The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

They won't be chokers. I think they will atleast get to the second round. I really don't think they will be playing the Leafs at all in the playoffs. I really have my doubts with them even making it. We will see who is laughing when the playoffs start and "Canada's" team misses the playoffs. The reason I call them "Canada's " team is cause for some reason most of their fans think they are. Come April the only words the Leafs will here are FORE!!!!.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jerichoholic, if history has taught me one thing it's that the regular season means nothing. You're team has very little playoff experience especially in the goaltending department where there is a grandtotal of zero. Now, as far as the Sens go, my only guess is that they started believing their own hype and have just gotten into the habbit of thinking that no matter what they do, they'll win. They have shown little heart as of late and it's a shame that so much talent is currently being wasted. That being said, I'd much rather have them do this now as opposed to April.

And last time I checked, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary and so on - they're still in Canada.

How long is it going to take for you to realise that nobody actually agrees with you?

Edited by prime time

I never said that Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary and Ottawa weren't in the league or in Canada. The way the media portrays it, the main sports network always leads off with everything Maple Leaf first. The CBC is not much better. When the playoffs come around no matter what other Eastern Canadian team is in the playoffs, most times its the Leaf one us eastern canadians have to watch. Montreal and Ottawa are in the east too CBC. Thats why I am hoping the Leafs miss the playoffs cause then the CBC will have to show another eastern canadian team. Thats my big rant for the day.

That's because the Leafs have the largerst market giving CBC the most money.

And:

The Montreal Canadiens announced that goaltender Jose Theodore tested positive for a substance on the WADA banned substance list, at a Thursday evening news conference.

Head Team Physician, Dr. David Mulder, discussed details of the test.

Theodore tested positive for the hair restoration drug, Propecia, which is not an anabolic steroid but does act as a masking agent. Mulder stated that Theodore has been using the product for "eight to nine years" and, until recently, was unaware that it was a masking agent.

"He's been taking it on the advice of a dermatologist," Mulder told the assembled media. "And he has had very good success and he feels it has helped hair growth and prevented further loss and he has taken it with my knowledge." Mulder went on to joke that Theodores' full head of hair should be a good advertisement for Propecia's benefits.

Mulder went on to say that Propecia, on its own, does not have any performance-enhancing attributes; it simply grows hair. According to Mulder, Propecia will stay in one's system for more than 30 days.

Theodore, 29, has struggled this season, posting a 17-15-5 record with a 3.46 goals against average and .881 save percentage.

Mulder stated that Theodore's test was administered on December 12, 2005 and the results were revealed January 14, 2006.

Based on Bryan Berard's positive test, as part of USA Hockey's pre-Olympic program, Theodore's tests should have no impact on his NHL status as the NHL has decided pre-Olympic testing conducted prior to the Jan. 15, 2006, institution of the league's drug-testing program is not recognized as a violation of the league program

I knew it. I knew there was something weird about Theodore but I just couldn't place my finger on it. It was his hair. <_<

And man Varada delivers a huge hit at the beginning of the game plus the Sens pretty much dominating in a physical but clean game and then the thrashers come a long and shoved Varada right into the boards (looked just like how Havlat dislocated his shoulder) and what happens only a two minute minor. THat should have been a five minute major no questions asked.

But about the game the Sens played very well and probably would have won if it wasn't for some lousy ref calls. That was probably their best defensive played game in a long while.

Edited by CKN

Guest Grapehead

I knew it. I knew there was something weird about Theodore but I just couldn't place my finger on it. It was his hair. <_<

And man Varada delivers a huge hit at the beginning of the game plus the Sens pretty much dominating in a physical but clean game and then the thrashers come a long and shoved Varada right into the boards (looked just like how Havlat dislocated his shoulder) and what happens only a two minute minor. THat should have been a five minute major no questions asked.

The difference is, when Havlat was injured it was clean, he wasn't even meant to hit the boards really, and with Varada he shoved his head into the boards.

Hilarious news about Theodore, but anyone who has watched him play this year knows he couldn't possibly be on steroids.

God, Theo is getting so much flak in Montreal. Nobody wants him and everyone loves Huet. The running joke on most of the radio networks, TQS and RDS is that Theo is rumored to be being traded for 12 sherwood sticks and an empty water bottle.

Montreal wins tonight, although we should have taken it in regulation, Buffalo tied it up off a faceoff with less than a minute to play. Unfortunately for Buffalo, Markov of all players deked out one of the Sabers before dishing it to Kovalev who had time to stop, adjust the puck on his stick, look around then shoot on a wide open net as Miller was sprawled out.

Go us.

You notice Jerichoholic has yet to spout anything about Buffalo...

Anyway, onto tonight and tomorrow. Even after our last two performances, I probably wouldn't back us to beat the Rangers - and definitely not in regulation - but I'm feeling ever more hopeful. With luck, we should get at least two points from the matches, but not much more.

You notice Jerichoholic has yet to spout anything about Buffalo...

Anyway, onto tonight and tomorrow. Even after our last two performances, I probably wouldn't back us to beat the Rangers - and definitely not in regulation - but I'm feeling ever more hopeful. With luck, we should get at least two points from the matches, but not much more.

Buffalo played a terrible game last night. They still managed to get a point last night. Hopefully Ottawa keeps playing like they did last night. Hopefully Hecht injury isn't that bad and he returns after the Olympic break. His injury hurts Germany's hockey team. The good news is Briere will be back after the Olympics. Once they get all their players back it will interesting to see who they send down to Rochester and what kind of trades they make.

Fucking hell. I put the radio on - Kilger scores. I accidentally turned it off, turned it back on and Jagr scores on the power-play. Restarted the computer because it was fucking up, put the radio back on and I just missed the Tucker goal. I really do have some bad luck with this shit.

Still, sounds like Wellwood's having a decent game - assists on both the goals, and a couple of good plays.

FUCKING KABERLE. YOU CAN'T GIVE JAGR ANYTHING AND DEFINITELY NOT A FUCKING POWERPLAY BECAUSE THAT'S TWICE IN THREE FUCKING PLAYS HE'S FUCKING SCORED!

And now the fucking officials are sucking off the Rangers. Seriously, 'unsportsmanlike conduct'? Fucking wanker - now we're TWO down.

Edited by Ze