Ps2 Network Adapter

Scarface

1. I got the adapter from a friend, but it was brand new, never been touched. I put it in my Playstation 2, tighten the screws, and put the start up disc in. Is that all I have to do? Because when I did this, the "Loading" screen for the start-up disc just continued and it went nowhere. I've waited as long as a half hour, is there something I need to do?

2. I have my source being with a dial-up connection. I am using a dial-up computer here, so I think just by taking out the plug I have for my phone line thats connected to the computer...that I would just take that out and put in my Ps2 phone cord. Would that work?

3. I have AOL. Does the Ps2 adapter work with AOL?

Thanks a lot if you guys can answer these...

when i had my ps2 connected online it was rather easy. my pc had two places for a phone line to go . so i left the phone line that connects to the jack where it was and plugged the ps2 phone wire up in the other slot and it worked