Elfen Lied

Johnny Latino Heat

So I just watched the whole Elfen Lied anime, and I have to say, it's one of the most impressive, emotional, and stomach churning animes I have ever seen.

Here are some of the parts that moved/disgusted the living hell outta me:

That whole part when the little boys are killing Lucy/Nyu's dog in front of her. God, I just loved that payback.

The Mayu/stepfather relationship made me sick.

Kohta's sister's expression and last words when she died.

The suffering the Diclonius' have been through.

Kohta being one of the biggest victims in this.

I've not seen more than a few clips, but I haven't as yet bothered to follow it up. I may do so once I free up some more hard drive space.

Obviously I can't be entirely accurate when recommending similar anime, but for ones that are that emotionally fucked up then Saikano is king.

I need more emotionally destructive anime. I've been on a run of comedies recently, and the giggling is strarting to become painful.

Edited by stokeriño

I didn't find Pefect Blue that bad. I mean, maybe it was overhyped to me by everyone going on about how its "like if Hitchcock did animation". Sure there was a bit of rape, some attempted knifeage, and the whole wierdness caused by everybody being fucked in the head, but frankly I was more disturbed by the first episode of Speed Grapher than I was by this.

Probably because I wasn't expecting it, to be fair.

The Place Promised To Us In Our Early Days (can't be arsed to remember the Japanese name to this one :( )

It's a good film, but it damn sure doesn't contain the 'devastating' variety of emotion like those examples from Elfen Lied. It's sweet, that's all it is.

And screw the Japanese name, I can barely be bothered with the English one. I usually refer to it by its alternate title 'Beyond the Clouds', because I can actually get it out in one breath without tripping up over myself.

Edited by stokeriño