The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is he not a pussy, he took a clean hit and then lined up the firt guy in sight, going knee on knee and taking a head shot. He's a notorious diver which is something that is just unacceptable. I stand by my comments about Tucker being a pussy.

And on a different note, how about the recent play of Montreal? 7 in a row is pretty impressive.

Montreal takes their 7th win in a row. I can't say that I'm not happy. I guess they chose a good time to get hot, hopefully it carries on into the playoffs because at this point we're looking at playing Carolina who we have an 0-4 record against and have been outscored 25-9 by them.

Ottawa tomorrow night, it's one of our last away games, hopefully the Habs can capitolize on the Sens injury troubles and get their 8th in a row.

Buffalo plays Toronto again on the 16th of this month in Buffalo. It should be a very interesting game. I just hope nothing really bad happens in that game. All I can say is Tucker better look out as I think he is going to get a beating in that game.

Edited by Clawson

That still doesn't make what Tucker did right. He gets nailed by Grier and gets pissed about it and takes out the first guy he sees. Danny might have been on the course the last 5 years but Tucker and the rest of the Leafs will be on the course for abouts as long if not longer.

Did anyone see the report in the Toronto Star the other day about the Leafs and the CBC. CBC is really worried about their ratings with the Leafs not likely making the playoffs. They figure there isn't much interest in any of the other eastern teams. CBC has been trying to put either the Ottawa game or the Montreal game across the network for the rest of the season but they have gotten some emails from people in western canada complaining about not being able to see the Leafs. IMO they should show the other 2 eastern teams more often now to gain interest in them and let people get to know some of the players on those teams.

Personally, I like the option of having a Habs game on in English, but I just plain don't like the CBC commentators. I'll usually watch the games on RDS when there is the option of an english game. Not that I think it's a bad thing to have Habs games on English TV, because a lot of my friends don't have the patience to listen to it in French, but for me it's l'equipe RDS and no one else.

Buffalo plays Toronto again on the 16th of this month in Buffalo. It should be a very interesting game. I just hope nothing really bad happens in that game. All I can say is Tucker better look out as I think he is going to get a beating in that game.

Edited by CKN

That still doesn't make what Tucker did right. He gets nailed by Grier and gets pissed about it and takes out the first guy he sees. Danny might have been on the course the last 5 years but Tucker and the rest of the Leafs will be on the course for abouts as long if not longer.

You are seriously no one to talk about coaches comments. Quinn calling Hartley a goon coach is just hilarious, especially if you know what Quinn was like as a player (I never saw him but have heard from others.) And Ruff was right, it was a joke. Once again Tucker gets special treatment from the league, anyone else would have been suspended for that.

And Basha, whenever Ottawa plays Toronto on CBC I mute my tv and turn on the radio for some decent commentators.

Edited by prime time

Heh that's a joke, an absolute joke, the definition of a joke.

*leaves*

*comes back*

A joke.

You are seriously no one to talk about coaches comments. Quinn calling Hartley a goon coach is just hilarious, especially if you know what Quinn was like as a player (I never saw him but have heard from others.) And Ruff was right, it was a joke. Once again Tucker gets special treatment from the league, anyone else would have been suspended for that.

And Basha, whenever Ottawa plays Toronto on CBC I mute my tv and turn on the radio for some decent commentators.

Edited by Clawson

When I watched the clip of the Tucker "knee on knee" incident, I didn't see Tucker stick out his knee to hit Hecht. Lindy Ruff was just blowing it out of proportion, and made himself look like an ass in the process. However....his team is going to the playoffs. Oh well, I still have faith that Toronto will sneak in too. If we win all eight, we just need Tampa to lose 4 games.