WEST WING: JULES VS XERO GRAVITY

Jules versus Xero Gravity

Story: An up-and-coming company in your area is looking for graphic designers to update their current logo to fit more 'modern' standards. Along with this, they're looking for a sample of the logo on a business card, and it's up to you to make that happen.

Basic Rules: Design a logo for a fictional company of and product, and design a business card for yourself as the said company's freelance graphic artist.

Restrictions: Obviously must include the name of the company on both. For the business card, include a name, address, phone + fax number, and an email address (all may be fictional)

Size: Keep logo sizes below 600x600(that would be a hi-res logo). Business card size should be 500x300

Deadline: Tuesday, April 11th

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Guest Jules

Hmm, not too chuffed with this at all. I had a lot of ideas, but none would come out right. The business card came out alright, I guess.. Don't ask about the logo, I know. :ohwell:

post-231-1144706625_thumb.jpg

post-231-1144706646_thumb.jpg

post-231-1144706625_thumb.jpg

post-231-1144706646_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ALLDAWSON'S JUDGING

JULES vs XERO GRAVITY:

JULES

-------------

Pros: Business card has a nice layout and the cuts are very good. I also like the red and grey lines idea. Idea for logo is nice.

Cons: Very poor quality logo, could have been much better. I would probably have chosen a more 'comical' font to suit the company on the business card. I don't like the way the text overlaps Michaelangelo's nunchucks.

XERO GRAVITY

-------------

Pros: ...

Cons: ...

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Jules' logo was a nice idea but the execution was poor, very blurry. The card was pretty good I thought, I liked the layout and cuts. The Marv fading was also a nice touch. Jules by default.

WILDCAT'S JUDGING

JULES VS XERO GRAVITY

JULES

PROS: hmm, I do like the grey and maroon spacers and the fading of the guy in the background is a nice touch.

CONS: The logo is good in theory but just not really executed as well as it could have been as its just blury and boring. The Turtles and the Vader images, while they fit the idea of the piece don't really work well with it and don't really fit the color scheme at all and the placement of things just seems a bit off.

XERO GRAVITY

PROS: None

CONS: None

Judgement: While I wasn't overly impressed with JULES's piece his opponent was a no show so JULES is my vote.

MY JUDGING

Jules

-------------

Pros: The idea for the logo works well for what you're selling. The card itself has a pretty decent layout, and I'm liking the way you have Darth Vader and the turtles on there (to a certain extent)

Cons: The logo IDEA was good, but the EXECUION was horrid. Jagged edges, very poor quality... yeah. As far as the card, I'd have liked to see a larger picture of the turtles to keep them in-scale with Vader, and get rid of Marve in the background. Personally, I think that would have worked better.

Zero Gravity

-------------

Pros: ...

Cons: I really hope this doesn't happen as much in the semis >_<

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Jules had a decent idea for the logo and the card, but the logo is just very poor. The card is good, but again... I'd have liked to see the turtles evened with Vader and to have Marv in the back taken out of the picture. All in all, a decent work.

Jules by default.

Jules advances on to the west wing semi-finals! Congratulations!

Guest Jules

Aye, sorry guys.. I'll put in more effort next time. Just got tangled up in the rules, not knowing what idea to come up with, and also left it a little tad late at the same time.

Thanks for the judgements.