WEST WING: DIRTY JOHNNY 27 VS EVANSFAN1

Dirty Johnny 27 versus Evansfan1

Story: You've been accepted as a freelance graphics artist by a film company, and they want you to design for them a promotional poster for their upcoming movie, _________. The design will be featured in movie theaters wherever the movie is being shown, so they especially want you to do a good job with it.

Basic Rules: Create a movie poster for whatever upcoming movie you'd like or, if there are none that you're interested in doing, create one for your favorite movie. Take a look at actual theater promotional posters for movies before you make one, though... remember: the more professional the design, the better the results.

Restrictions: Credits for the film are optional, but you MUST have the names of at least one or two main actors/actresses featured in the movie featured somewhere on the poster, as well as the name/logo of the movie itself.

Size: 600x860

Deadline: Sunday, March 26th

Guest thederekeffect1

' date='28th Mar 2006, 12:49 am' post='716775']

Somebody missed the deadline :o

Edited by thederekeffect1

THEDEREKEFFECT1

-------------

Pros: Where the hell did you come from?! This is really good, you should post here more! The simplicity works wonders-- your font placement is great, the logo was placed in a nice spot of the poster where it draws attention yet isn't too large or too small, and the layout to the poster itself is crisp and clean-- a very, very nice execution. Even the blue font-- which, at first glance, I didn't like all that much-- adds a really nice balance of colors there.

Cons: The WB logo kinda looks 'flattened', as though you stretched it out wider then it was meant to be.

EVANSFAN1

-------------

Pros: I... uh... yeah, sorry.

Cons: This definitely doesn't look like a theatrical poster at ALL. Background is horrible and of poor quality, the font you've chosen doesn't work at all, the cuts are tiny and sized horribly in comparison to each other... there's just so many routes you could have gone with that movie and you didn't take any. I mean, I really hate to say this and sound overly harsh, but the whole poster itself feels like a con to me.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

thederekeffect1 came in at a great time with a great work to offer-- it looks like something I'd see in a theater. Crisp, clean, simple design for a simple idea that came off really well.

Evansfan1, however... not so much. Sorry man, but none of this works, and if I saw this in a theater I really would cringe at the sight.

thederekeffect1 obviously advances, but thank you for *trying* Evans, you at least put forth an effort to make your peice, unlike alot of people in this tournament. Maybe we'll see you next time man, just work on improving your skills.

Welcome to round two, derek.

Edited by The Mask of Norro