Microsoft Sued Over Alleged Xbox 360 Glitch

Vilge Duin

It depends what you do with it really I think. I've gone through four PS2's but still have my original Xbox that I got on launch but my PS2's have gone through so much more than my Xbox. They used to get bagged up and chucked around in a rucksack every weekend when I was going back and forth from Bradford to Liverpool a lot, so I put the problems with my PS2 down to travel.

As it stands, I haven't had one problem with my 360 yet, but I'm not going to risk standing it up any time soon.

i never had a problem with my PS2 and i know a cupple of guys that have an X-Box and never reported any trubble to me. stop starting a retarted console vs console thing again, it´s mass production, there will be a faulty one every now and than, and the first "press" almost always will suck hard and you are an ideot for doing the hardware stress test for more monney than the working console that gets produced 6-12 month later will coast.

Or maybe, y'know, they're trying to get a share of the market in BUSINESS logic? Of course they're trying to one up Sony, but only because it makes sense, they're about making money not waiting until the competitor comes out just to see who sells more units in the first month.

Oh yes, it's business logic to sell things before they're ready so that you can get ahead of the game. Yes, in the BUSINESS sense it's great to try to one up the competition, and I have no problem with that, but it is obvious that the 360 wasn't prepared for launch. When Madden for 360 is actually outclassed by Madden for regular X-Box, that's just sad. Microsoft has taken this war somewhat personally, or else they would of waited until they had the best software, as well as they could of tested there hardware a little better to prevent 'frivolous' lawsuits such as this.

Considering rumours have it, that Microsoft lost Millions of dollars with the original X-Box, given all of the testing etc. etc., releasing it before all the others was probably a plan for a long time, to try and get as much as they can from the market to cover the costs of the 360, and hopefully a bit more for the previous console.

Oh yes, it's business logic to sell things before they're ready so that you can get ahead of the game. Yes, in the BUSINESS sense it's great to try to one up the competition, and I have no problem with that, but it is obvious that the 360 wasn't prepared for launch. When Madden for 360 is actually outclassed by Madden for regular X-Box, that's just sad. Microsoft has taken this war somewhat personally, or else they would of waited until they had the best software, as well as they could of tested there hardware a little better to prevent 'frivolous' lawsuits such as this.

Considering rumours have it, that Microsoft lost Millions of dollars with the original X-Box, given all of the testing etc. etc., releasing it before all the others was probably a plan for a long time, to try and get as much as they can from the market to cover the costs of the 360, and hopefully a bit more for the previous console.