raymer busted out was pure crap though. Raymer had KK, the other guy had QJs and the flop came down blanks. 1 card of the other guy's suit. Raymer bet big and the other guy made a quick call with no pair, no draw. Another heart comes down to give the guy a flush draw, Raymer bets, gets reraised, goes all in and gets called. The guy then rivered another heart to eliminate him. Bad play that got paid off.