WWF 2002 onwards (From the Draft)

Pander Opiate

15th April 2002

RAW

A Change To Backlash

The Show opened with Ric Flair making his way down to the ring.

Ric Flair: I have some unfortunate news concerning Backlash. Last week I announced that the nWo would face Kane and The Big Show. Well, once again the nWo have interfered with WWF plans. Last week when the nWo attacked Kane they managed to do exactly what they wanted to and injured him. Kane will not be able to wrestle at Backlash.

Loud boos

Ric Flair: However, the nWo will not get away with it. Not when the Nature Boy is running the place. Wooooo! Tonight a replacement for Kane will be announced. So, this is the deal. The nWo have made a lot of enemies while they’ve been here. There are a lot of guys that would love to get their hands on them. Anyone in the back that wants to be added to the match come down here now and state your argument.

There is a pause…Then the Dudley Boyz music starts. Bubba Ray Dudley marched down to the ring.

Ric Flair: Bubba Ray, you want to be in the match at Backlash?

Bubba Ray: You damn right I want to be in the match at Backlash. Two weeks ago on RAW the nWo left me and my brother, Spike lying in the middle of this ring.

Ric Flair: That’s an acceptable reason but…

Bubba Ray: No! No buts, no ifs, no nothing. Just put me in the match. Just put me in the match right now!

Flair tried to calm the infuriated Dudley.

Flair: Listen, listen, Bubba. You’ve got a perfectly good reason to want to be in the match and I’ll consider you but we there might be another wrestler that wants to get his hands on the nWo.

As if on cue the Hardy Boyz music started and Matt Hardy made his way down to the ring.

Ric Flair: Matt?

Matt Hardy: Of course I want to get my hands on the nWo. Two weeks ago they assaulted my brother Jeff twice. Then last week they attacked me. I need to be in this match, Ric.

Ric Flair: Well, both of you certainly have good reasons but…

Bubba Ray: Matt, the only reason you got attacked last week is because you’re unable to defend yourself properly. Look at your match against the Undertaker. It was pathetic.

Matt Hardy: And what exactly have you been doing on RAW? You wrestled on Heat last week. You were in the opening match the week before. D-Von’s got a tag title match at Backlash. It’s obvious which Dudley has thrived from the roster split.

Bubba Ray grabbed Matt’s shirt

Bubba Ray: Now you listen to me you little punk. If you think you’re so tough why don’t we settle all this in the ring tonight.

Matt pushed himself free from Bubba Ray.

Matt Hardy: That’s fine with me

Ric Flair: Wait, wait, wait. You’re both getting carried away. This isn’t about you two, this is about the nWo. Tonight you two will be in a match and the winner will team with The Big Show at Backlash…However it will be a triple threat match. This weekend I finalized a deal to sign a new wrestler to RAW and I know that man will want to have the chance to prove himself at Backlash. Ladies and gentlemen, making his return to the WWF…Eddie Guerrero!

Loud cheers as Eddie Guerrero made his way down to the ring.

Ric Flair: Tonight it will be Matt Hardy vs Bubba Ray Dudley vs Eddie Guerrero with the winner teaming with The Big Show at Backlash to take on the nWo. Woooooo!

Eddie Guerrero, Matt Hardy and Bubba Ray all stared at each other with none of them wanting to back down.

An Unholy Alliance

Backstage Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker were in a stare down. Paul Heyman hurried over.

Paul Heyman: Hey, hey, what’s going on over here?

The Undertaker: Paul, you better tell your boy to stay out of my face

Brock Lesnar: If you want me to move just say so old man.

Brock flexed his arms towards Undertaker, taunting him.

Paul Heyman: Shut up Brock, now what’s going on?

Brock glared at Heyman but remained quiet.

The Undertaker: I was just telling your boy a few ground rules for our match tonight. Just so there were no misunderstandings.

Paul Heyman: Well there you go, that’s nothing to fight about. Look, Undertaker, there’s something I need to talk to you about. Brock, why don’t you go back to your dressing room.

Brock Lesnar reluctantly left.

Paul Heyman: Way back in the days of the NWA when you were Mean Mark it was me, Paul Heyman that saw your potential. It was me, Paul Heyman that managed you. It was me, Paul Heyman that was going to mold you into an unstoppable monster…but then you stopped returning my calls. You disappeared from the NWA…and became the Deadman. Now you’ve had a successful career, I’ll give you that, but look at you now. Ric Flair doesn’t like you. Ric Flair doesn’t think you have any value to RAW. Ric Flair wants to push you aside for his chosen youngsters like Jeff Hardy. Now we both know that you’ll beat Jeff Hardy easily and earn a title match at King of The Ring but we also both know that Ric Flair will do everything in his power to keep you down. Ric Flair will do everything in his power to stop you from winning the Undisputed Heavyweight title. Taker, I was the man that saw potential in you all those years ago. I am the man that still sees all that potential that is still locked inside of you. Brock may be the future of this company but for the last ten years it has been you that has carried the WWF. More so then Hulk Hogan, more so the The Rock, more so then Steve Austin, more so then Triple H. Undertaker, let me manage you once again and let me unlock all that potential and let me make you Undisputed Heavyweight champion. What do you say?

Heyman offers his hand…The Undertaker pauses thinking…then shakes. The Unholy Alliance of Paul Heyman, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar was born.

Justin Credible vs Rob Van Dam

The two men start off with a nice wrestling sequence that is quickly ended when RVD knocks Credible down with a martial arts kick. RVD threw Credible into the turnbuckle and lifting him onto the top rope hit a hurricarana. He then hit the rolling thunder and Five Star Frog Splash for an easy win.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

While RVD celebrated Booker ran down to ring side with a chair. He hit RVD in the shoulders with the chair but RVD didn’t sell it. Instead he just turned around to Booker T’s horror. Booker swung the chair again but RVD dodged it and dropkicked Booker out of the ring. It wasn’t until Booker was on the outside that RVD collapsed onto the floor. He obviously had felt the effects of the chair shot but had been hiding his pain. Booker got to his feet and saw the down RVD. He crawled under the ring and pulled out two tables. He threw on of the tables up at ringside then threw one of them into the ring. Booker started to lean the table against one of the turnbuckles but RVD had managed to get back to his feet and hit a german suplex. RVD set the table up in the ring and lay Booker down on top of it. He climbed to the top turnbuckle and attempted a Five Star Frog Splash but Booker rolled off the table and RVD went straight through it. Booker then threw RVD out of the ring. He then hit a Bookend on the other table that was at ringside. Booker T gloated as EMTs ran down to check on the Intercontinental champion.

The nWo Have An Announcement

Nash, Hall and Waltman are backstage with Jonathon Coachman.

The Coach: Kevin Nash, you said you had an announcement.

Kevin Nash: That’s right. Ric Flair isn’t the only person that can make changes to our match at Backlash. We already took Kane out of the match and by the end of the night The Big Show wont be in the match either.

The Coach: And how are you planning on doing that?

Kevin Nash: You’ll have to find that out later, wont you. But let me just promise you all this. Whoever wins the triple threat match tonight will be wrestling against us alone.

D’Lo Brown and Tommy Dreamer vs Raven and Steven Richards

Highlights of Heat were shown with Raven and Richards reuniting

D’Lo and Richards started the match with D’Lo getting in a lot of hard offence. A running powerbomb from D’Lo got a two count. Richards was thrown out of the ring and he and D’Lo started to brawl outside the ring. Raven attacked D’Lo from behind and then threw Richards into the advancing Dreamer. Dreamer and Richards started to brawl outside the ring while Raven beat down D’Lo. D’Lo was whipped into the crowd barricade by Raven but D’Lo dodged a clothesline and Raven ran into the barricade. D’Lo threw Raven into the outside turnbuckle post and then back into the ring. Meanwhile Richards has been left outside by after a DDT from Dreamer. Dreamer and D’Lo corner Raven inside the ring. Raven dodged a Dreamer punch but walked straight into a D’Lo leg lariot. Raven rolled out of the ring as Richards climbed back in. D’Lo hit a Sky High on him and Dreamer hit a DVD. D’Lo climbed onto the turnbuckle and hit the Low Down but before he could cover him Raven hit Dreamer with a Evenflow DDT. D’Lo headed towards Raven but he too was hit by a DDT. Raven threw Richards onto D’Lo and the referee counted the pin

Winners: Raven and Stevie Richards

Austin Gets Challenged By The nWo

Austin was arriving when Hall, Nash and Waltman blocked his way.

Sean Waltman: Hey, Steve. We just wanted to congratulate you in stunning Hulk Hogan last week on Smackdown.

Kevin Nash: Yeah man. That was great. I’m glad you feel the same way about him as we do. You ever thought about joining the nWo?

Austin glared at him.

Steve Austin: I still haven’t forgotten that you three laid me out a couple of weeks ago. Now get out of my way before I open a can of whoop ass on all of you.

Scott Hall: Yo man, you ain’t that tough.

Steve Austin: You want me in the ring tonight?

Scott Hall: I got better things to do then wrestle someone like you but the newest nWo member, Curt Hennig, will be more then happy to beat you tonight.

Steve Austin: Fine, I’ll see Hennig in the ring tonight. Now get out of my way.

Austin shoved past Nash and Hall.

Bradshaw vs Goldust

Goldust came out dressed as a cowboy. Bradshaw ran out through the crowd attacking him. Bradshaw assaulted Goldust all over the ring. He beat him all over the ring then all round the outside of the ring. Bradshaw threw Goldust back into the ring and hit a fallaway slam on him. Goldust slowly got back to his feet only to be clotheslined by Bradshaw. Bradshaw made the cover and picked up the win

Winner: Bradshaw

Hardy and Dudley Can’t Wait For The Main Event

Backstage officials were trying to separate a brawling Matt Hardy and Bubba Ray Dudley. Jeff ran in to try hold back Matt.

Jeff Hardy: What are you doing, Matt?

Matt Hardy: Get off me Jeff.

Bubba was being held back by officials but Matt managed to pull himself away from Jeff and hit Bubba with a chair. He threatened to hit the officials with the chair then threw the chair down and stormed off. Jeff followed him

Jeff Hardy: Matt, what the hell are you doing?

Curt Hennig vs Steve Austin

Hennig in his nWo shirt came down to the ring alone and looking a little apprehensive. Austin came to the ring to a loud ovation. He posed on the turnbuckles then went straight for Hennig. He beat Hennig all over the ring tearing his nWo shirt off him and choking him with it. He hit the Thez Press and followed that with a number of right hands. Hennig was whipped into the ropes and knocked down with an explosive clothesline. Austin placed Hennig onto the turnbuckle and hit a superplex on him. He gave him the finger then hit the stunner for the win.

Winner: Steve Austin

Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy and Spike Dudley

In a show of unity, Lesnar and Undertaker came to the ring together. Although Jeff and Spike were 250 pounds lighter neither man backed down. Jeff started with The Next Big Thing and was able to avoid all of Lesnar’s offence. Brock was clearly getting frustrated and needed a motivational talk from Heyman. While he was distracted Jeff dropkicked Brock out of the ring. Hardy leaped from the ring but Brock caught him and rammed his back into the turnbuckle post. Brock threw Jeff back into the ring and tagged in The Undertaker. Undertaker continued the beat down of Jeff Hardy hitting a number of slams. Jeff managed to crawl to his corner to tag in Spike. Spike went straight for the Undertaker and punched him in the stomach a number of times but none seemed to affect him. Undertaker almost beheaded Spike with a clothesline and then threw him over to Brock. Brock was tagged in and hit Spike with a powerbomb. Jeff ran in to the ring to help Spike but Undertaker knocked him down with a big boot. Brock lifted Spike up again and hit another powerbomb picking up the win.

Winner: Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker

The Undertaker lifted Jeff Hardy up and knocked him down with a punch. Brock lifted Hardy up and offered a double team move to Undertaker but Undertaker waved him away, making it clear he wanted Jeff all to himself. Brock frowned but climbed out of the ring. Undertaker lifted Jeff up for the Last Ride but Jeff reversed it into a huricarana. Undertaker was whipped into the turnbuckle and Jeff hit a neckbreaker on him. Jeff hit the swanton bomb. Heyman shouted for Brock to help him but Brock shook his head. Jeff climbed out of the ring and pulled a ladder out from under the ring. He rammed the ladder into Undertaker a number of times in the back and arm. He then left as Undertaker slowly got to his feet, clearly in pain.

The European Champion Receives A Challenge

Crash Holly came down to the ring with a microphone.

Crash Holly: William Regal, I’m sick of you making fun of me. You should know that it’s not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the size of the dog…Or something like that. You don’t deserve a WWF title. That title should be around my waist. So I want a match right now.

Regal made his way to the ring with the European title.

William Regal: You think you deserve a title match? You want a European title match?

Crash Holly: Yes, yes I do

William Regal: Well you’re not getting one tonight because you haven’t done anything to deserve one. However I’ll give you a non-title match right now you scallywag.

Crash Holly vs William Regal

Crash quickly dodged a clothesline from Regal and rolled him up with a school boy to pick up the shocking win.

Winner: Crash Holly

Crash celebrated as Regal stared at the ground in shock.

The Newest Member of the nWo?

Nash, Hall and Waltman made their way down to the ring

Kevin Nash: Earlier I said that we had an announcement connected with our match at Backlash. Well this is it…The Big Show, one of our opponents has joined the nWo. He’s 7 foot 2. He’s 500 pounds and he’s on the side of the New World Order. My lawyers have just finished the deal with his lawyers A deal which involves a lot of money going into Big Show’s bank account. But that doesn’t matter because we’ve now got a giant as an ally. Big Show, why don’t you come out here right now.

The Big Show’s music started and Big Show made his way down to the ring with an angry look on his face.

Sean Waltman: We’re all so glad that you decided to join. Here’s your shirt.

Waltman gave Big Show an extra large nWo shirt. Big Show looked at it then tore it up. He snatched the microphone from Waltman

Big Show: I don’t know what you three are talking about. I haven’t joined you, I’d never join a bunch of assholes like you. There isn’t enough money in the world that would make me sell out to you. At Backlash I’m still going to kick your asses. In fact I might get a little practice in now.

Show grabbed at Waltman but Waltman dodged him. The nWo all quickly left the ring and headed back up the ramp quickly before Big Show could get to them. Nash could be heard saying ‘Welcome to the nWo’ as they left.

Bubba Ray Dudley vs Eddie Guerrero vs Matt Hardy

Bubba Ray went straight for Matt Hardy as the match began and the two men began to brawl. Eddie watched them for a few minutes then decided to help Matt. Bubba turned to see Eddie and suddenly Matt and Bubba attacked Eddie. Eddie was suplexed by both men and thrown out of the ring. Matt and Bubba then went back to each other brawling in the ring. Eddie got back into the ring clotheslining both men. He hit Matt with a forearm and knocked Bubba down with a german suplex. Eddie covered Bubba but he kicked out. Halfway through the match Big Show walked down to watch the match. Upon seeing him all three men paused watching him. It was obvious that none of the men trusted Show 100%. After realizing Big Show wasn’t going to get involved they began wrestling again until Hall, Nash and Waltman made their way down to the ring. Again all three men paused but the nWo didn’t go past the bottom of the ramp. Matt hit Bubba with the Twist of Fate and made a cover but Eddie went for a frog splah. Matt moved and Eddie frogsplashed Bubba Ray. Matt went for a Twist of Fate but Eddie managed to avoid it. He hit a snap suplex on Matt then covered Bubba and picked up the win. It’ll be Eddie and The Big Show against the nWo!

After the match the nWo climbed into the ring. Eddie stared at them but Nash offered a hand. Eddie refused to take it. The Big Show climbed into the ring and the nWo quickly climbed out again. The show ended with Nash shouting that the deal had been made as Eddie watched Big Show suspiciously.

18th April 2002

SMACKDOWN

from Compaq Centre, Houston, Texas

Hulk Hogan and Triple H United

The show started with Hulk Hogan and Undisputed Heavyweight champion, Triple H in the ring together.

Hulk Hogan: Vince McMahon rang me up at the weekend and told me he was booking a six man tag match for the main event tonight. It would be Angle, Christian and Test against myself, Edge and another undecided wrestler. Vince asked me if I had any ideas and I asked if we could have Triple H on our team. No, that’s not right…I demanded that Triple H be put on my team. You see I respect Triple H greatly. This man isn’t Undisputed Heavyweight Champion for nothing. Triple H is one of the greatest wrestles in the WWF at the moment. So, brotha, what do you think of our opponents tonight?

Triple H takes the microphone but he’s interrupted by Kurt Angle’s music. Kurt and Christian make their way down to the ringside.

Kurt Angle: Oh my god. Hogan please stop the loving.

Christian: Yeah Hogan, could you be any further up Triple H’s ass?

Kurt Angle: You think we’re worried about having to face you two in a match? You two don’t impress us. You two don’t scare us. You two are has-beens that are way, way past your prime. It’s true, it’s true. Your team will be completely outclassed tonight. Look at our team, you have an Olympic gold medalist as the leader. I’m the most talented wrestler the WWF has ever seen and I promise you all it wont be long until I get my hands on that Undisputed gold and that’s damn true. Then beside me I have Christian and Test, two of the most promising superstars the WWF has to offer.

Christian: Compare that to your team. You got geriatric Hogan who pretty soon’ll have to bring his wheelchair to ringside with him. You got an Undisputed Champion whose ego is only dwarfed by his nose and…who’s the other guy?

Kurt Angle: Edge

Christian: Well that just speaks for itself. Edge is just counting off the days until he can join Mark Henry on the inactive list.

Triple H: I’ll tell you what, you two talk a good talk but can you put your money where you’re mouth is? Why don’t you two walk down here and find out what a couple of has-beens can do.

Kurt Angle: Oh you’d love that wouldn’t you Triple H. You two aren’t worth the effort. Me and Christian have much more important things to do tonight.

Triple H: Angle you’ve always been such a little bitch. Come down here and be a man.

Angle and Christian slowly make their way into the ring and the four men brawl. Christian is quickly thrown out of the ring by Triple H and Angle quickly follows after a clothesline from Hogan. Hogan and Triple celebrate while Christian and Angle leave nursing their egos.

There’s More Where That Came From

Jericho was walking back to his dressing room but he found his door open. He glanced inside to find the entire dressing room trashed. Jericho’s clothes had been thrown all over the room. Huge spray painted letters informed Jericho that ‘There’s More Where That Came From’. Jericho muttered something about Scott Moreley then picking up a steel chair disappeared in search for him.

Funaki and The Hurricane vs Billy Kidman and Tajiri w/Torrie

Throughout the entire match Kidman and Torrie kept making very noticeable eye contact. The match was another fast paced match that showed off the cruiserweight talents of the Smackdown brand. The end came when Tajiri hit both Funaki and Hurricane with the green mist. Kidman then hurricarannad Hurricane out of the ring and then pinned Funaki after a shooting star press.

Winner: Billy Kidman and Tajiri

Old Friends Unify

Dawn Marie was backstage with Lance Storm

Dawn Marie: Lance, I know we got off on the wrong foot last week but I hope I made up for my brashness by having my boys help you in your match against Rikishi. I hope you’ll return the favor when Holly faces Rikishi tonight.

Lance Storm: Look Dawn, we go way back and I’ll be more then happy to help you and your new clients. There’s no reason why we can’t all help each other.

Dawn Marie: I’m glad you feel that way Lance.

At that moment Jericho walked past still with a chair

Chris Jericho: You two haven’t seen Scott Morely have you?

Dawn Marie: No

Lance Storm: No, me neither. Why?

Chris Jericho: It doesn’t matter, I’ll catch up with you two later. Give you both signed t-shirts from the first ever Undisputed Heavyweight Champion.

Dawn Marie: Oh, Chris before you go I just want to say that my boys will have your back in your match against Albert.

Chris Jericho: Thanks Dawn but I wont need it.

Dawn Marie: Well they’ll be there anyway. To make sure that the best man wins.

Bob Holly w/Dawn Marie and Test vs Rikishi w/Albert

Holly managed to hold his own against the much bigger Rikishi. He was obviously aided by constant interference by Test. Holly was able to avoid most of Rikishi’s big impact moves and using a number of hard forearms and dropkicks was able to knock the big man off his feet a few times. Albert got into a huge brawl with his former tag partner, Test. While the referee was distracted by the ringside brawl, Lance Storm ran down to the ring and superkicked Rikishi. The referee turned in time to see Holly make the cover and pick up the win.

Winner: Bob Holly

After the match Holly, Test and Storm all attacked Rikishi and Albert. It almost looked like Rikishi and Albert would be able to fight back but soon the number advantage left them bruised and battered in the middle of the ring.

Jericho Meets D-Von

Backstage Jericho walks past D-Von making his way to the ring.

Chris Jericho: Hey, D-Von you seen Scott Morely?

D-Von ignored Jericho

Chris Jericho: Fine, no signed shirt for you

D-Von’s Tag Partner Is Announced

D-Von made his way down to the ring.

D-Von: Last week I announced I had a tag title match at Backlash and I said that I had the perfect tag partner. I’ve been a little down lately after losing by brother and tag partner, Bubba Ray to RAW and this man knows exactly how that feels. You see this man is a former tag champion who has also lost his tag partner from the roster split. Ladies and Gentlemen, my tag partner at Backlash will be…Farooq. Farooq joined D-Von in the ring to a good reaction.

D-Von w/Farooq vs Billy w/Chuck and Rico

Farooq was able to limit any interference from Chuck and Rico allowing D-Von and Billy to go at it one-on-one. The action went back and forth with neither man dominating the match. D-Von attempted a powerbomb but Billy reversed it into a DDT. Billy missed the Fame-Asser but managed to reverse a suplex attempt from D-Von. Billy missed another Fame-Asser and was floored by a swinging neckbreaker. D-Von hit Billy with a death valley driver and made the cover. Chuck tried to get into the ring to break the pin attempt but Farooq grabbed hold of him stopping any interference and giving the referee the chance to count to three.

Winner: D-Von

After the match the two tag teams started to brawl and needed to be separated by officials.

Jericho Finally Finds Morely

Although Jericho and Albert’s match is scheduled, Scott Morely made his way down to the ring.

Scott Morely: Ever since I became Scott Morely I’ve been getting into Chris Jericho’s face. The reason for this is I’m heading straight up to the top of the WWF and I wont allow someone to look down on me as a permanent midcarder. Especially someone that’s living off their past accomplishments. Accomplishments they’ll never be achieved again. I am the not the fun loving Val Venis I’m Scott Morely. And there’s more where that came from.

Jericho’s music started and he walked down to the ring.

Chris Jericho: Val Morely, or whatever you’re calling yourself this week. You’ve made a huge mistake and you’re too stupid to realize. You want to make a name for yourself and you’re hoping a win at Backlash will propel your wrestling career. Well there’s no chance in hell of you beating me at Backlash. Now if you don’t mind I have a match.

Albert w/Rikishi vs Chris Jericho

Early into the match Dawn Marie brought Holly and Test down to the ring. Jericho was able to dodge most of Albert’s offence but he did receive the occasional clothesline or punch. Jericho fought back with some fast paced offence, knocking Albert down with a missile dropkick from the second turnbuckle. Jericho tried to turn Albert over into the Walls of Jericho but Albert was too strong. Albert whipped Jericho into the turnbuckle and punched away at him. Albert was clotheslined out of the ring and assaulted by Holly and Test while Jericho and Dawn distracted the referee. Suddenly Hulk Hogan ran down to the ring and started to brawl with Test. Test and Hogan brawled up the ramp and disappeared into the back. Albert hit an avalanche splash. Albert lifted Jericho up and hit a double handed sit out chokeslam and managed to pick up the win over the former Undisputed Heavyweight champion.

Winner: Albert

Hogan vs Test?

Dawn Marie and Test stormed into Vince McMahon’s office.

Vince McMahon: Dawn, Test what’s the meaning of this

Dawn Marie: I’m sick of Hulk Hogan interfering in Test’s business. You must realize that Hogan is the past and Test is the future. I want Test to face Hogan in the ring.

Vince McMahon: Well ok, on next week’s Smackdown it will be Test vs Hulk Hogan.

Dawn Marie: No, no, if Test is going to beat the ‘immortal’ Hulk Hogan it’s not going to given away on free TV. It’s going to be live on PPV. I want Test to face Hogan at Judgment Day next month.

Vince McMahon: Normally that would be fine but Hogan has an Undisputed Heavyweight title match at Backlash. If he wins he’s the Undisputed Heavyweight champion. Now, Judgment Day is Smackdown’s chance to challenge for the title but I don’t think Test deservers a title match. If Hogan doesn’t win the title I’m more then willing to sign the match.

Dawn Marie: But Vince, I want Test to face Hogan whatever happens at Backlash. Test why don’t you leave us alone for a while so we can negotiate in peace.

Test left the office and the door locked behind him.

Edge and Hulk Hogan and Triple H vs Christian and Kurt Angle and Test

Edge demanded that Christian or Angle start but he was forced to face Test. Test dominated in the beginning but Edge was able to tag in Hogan. Test quickly retreated back to his corner and tagged in a reluctant Christian. Christian asked to tag Angle in but Angle just shouted encouragement from the corner. Hogan dominated until Christian hit a low blow followed by a dropkick from the second rope. It was at that point that Test asked to be tagged in. Test was able to keep the offence on the hurt Hogan. Hogan dodged a big boot from Test and started to Hulk Up but Angle, Christian and Test triple-teamed him. Angle was tagged in and worked over the leg of Hogan. Angle tried to lock on the ankle lock but Hogan kicked out of it and managed to tag in Triple H. Triple H knocked down Test then Christian then Angle. Edge took this opportunity to go after Christian and Angle. Hogan threw Angle out of the ring and climbed out of the ring to brawl with him. Edge hit Christian with an Implant DDT. Triple H hit Test with the pedigree and picked up the win.

Winners: Edge, Hulk Hogan and Triple H

Edge started to brawl with Angle until Christian attacked him. Angle and Christian double teamed Edge until Edge managed to spear both of them. Rikishi and Albert ran down to the ring and attacked Test. Holly ran down to save his partner and the two tag teams brawled to the back.

In the ring, Hogan and Triple H celebrated. Suddenly Austin ran through the crowd and climbed into the ring. He and Hogan started to brawl while Triple H watched unsure of what to do. Hogan whipped Austin into the ropes and hit him with a big boot and a leg drop. Triple H put his arm around Hogan but Hogan shook him off.

Hulk Hogan: We might be friends now but at Backlash I’ll be taking that title from you

The two wrestlers stared each other down as the show ended.

Edited by Pander Opiate

Finalised Backlash Card

Undisputed Heavyweight Title Match: Triple H (champion) vs Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan

Raw Matches

Eddie Guerrero and The Big Show vs The nWo

Number 1 Contender Match: The Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy

Intercontinental Title Match: Rob Van Dam (champion) vs Booker T

Smackdown Matches

Edge vs Kurt Angle

Scott Morely vs Chris Jericho

Test and Bob Holly vs Rikishi and Albert

Tag Team Title Match: Billy and Chuck (champions) vs D-Von and Farooq

Cruiserweight Title Match: Tajiri (champion) vs Billy Kidman

Edited by Pander Opiate

BACKLASH PPV PREVIEW

IPB Image

Live from the Kempar Arena - Kansas City, Missouri.

The first WWF PPV after the roster split.

Three Wrestling Legends Will Do Everything In Their Power To Leave With The One Thing That Matters To Them - The Undisputed Heavyweight Title

Finalised PPV Card

IPB Image

On the first ever RAW after the roster split, the Undisputed Heavyweight champion Triple H was given the power to choose which brand would get the chance to face him at Backlash. After some thought Triple H decided to give both brands the opportunity, demanding a triple threat match.

On the following Smackdown, Vince McMahon made a fatal fourway match with the winner taking the Smackdown slot in the triple threat match. In that match Hulk Hogan managed to beat Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and The Rock to take that slot in the Backlash main event.

On the next week's RAW, Ric Flair gave the RAW slot to the newly signed Steve Austin. Later that night, Triple H and Austin had a confrontation in the ring. Austin told the champion that he didn't believe Triple H was any different from the cheating, manipulative man that had him run down three years earlier. Austin then taunted Triple H, giving him a sledgehammer and telling him to attack him and take him out of the match. Triple H clearly considered it but instead left the ring leaving Austin frustrated.

On that Smackdown Triple H told Hulk Hogan that he was a changed man since his injury. He promised he wouldn't attack him or cheat in their match. Hogan accepted the promise and the two shook hands. Later that night Austin ran in after a Hogan match and hit him with a stunner.

On the next week's Smackdown Hogan and Triple H showed off their unity in a six-man tag match. After the match, Austin made another run-in but this time Hogan was ready. Hogan fought of The Rattlesnake and hit him with the legdrop. Hogan then turned to Triple H and promised he'd lose his title at Backlash. The two men had a stare down as the show ended.

At Backlash three of the greatest wrestlers the WWF has ever had will face off with one goal in mind, leaving with the Undisputed World Title. Many have argued that all three men are past their primes and this one match could be used to silence all critics. All three men have won 16 WWF world titles between them so no man is new to knowing how it feels to know you're the best. That's a feeling all three men will want to feel again when they leave Backlash tonight.

IPB Image

On the first RAW after the roster split the nWo made a huge impact with them laying out Kane, The Big Show, Jeff Hardy and Bubba and Spike Dudley.

The next week, RAW owner Ric Flair gave the wrestlers their chance for revenge. He booked a tag match for Backlash, Sean Waltman and Scott Hall of the nWo taking on giants Kane and Big Show. That night Kane took on new nWo member Curt Hennig. After Kane destroyed Hennig the nWo attacked him. Big Show eventually ran down to save his tag partner but the assault had taken it’s toll and Kane was injured.

On the following RAW, Flair announced that Kane would be unable to wrestle at Backlash. He asked for any wrestler that wanted to be Kane’s substitute to come down to the ring. He received three, Bubba Ray Dudley, Matt Hardy and the returning Eddie Guerrero. Flair put all three men in a triple threat match with the winner becoming Big Show’s partner. Later that night the nWo announced that the Big Show had sold out and joined them. Big Show refuted it by chasing them from the ring but the seeds of mistrust were obviously sown into the minds of Big Show’s possible partners. By the end of the night it was Eddie Guerrero who became Big Show’s partner but from the look on Eddie’s face it was clear he didn’t fully trust the 500 pound giant.

The nWo are never without a plan. They purposely injured Kane to take him out of the match and have now severely harmed the partnership of Eddie and Big Show. Either Big Show truly has sold out and Eddie will force the brunt of having to face not only Waltman and Hall but also a 500 monster or Big Show hasn’t sold out and the nWo’s lies will weigh heavily on Eddie’s mind during the match. The nWo clearly have the advantage going into Backlash but with a 500 pound superstar like the Big Show in the ring, anything can happen. Eddie’s been away from the WWF for five months and will obviously want to show he hasn’t lost anything but he may have bitten off more then he can chew in the form of the nWo.

IPB Image

On the April 8th RAW, the Undertaker argued that he was purposely being ignored by Ric Flair by not being put into the Backlash title match. As a way to demand respect from the wrestlers and the wrestling fans The Undertaker destroyed an already injured Matt Hardy. Jeff then went to Flair’s office to demand a chance at revenge and was given a match against The Undertaker at Backlash. Flair added an extra stipulation, the winner would face the Undisputed World Champion at the King of The Ring PPV.

On the following week’s RAW a new obstacle in Jeff Hardy’s path for revenge and his quest for Undisputed Heavyweight gold in the form of Paul Heyman. Heyman promised Undertaker respect and the title if he allowed him to manage him and Undertaker accepted. With Heyman in Undertaker’s corner, Jeff has an extra mountain to climb. However although Jeff is the underdog he didn’t look it later that night when he brutalized Undertaker with a ladder.

Few expect Jeff to pull out the win against a man that’s over 100 pounds heavier then him however maybe Jeff’s ladder assault has injured the Undertaker enough for him to pull of an upset. An important factor may be Heyman’s other client, Brock Lesnar. With Lesnar in Undertaker’s corner it’s hard to imagine him losing however there has been a lot of friction between Lesnar and ‘Taker and maybe Jeff’s only hope is the help of the Next Big Thing, Brock Lesnar.

IPB Image

On the April 1st RAW Rob Van Dam defended his Intercontinental title against Booker T. RVD won the match but Booker T won the battle after hitting the champion with a steel chair.

The next week, Booker T wanted a rematch. RVD didn’t get an answer and the two men ended up brawling backstage. In order to separate the two men Ric Flair offered Booker a rematch at Backlash but this time in a no disqualification match.

The week after Booker T attacked RVD after his match. RVD tried to fight him off but failed as he was put through two tables.

On one side of the ring you have a former WCW star, on the other a former ECW star with the WWF Intercontinental title in the middle. A wise man would give a no disqualification match to ECW’s Rob Van Dam but as the last few weeks have shown, Booker T isn’t new to using chairs and tables. The challenger has actually managed to keep the upper hand on the build up to the match but everyone knows RVD will do everything in his power to retain his title. At Backlash who will leave with IC gold?

IPB Image

On the first Smackdown after the Roster Split, Mark Henry was scheduled to wrestle Christian. Christian and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle were caught discussing an alliance, a discussion that was clearly heard by Mark Henry who brought Christian’s brother Edge down to the ring as backup. Christian lost to Mark Henry but got payback later by attacking him backstage injuring him.

The next week Angle and Christian revealed that Edge had asked Vince McMahon for a match against Christian at Backlash. They said that Vince had offered Christian the match but Angle had decided to take it instead. The match was signed, it would be Edge vs Kurt Angle

On the following week’s Smackdown Angle, Christian and Edge fought in the 6 man tag main event. Angle and Christian attacked Edge after the match but Edge managed to fight back hitting both men with a spear.

On paper it looks like the Olympic gold medalist and former WWF champion, Kurt Angle would have the advantage and that is without Christian’s interference. Things don’t look good for Edge however this could be his chance to truly prove himself by beating a former World champion.

IPB Image

On the April 4th Smackdown, D-Von received a tag title match from Vince McMahon. D-Von had been given the chance to pick a partner but instead he allowed anyone that wanted tag gold to team with him. To his surprise his partner ended up being Billy and Chuck’s friend Rico. D-Von actually managed to win the match by disqualification but the gold remained around the waists of Billy and Chuck.

The next week, D-Von announced he had been given another title match for Backlash. This time he had actually found a tag partner but that partner wouldn’t be announced until the week after when former WWF tag champion Farooq helped D-Von beat Billy.

D-Von and Farooq are not strangers to tag matches but this will be the first time the two have actually teamed together. On the other hand, Billy and Chuck have been teaming together for a while and know each other well. This team experience may give the tag champs the advantage. Who will leave with tag gold? We wont find out until Backlash.

IPB Image

On the first Smackdown after the roster split, Val Venis announced he had changed his name and attituce. He was no longer the fun loving former porn star. He was instead the more focused Scott Morely. Chris Jericho heard him and mocked his new persona. This mocking resulted in Morely punching Jericho down. Later that night Morely cost Jericho his chance to challenge for the WWF title at Backlash by getting into a ringside brawl with him.

The next week saw Jericho cost Morely his match against Christian but it was Morely that had the last laugh after hitting a top rope splash.

On the next Smackdown, Jericho discovered that Morely had vandalised his locker room and he spent most of the show looking for his foe. Morely announced that he wanted to use Jericho as a way for people to forget Val Venis and see him as the more serious Morely however Jericho argued he had made a huge mistake picking the first ever Undisputed Heavyweight champion as his first stepping stone.

Although Jericho has achieved a lot more then Val Venis ever did, Scott Morely seems to be a completely different issue. Morely hasn’t backed down from Jericho once and has got the upper hand in any physical confrontation between the two men. Morely has nothing to lose but everything to gain by beating the former world champion. Jericho lost his title at Wrestlemania, if he loses to Morely he will that much further from receiving another title match.

IPB Image

On the April 11th Smackdown, Dawn Marie made a shocking debut. She announced that she had been hired by a secret member of the Smackdown roster. Her first act on Smackdown, however was to offer her services to Test who quickly accepted. Dawn’s other client was later named as Bob Holly. Dawn promised to give Holly the success he deserved. She delivered on that first night with Test helping Holly beat his opponent, Albert. Test and Holly assaulted Albert until his friend Rikishi ran down to help him. Later that night Test and Holly got their revenge on Rikishi by helping his opponent and Dawn’s friend Lance Storm win.

On the next week’s Smackdown Bob Holly’s win streak continued with a win over Rikishi with help from Test and Storm however Test and Holly were unable to cost Albert his match thanks to help from Hogan.

These are two new tag teams that will want to make a name for themselves. Test and Holly may be lighter but you can never ignore Dawn Marie’s possible influence. The intelligent beauty will do anything for her team to win. Another factor may be Lance Storm. Will Dawn manage to get another favor out of her friend. We can only find out at Backlash.

IPB Image

On the April 11th Smackdown, The Hurricane won a triple threat match to become number one contender for Tajiri’s Cruiserweight title. The following week the two men wrestled in a tag match with Tajiri’s team winning.

Both men are talented cruiserweights but only one can leave with the Cruiserweight title. The winner may be hard to predict but you can sure both wrestlers will give us a fast paced high impact match that will be remembered for a while.

-------------------------------------------------

Any predictions or comments are welcome

• 1 month later...

April 21st 2002

BACKLASH

IPB Image

Two Wrestling Brands

One Undisputed Heavyweight Title

Three Wrestling Superstars

Only One Can Fulfill Their Destiny

None Of Them Are New To Gold

But There Has Never Been A Gold As Precious

So Many Years Of Jealousy

So Much To Prove

Tonight

There Will Finally Be

A Backlash

The sold-out Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri was ready for WWF action. The commentators for all matches were Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler.

IPB Image

Booker came down to the ring clearly ready for his match, but obviously not as ready as Rob Van Dam who came down with a shopping trolley full of hardcore goodness. Booker rushes to meet him at the end of the ramp and the two men brawled with Booker T winning. Booker grabbed a roadsign and hit RVD in the back with it a number of times. RVD dodged another roadsign shot and knocked Booker down with a martial arts kick. Van Dam threw Booker into the ring and climbed in after him with a steel chair. Booker was doubled over with a shot to the stomach but was able to dodge a chair shot to the head. Booker whipped RVD into the turnbuckle and hit a clothesline. He followed it up with a bulldog onto the chair for a two count. Booker threw a number of items from the shopping trolley into the ring then pulled a table out from under the ring. RVD hit a plancha on Booker T from the ring knocking both men down. Booker was the first to get to his feet and he tried to powerbomb RVD through the table but RVD reversed it into a hurricarana with Booker landing hard onto the floor. RVD smashes Booker’s face into the table then slides the table into the ring. Booker T attempted a clothesline but RVD dodged it and Booker ended up ramming himself into the ring post.

With Booker seriously injured, RVD pulled a ladder from under the ring and slided it inside. He threw rolled Booker back into the ring but Booker hit a low blow to give himself some time. Booker started to set up the ladder against the turnbuckle but RVD hit him with a german suplex. RVD threw the ladder on top of Booker and hit the rolling thunder on it. Both men were hurt but RVD slowly made it to his feet. He threw another couple of tables into the ring and then set up the ladder and started to climb. Before he can hit a highflying move on his opponent, Booker got to his feet and climbed the other side of the ladder. Both me exchanged punches but it was RVD that fell off first. Booker climbed down from the ladder and started to use the ladder as a weapon, attacking RVD’s adnominal area. Booker placed the ladder against the turnbuckle and whipped RVD into it head first. Booker made a cover but only got a two count.

Booker placed the ladder down onto the canvas and hit the Scissors kick onto it but again only managed to get a two count. RVD slowly got to his feet and both men climbed the ladder. Booker attempted a superplex but RVD held onto the ladder. RVD attempted a superplex of his own but Booker was able to punch his way out of it. Booker then superplexed RVD off the ladder through two tables. Booker was too hurt himself to make a quick cover and by the time he was able to roll onto Van Dam he could only get a two count. When both men eventually got back to their feet it was Van Dam that was able to gain the advantage. He punched away at Booker then whipped him into the turnbuckle. He slowly climbed the turnbuckle and hit a dropkick for a two count. RVD hit Booker with a hard chair shot to the head then slowly climbed the ladder. To the crowds delight he hit a five star frog splash from the ladder onto Booker T.

He made the cover but Scott Hall and Sean Waltman had suddenly appeared at ringside. The two nWo members broke up the pin attempt and attacked RVD with a stop sign and a chair. Waltman hit the X-Factor onto the chair and Booker T was thrown onto the down Intercontinental champion. The referee made the reluctant count and we had a new Intercontinental champion in Booker T.

Winner: Booker T

Eddie Guerrero ran down to the ring to try to save RVD from a nWo beatdown but instead he ran straight into a clothesline from Hall. Hall and Waltman dumped a nWo shirt on top of Booker and left the ring with the IC title. Eddie slowly helped RVD to his feet and the two men took their frustrations out on Booker. A double frogsplash on Booker and Eddie and RVD left together having achieved some retribution.

Gold For The nWo

Waltman and Hall have hijacked a camera backstage with Hall wearing the IC title.

Scott Hall: Hey yo, we just want to officially announce that Booker T is the latest nWo member. He’s been lobbying for a place since we got here.

Sean Waltman: But the important part of that is we now have this.

He gestures to the IC title.

Sean Waltman: The nWo have their first title here in the WWF but believe us. This wont be the last.

Scott Hall: That’s right, the IC title may be first but the Undisputed Heavyweight title will be next. Triple H, we go way back man. We go way back, and I want to officially invite you to become the next nWo member.

Sean Waltman: And Triple H, you should think long and hard about your decision because if you make the wrong choice we’ll make sure you don’t leave here with the Undisputed title. That title will be around an nWo member’s waist soon, no matter how we get it and no matter who holds it.

Booker T suddenly burst into view.

Booker T: Hey, man. Why’d you two leave me out there to get double teamed by RVD and Guerrero. And why are you wearing my title?

Scott Hall: Hey chico, we gave you this title and we can take it from you just as easily. Don’t forget that the nWo is bigger then any single member. But on to our match tonight. Eddie, we’ve been talking to the Big Show all week. You’re going to get such a beating and maybe then you’ll learn not to mess with the n…W…o

STAND BACK!

The Hurricane was backstage with Marc Lloyd.

Marc Lloyd: Hurricane, tonight you have the chance to become WWF Cruiserweight champion. Tonight you face champion, Tajiri. Tajiri’s held the title for almost six months. Do you have what it takes to end his momentous reign?

Hurricane: You know what Marc Lloyd? As a superhero I’m supposed to fight the injustice of this world but there’s a huge injustice that I’ve let happen and that’s the mistreatment of Torrie Wilson by Tajiri. Tonight Torrie’s well being is much more important then the title. Torrie, we are all sick of how Tajiri has been treating you. If you want to leave Tajiri, I promise you that I will look after you.

The Hardy Boyz Backstage

Matt and Jeff Hardy were in their locker room.

Jeff Hardy: Matt, I know I have a huge battle tonight against The Undertaker and I know there’s a good chance that Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar will get involved but if I win this match I get an Undisputed Heavyweight title match. If I win I need to win all on my own.

Matt Hardy: What are you saying?

Jeff Hardy: I don’t want you at ringside for my match.

Matt looked like he was going to speak but instead he overturned a table and stormed out of the room. Jeff stared at the door in shock

Tag Teams Reunited

D-Von and Farooq were warming up backstage when Bubba and Bradshaw walked over. All four men hugged.

Bradshaw: We just wanted to wish you two luck. I know you’re going to kick some ass.

Bubba Ray: You two know that Rico will be at ringside. If you want us two to back you up then tell us.

Farooq: No, you’re alright. We’ve got this covered. We’re going to be leaving with the tag gold and there isn’t anything Rico, Billy or Chuck can do.

D-Von: Testify!

You Will Respect The Undertaker

The Undertaker was warming up backstage with Heyman on the phone beside him.

Paul Heyman: Brock, I’ve been trying to contact you all day. When you get this message please ring me straight away. It’s important.

Heyman looks up to see Coach approaching them.

Paul Heyman: What do you want?

Coach: I was just hoping I could get a few words with you and the Undertaker.

Paul Heyman: May I suggest that you consider getting your eyes checked. Does it look like my client wants to answer any of your stupid questions? I’m also extremely busy but I will allow you to ask me one question.

Coach: Ok, well it’s being reported that Brock Lesnar is not here tonight. Is there any friction in the Heyman camp?

Paul Heyman: You get one question and you waste it on something like that? Of course there isn’t any friction. Undertaker and Brock have a fine working relationship. Brock isn’t here tonight because he has no reason to be here. He doesn’t have a match tonight. Now get out of here.

Heyman grabs Coach’s microphone and pushes him away out of camera shot.

Paul Heyman: Jeff Hardy, you made a huge mistake. You’re nothing but a mediocre tag wrestler but you decided to try to get above your station. You decided to go to Ric Flair and ask for a match against The Undertaker. A former WWF champion. A man that is 6 foot 10, 325 pounds. The Undertaker is going to decimate you Jeff. Everyone knows it. The only person that doesn’t is RAW owner, Ric Flair. Now Jeff, the reason Ric thinks you have a chance is because Flair has beaten men bigger then himself his whole career. What you and Flair don’t seem to realize is that you’re no Ric Flair. You’re no Nature Boy. And even if you were as good as the Nature Boy you still wouldn’t be able to beat The Undertaker. Wrestlemania proved that. Jeff, as a humanitarian I am begging you not go through with this match. Just go to Ric and tell him that you’ve changed your mind. Please tell him that the man with no fear is terrified. Tell him that The Undertaker will be going to King of The Ring for the Undisputed Heavyweight title. Jeff, do whatever you can to get out of this match because the Undertaker is pissed off and I can’t promise that I can keep him under control.

IPB Image

The Undertaker came down to the ring first with Heyman psyching him up from the entrance curtain to the ring. The Hardy Boyz music started and Jeff sprinted into the ring. He walked straight up to the Undertaker and started to talk trash to him, obviously trying to show that he wasn’t scared. The Undertaker paused to listen to what the Hardy Boy had to say then floored him with a hard punch. Undertaker continued to punch and kick Jeff not letting him get any offence in. Undertaker whipped Jeff into the turnbuckle and floored him with a number of elbows. Jeff tried to fight back but Undertaker blocked a punch and beheaded Jeff with a clothesline. Undertaker tried to whip Jeff into another turnbuckle but Jeff managed to jump onto the top turnbuckle instead. Undertaker started to walk towards him but he got hit by a cross body block. Jeff stayed on top for the cover but and managed to get a two count. The Undertaker was clearly shocked by the near pin fall. He started to assault Jeff once again with right and left hands, the referee much too scared to step in. A big boot to the face floored Jeff and the Undertaker signaled that the match was over. He lifted Jeff up for the Last Ride but Jeff managed to punch his way out of it. He ended up on top of Taker and got another two count.

At that point Brock Lesnar walked down the ramp. Heyman ran over to him but Lesnar ignored him. Back in the ring Jeff was regaining some momentum using his speed and agility to his advantage. A moonsault picked up another two count. Jeff attempted another cross body block but he was caught by the Undertaker and slammed hard. He lifted Jeff up and again attempted a Last Ride. Just before he hit the move he shouted something at Brock who just smirked something in reply. Jeff suddenly used the distraction to his advantage and reversed the Last Ride into a hurricarana. Jeff dropkicked Undertaker in the knee knocking him down to one leg then knocking him down completely with a missile dropkick to the face. Jeff hit the Undertaker with a hard tornado DDT and The Undertaker actually looked knocked out. Jeff climbed to the turnbuckle and hit the Swanton bomb but Heyman had the referee distracted stopping him from making the count.

Brock quickly climbed into the ring, Jeff saw him and went to attack but Brock floored him with a clothesline. Brock lifted Jeff up and hit a hard sitout powerbomb on him. He then threw the still down Undertaker on top. Heyman climbed off the apron and the referee turned around to see Undertaker making the pin. He counted to three and The Undertaker had won.

Winner: The Undertaker

The Undertaker slowly got to his feet. He and Brock had a stare down but Brock offered his hand and after a pause the two men shook. They then took it in turns to powerbomb Jeff until officials were finally able to get Jeff away and onto a stretcher.

IPB Image

A very short spot based match with the offence being straight down the middle for most of it. Hurricane dodged a mist attack and it instead hit Torrie Wilson. Torrie then tried to trip Tajiri up but instead caught Hurricane. Hurricane fell and was hit with a martial arts kick to the head for the win.

Winner: Tajiri

Bradshaw Meets The nWo

Backstage Bradshaw and Bubba were sharing a few beers, standing by a monitor when the Scott Hall and Sean Waltman walked past.

Bradshaw: Hey, Hall. Why don’t you have a beer with us?

Bradshaw threw a beer to Hall who threw it down with disgust

Scott Hall: You think my personal problems are funny?

Bradshaw walked over to him

Bradshaw: Yeah I do, and you know why? It’s because you and your little buddy here are both assholes. I can’t wait for you two to get your asses kicked in your match tonight.

Scott Hall: You know what, chico? When the Big Show is done with Eddie Guerrero we’re giving him your name next.

IPB Image

A relatively short match with D-Von and Farooq dominating from the very beginning using a variety of double teams moves. Rico was constantly trying to interfere but a clothesline from Farooq left him down outside the ring and out for the rest of the match. Chuck was then hit with a dominator by Farooq. Farooq made the cover but Billy was able to break up the pin attempt. Farooq attempted a clothesline on Billy but the tag champ ducked and Farooq hit his tag partner instead. Billy then quickly hit the fameasser on Farooq and picked up the victory.

Winners: Billy and Chuck

D-Von was clearly angry after the match and he and Farooq had an extremely animated argument. It looked like they might come to blows but instead they hugged and made up. The commentators noted that D-Von can’t have another tag title match while Billy and Chuck are tag champs.

The First Ever Undisputed Heavyweight Champion Is In The Building

Backstage Chris Jericho was with Marc Lloyd.

Marc Lloyd: Chris, last month you were defending the Undisputed Heavyweight title at Wrestlemania. This month you are facing a man most famous for being a porn star. You have to admit that you have fallen quite dramatically.

Chris Jericho: You think it bothers me that I’m facing Scott Morely? This last month has been a holiday for me. It’s been a rest. Tonight I’ll step into the ring, quickly beat Scott Morely and then once again concentrate on getting an Undisputed Heavyweight title match. Scott Morely made a huge mistake. He wants to make a name for himself and lose his former porn star persona and he thinks the best way to do that is to beat a former Undisputed Heavyweight champion. Well, sure if he manages to beat me he instantly becomes one of the bigger stars on the Smackdown roster. However, and I promise you that this will happen, when I beat him in record time he’ll just become a nobody without a cool gimmick. I bet you all that on Smackdown he’ll be back with his ‘Helllloo Ladies’ hoping everyone forgets his failed attempt at being taken seriously.

IPB Image

The two men locked up with Jericho gaining the advantage working on the arm of Morely. Morely reversed it and started to work on Jericho’s arm. He then took him down with a headlock and started to work on Jericho’s legs. The two men continued to wrestle from counter to counter until Jericho ended up in a leg lock. Jericho grabbed hold of the ropes breaking up the hold. The two men stared each other down until Jericho slapped his opponent. Morely smiled then floored Jericho with a hard punch to the face. Morely started punching away at Jericho ignoring the referee’s attempts to stop him. Morely whipped Jericho into the turnbuckle and then hit a superplex for a two count. Jericho was back up but Morely quickly floored him with a clothesline. Morely hit a bridging german suplex for a two count. Jericho then rolled out of the ring to try to stop Morely from keeping his momentum but Morely went straight out after him. Jericho tried to whip Morely into the ring steps but Morely reversed it and Jericho went back first into the metal steps. Morely threw Jericho back into the ring and suplexed Jericho into the perfect position for a splash. Morely climbed onto the turnbuckle but Jericho rolled out of the way and Morely missed his splash. Morely was the first to his feet but Jericho rolled him up for a pin attempt. After Morely kicked out at 2 Jericho started to gain the upper hand. Jericho hit a number of back and neck breakers. He then locked on the Walls of Jericho but Morely used his leg muscles to break up the hold. Before Morely could regain his control Jericho hit him with a bulldog. Jericho hit the lionsault for a two count. Jericho was clearly amazed that Morely had been able to kick out. Jericho then locked on the Walls of Jericho with Morely unable to break it. Morely was in the hold for at least a minute before finally tapping out.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Jericho grabbed a microphone from ringside

Chris Jericho: Scott, you really impressed me tonight. You could have won a number of times, you just didn’t have what it takes to beat me. After that match I doubt anyone will think of you as a porn star and instead will think of you like the talented wrestler that you are

Jericho offered his hand to Morely who took it. Jericho then DDTed Morely and locked the Walls of Jericho on again. Officials ran down and eventually made Jericho break the hold.

Chris Jericho: You’ll always be a no talented piece of crap. If you try to get involved in my business again I’ll put you out of this sport for good.

Big Show and Eddie Talk

Big Show was in Eddie’s locker room.

Big Show: Look Eddie, the nWo are just trying to cause fiction between us.

Eddie Guerrero: I know what the nWo are trying to do. I just want you to look me in the face and tell me that you haven’t joined them.

Big Show: Eddie, I haven’t joined the nWo. I promise you.

Eddie Guerrero: Alright Show, that’s good enough for me. Now let’s get ready for our match.

A Match Has Been Made For Judgment Day

Dawn Marie came down to the ring.

Dawn Marie: Vince McMahon has decided that Test will face the immortal Hulk Hogan at Judgment Day. Also, if Hogan wins the title tonight their match will be for the title. I spent the last few days watching Hogan matches with Test preparing him but I have to admit I was blown away by Hogan’s charisma and talent. I had no idea how amazing he really is. I can officially announce that I’m now a card carrying Hulkamaniac. Hulk, you really deserve another title run and I will make sure that you win the title tonight. Consider it a thank you for bringing to many fans so much joy. Now, if I can introduce my clients. First, from Mobile, Alabama. He’s the toughest badass to ever wrestle in the WWF. Weighing in at 235 pounds…“Hardcore” Bob Holly.

Holly headed down to the ring wearing a Hogan t-shirt.

Dawn Marie: And his tag partner, from Ontario Canada. The man that will end Hulkamania next month at Judgment Day, weighing in at 286 pounds…Test

Test walked down to the ring also wearing a Hogan t-shirt.

IPB Image

The former tag partners, Test and Albert, started the match. Test dominated early on not allowing Albert to get in any offence. Rikishi was tagged in and started to fight back but Test hit a Big Boot on him knocking him down. Holly was tagged in and he started to beat down on the hurt Rikishi. Rikishi was soon able to shrug off his offence and make the tag to Albert. Holly quickly retreated and tagged Test in again. Test again dominated his former partner hitting a powerbomb. Holly was then tagged in. Holly knocked Albert down with a hard clothesline then again with an impressive dropkick. Albert was unable to get back into the match as Holly kept the offence on. Holly hit a DDT and received a two count. Holly then attempted a clothesline but Albert ducked and hit Holly with a scissors kick. Albert crawled to his corner and tagged in Rikishi. Rikishi cleaned house on Holly and Test. Holly was hit with the Rikishi Driver and Test was hit with the stinkface. Rikishi was going to hit an avalanche splash on Holly but he pulled the referee in the way instead. Rikishi superkicked Holly and made the cover but Storm ran down to the ring to interfere while the referee was down. Rikishi saw him and knocked him flat with a superkick but he then walked straight into a Big Boot from Test. Holly made the cover while Dawn revived the referee. The referee made the cover and Test and Holly had the win.

Winners: Bob Holly and Test

The Birth Of A New Stable

Dawn, Test, Holly and Storm all stand in the ring.

Dawn Marie: Lance, thank you for helping us tonight. Lance, you’ve defiantly earned the right to be one of my clients. What do you think? Join us?

Lance Storm: Dawn, I’d love to join you three.

Dawn Marie: Great. Ladies and gentlemen you are about to witness wrestling history. In this ring stands The Deadly Storm. I am going to take all three men to the top of this company. There isn’t a single person in the world that can stop my Deadly Storm

Test looked confused then without saying anything he climbed out of the ring and back up the ramp. Dawn, Storm and Holly looked at him confused as he disappeared into the back.

Will Triple H Join The nWo?

Waltman and Hall knocked on Triple H’s locker room. Triple H answered with the Undisputed Heavyweight title around his waist.

Sean Waltman: Hey, Triple H, man. It’s good to see you.

Scott Hall: I think you’ve been avoiding your buddies. I think you’ve forgotten who helped you reach the top

Triple H just watched them, bemused.

Sean Waltman: But we can ignore all that. We’re here to offer you a place in the nWo.

Triple H: You want me to join the nWo?

Scott Hall: Yeah

Triple H: Well I’ve got a huge issue with you two thinking you helped me reach the top. Hall, while you were here I was opening PPVs. In fact when you left our Kliq Curtain Call actually hurt my career. You didn’t help me at all.

He points at Waltman

Triple H: And as for you. When WCW dumped you I bought you to the WWF. I helped you make a name for yourself in DX. It was me that helped create you. I don’t owe you two anything and I can’t wait for Big Show and Guerrero to kick your asses.

Scott Hall: You’re going to regret this. You might have just cost yourself that title.

IPB Image

The match was almost a handicap match from the very beginning with Christian constantly getting involved behind the referee’s back. Edge amazed everyone by being able to outwrestle Angle on numerous occasions. Angle was constantly trying to lock on the ankle lock but Edge was always able to keep out of the submission hold. Angle worked the leg but Edge’s ring presence meant he was often able to get to the ropes breaking any holds. Edge reversed an Angle slam into a reverse DDT picking up a near fall. Edge blocked a german suplex and hit one of his own. Angle dodged a spear attempt and Edge hit the turnbuckle hard. Angle rolled Edge up but only got a two count. Edge attempted another spear but again Angle moved. Edge accidentally speared the referee knocking him down. Christian used that opportunity to interfere and he and Angle double teamed Edge. Angle then locked Edge in the ankle lock shouting that he was going to break his ankle. Suddenly Mark Henry ran down the ramp and into the ring. Christian tried to attack him but Henry beheaded him with a hard clothesline. Angle tried to hit the Angle slam but he was unable to lift Henry. Henry crushed Angle with an avalanche splash in the corner which was quickly followed up by a spear from Edge. Outside the ring Henry hit a splash on Christian while the referee slowly got to his feet. The ref saw that Edge was pinning Angle and made the count.

Winner: Edge

The Tag Match Has A New Stipulation

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman made their way down to the ring ready for their match. Just as the got into the ring the nWo music ended and Ric Flair’s started. Flair walked down to the bottom of the ramp with a microphone in hand.

Ric Flair: You know I think the old Nature Boy has had too many knocks to the head. I think I might be going senile or something. I completely forgot to tell everyone about the little change I made to the match. This match is a lumberjack match

Sean Waltman: Hey Flair you can’t do that.

Ric Flair: Yes I can Waltman. Because whooo, because I’m the owner of RAW. Now let me introduce the lumberjacks. First the man you two beat up a few weeks ago.. Matt Hardy.

The Hardy Boyz music started at Matt made his way down to ringside to a mixed reaction.

Ric Flair: Next…another victim of one of your assaults, Bubba Ray Dudley.

The Dudley Boyz music starts and Bubba walked down to the ring. He stopped when he got to Matt and the two exchanged insults. It looked like they might come to blows until Flair rushed down towards them and sent Matt to the other side of the ring.

Ric Flair: The next lumberjack is a man you two met earlier today…Bradshaw.

Bradshaw walked to the ring in his usual cowboy costume. He high fived Bubba Ray and stood at one end of ringside.

Ric Flair: The final lumberjack is a former Intercontinental champion. In fact you two cost him the title earlier tonight. Ladies and gentlemen…Rob Van Dam.

RVD came down to the ring to a huge ovation. He was still selling the injuries from earlier as he took his side of the ring. The lumberjacks surrounded the ring as Lillian Garcia introduced Big Show and Guerrero. The two men climbed into the ring and the match was underway.

IPB Image

Big Show started in the ring however neither nWo member would go anywhere near him. Big Show reluctantly tagged in Guerrero who headed straight for Scott Hall. Guerrero was able to hold his own against Hall until Hall blocked a suplex attempt. Hall used his size to his advantage slamming Guerrero hard. A fallaway slam was followed by a legdrop from Waltman for a two count. Waltman used hit a number of martial arts kicks on Guerrero but Guerrero was able to dodge one and throw Waltman out of the ring towards Bradshaw. Bradshaw took great pleasure in clotheslining him down hard. Bubba walked over and the two hit a 3D on him before rolling him back into the ring. Waltman was out on his feet and Guerrero hit a german suplex for a two count. Hall broke up the pin attempt and tried to hit the Outsiders Edge but Eddie was able to wriggle out of it. Eddie dropkicked Hall out of the ring near RVD. Van Dam showed off his martial arts kicks on Hall before throwing him back into the ring. Eddie climbed onto the turnbuckle and signaled for a frog splash but Waltman hurricaranad him off. He hit the X-Factor but Show broke up the pin attempt. Waltman climbed out of the ring to get away from Show and found himself surrounded by Matt Hardy and Bubba Ray. The two men attacked him but a stray punch from Bubba accidentally floored Hardy. Waltman used the confusion to get back into the ring where Hall and Eddie were brawling. Bubba helped Matt to his feet but Matt slapped the Dudley. The two men started to brawl all around ringside despite RVD and Bradshaw trying to separate the two men. In the ring Eddie was systematically being beaten down by Hall and Waltman. Big Show kept trying to help his partner but the referee kept stopping him. Hall lifted Eddie up for the Outsiders Edge but Eddie slipped out of it again. Eddie leaped forward and tagged in Big Show. Show grabbed hold of Hall to hit the chokeslam but suddenly grabbed Eddie as well. Show let go of Hall and hit a huge chokeslam on Eddie as Hall and Waltman gloated.

Scott Hall: We warned you, Eddie. We warned you

All four lumberjacks jumped into the ring but all four were chokeslamed one after the other. Hall handed Big Show an nWo shirt and the three nWo members walked to the back to loud boos.

World Title Match Preview

A video package is shown hyping the roster split and the build up to the triple threat match. It included comments from all three men about what the World title means to them.

IPB Image

As the match started the three men took it in turns brawling. After a few minutes Dawn Marie, Test, Lance Storm and Bob Holly all made their way down to the ring wearing Hulkamania shirts with all four of them cheering Hogan. Austin gave both Hogan and Triple H the middle finger then clotheslined them both down. He started stomping away at Triple H in the corner before brawling with Hogan. Triple H got back to his feet and he and Hogan double teamed The Texas Rattlesnake. At that moment Hall, still wearing Booker T’s IC title, and Waltman made their way down to the ring standing on the opposite side of Storm Force. Austin was thrown onto the apron near Storm Force. Test grabbed him and pulled him down onto the floor where all three men attacked him. Meanwhile Hogan was manhandling Triple H. Austin was thrown back into the ring as Hogan hulked up hitting a big boot on Triple H. Hogan signaled for the leg drop but Austin was back on his feet and stopped Hogan from hitting the move. Triple H slowly got to his feet only for Hall and Waltman to pull him out of the ring. The two nWo members attacked the World champion with Hall getting in a IC title hit. Back in the ring Austin ducks a clothesline and attempts a stunner on Hogan. Hogan moved out of the way of the stunner and whipped Austin into the turnbuckle. Both Hogan and Austin went for a clotheslines leaving both men lying in the middle of the ring. Triple H was also thrown back into the ring leaving all three men down. Austin and Hogan slowly got to their feet. Austin hit the stunner and made the cover but Dawn Marie had jumped onto the apron distracting the referee. Storm Force climbed into the ring and attacked Austin again. Triple H slowly got to his feet. Seeing what was happening he attacked Storm Force, saving Austin from the beatdown. By this time Hogan was also back up. Austin hit Holly with a stunner. Triple H hit Storm with the Pedigree and Hogan hit Test with a big boot and legdrop. All three members of Storm Force were thrown out of the ring. The three match participants all paused catching their breath before Austin said something to his opponents. Hogan and Triple H nodded and suddenly all three men climbed out of the ring and attacked Waltman and Hall. The nWo members were beaten down in the ring with both men being hit by a stunner, pedigree and legdrop. Hogan chased an injuried Hall and Waltman up the ramp and backstage. In the ring Austin hit Triple H with a stunner. Hogan ran back into the ring and broke up the pin attempt. Austin and Hogan brawled in the ring until Hogan was able to hit the big boot and legdrop. By this time Triple H was back to his feet. The Champion hit Hogan with a pedigree and collapsed on top of him. The referee made the count and Triple H won the match.

Backlash’s Conclusion

Triple H helped Hogan up and the two shook hands. Hogan tried to shake hands with Austin but he only gave him the finger and stunnered him. Triple H turned around but also got stunnered by Austin. Austin celebrated with beers over Hogan and Triple H’s unconscious body. Suddenly the Big Show ran down to the ring in his nWo shirt. Austin punched him but Show just shrugged off each blow. He picked him up and hit a huge chokeslam. Show then lifted up Hogan and Triple H and hit chokeslams on both of them. The show went off air with Big Show standing over Austin, Hogan and Triple H with the Undisputed Heavyweight title in his hands, Hall and Waltman either side of him. The nWo had reigned supreme at Backlash

• 11 months later...