Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carlo Colaiacovo - Aki Berg

Wow, Dallas is going to to have a field day with these two. And as far as putting Lindros and Sundin together, I think the reasaon that Quinn hasn't done it is that if it doesn't work, then what else will he have left. Lindros looked great at the begining of the season, but has once again become the player we all saw on the Rangers.

Ding ding ding, clue train, next stop Pat Quinn:

Toronto failed to record a shot in the third period until Sundin scored with 8:19 left. It was his first goal in six games, dating to Nov. 26 against Montreal. Toronto coach Pat Quinn added Eric Lindros to the top line in the final 10 minutes and it paid off as he assisted on Sundin's goal.

I have a question to Leafs fans.......

What do you think of Darcy Tucker???

Being a Lightning fan I hating seeing him go (especially when we got Mike Johnson in return........But that makes up for the Cory Cross-Freddy Modin deal) I always had fun watching him play. He was a fiesty little spark plug. But other Bolts fans hated him, they called him penalty prone......So what are your thoughts??

Being a Lightning fan I hating seeing him go (especially when we got Mike Johnson in return........But that makes up for the Cory Cross-Freddy Modin deal) I always had fun watching him play. He was a fiesty little spark plug. But other Bolts fans hated him, they called him penalty prone......So what are your thoughts??

Updated: Dec. 11, 2005, 3:52 PM ET

Lemieux: 'Slim chance' Penguins remain in PittsburghESPN.com news services

Once the lease on the Mellon Arena expires in 2007, Pittsburgh Penguins owner Mario Lemieux believes there is only "a slim chance" the franchise will remain in Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

Lemieux cites the lack of progress toward getting the up-to-date arena for his pessimistic view.

"I think we're really running out of time," Lemieux told the paper, his tone laced with frustration. "We probably ran out of time already. It's been unfortunate that the city and the county haven't been willing to work with us over the last two or three years."

With potential suitors in Kansas City and possibly Houston on the horizon, the Penguins' board of directors will meet this week with the long-term outlook of the team a likely topic of discussion.

"We'll sit down with everybody [to] understand what's at stake with our investment, and what's best for the franchise," Lemieux told the Post-Gazette.

Even if a new arena is approved, the process of building a new facility takes approximately three years.

"By the time we'd get the arena built, it's going to be another four or five years," Lemieux told the paper. "Can we afford to stay here for another four or five years and assume the losses? I'm not sure."

I don't like it when teams move, especially one thats been around for a decent stretch like the Penguins. But staying in Melon is hurting the team. Even if they sell out that building every night, in the end the team loses money. The place isn't large enough, and is too expensive to stay in.

Guest Grapehead

Spezza will miss tonights game against Colorado with a hip flexor injury that he has had for a couple days now apparently and the only reason he played the Calgary game was because he really wanted to play... what a guy :wub:

I don't like it when teams move, especially one thats been around for a decent stretch like the Penguins. But staying in Melon is hurting the team. Even if they sell out that building every night, in the end the team loses money. The place isn't large enough, and is too expensive to stay in.

If they move, move em to Woinnipeg or Quebec Cirty. We need more Canadian teams.

Went to the Habs vs Phoenix game last night. Was awesome. We had a small scare before the game. The day before we bought our tickets from a scalper when we were told that there aren't any seats together(me and my girlfriend) from now till the end of the season. We got 2 tickets center ice in the reds for 100 bucks each so the guy made maybe 5 dollars profit on the tickets. We were skeptical about the seats, as they use bar codes to verify the tickets now. But last night we got in just fine and the tickets were legit. We left to grab a bit at the Hat Trick(an amazing resturant next to the Bell Center) we took the express exit out of the building(4 massive staircases that lead you out after the games. We got food and were going back to watch the warm up. They go to scan our tickets again, and we're denied.

Turns out that you have to scan out of the building aswell or else the ticket remains verified and another one like it will be refused. Meg was ready to cry, as she had just wasted 200 bucks(was a gift from her... also sorta to herself because she's nuts about hockey) I took her to a side entrance found one of the guys scanning tickets and he thankfully just chastised us about not scanning out and let us back in.

The game itself was amazing. The Bell Center atmosphere is absolutely incredible. Game was another sellout and hockey was fun to watch. Theo played a solid game, except for the first goal he let in, that was pitiful. Goals came from some unexpected guys, and the Habs played incredibly well without Koivu and Kovalev. The Young guys really stepped up and carried the load. Too bad they only got the idea that they need to do that after dropping 7 of ten.

Kovalev is apparently comming back either next game or by the end of our road trip, and Koivu is supposed to be back next game also.

I know this comment is a little late, but I'm going to make it anyways. Jerichoholic23, you talked about your Buffalo Sabres, I personally did not think this team had any chance of making the playoffs since the only games I'd seen with them were against Ottawa, and needless to say they did not look good. I took the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach in terms of them. Now that I've seen them again, I believe it. This looks like a completely different team then I saw against the Sens. You're 100% right in terms of them deserving more respect than they get.

Amen, prime time. They are a solid, fast-paced, good scoring team. They're still a bit shaky [by a bit I mean a lot] defensively, but their goaltending from Biron [and earlier on, Miller] has been stellar.

Does anyone watch other leagues, like the AHL, ECHL, CHL, UHL, OHL, WHL, or QMJHL?

I try and keep up to date with the Marlies in the AHL, but otherwise I don't really follow other leagues. I'll watch OHL games when they're on [which is rare], but otherwise I don't really get much.

How about you guys?