THEDEREKEFFECT1 VS AARON MAIDEN

thederekeffect1 versus Aaron Maiden

Story: An up-and-coming company in your area is looking for graphic designers to update their current logo to fit more 'modern' standards. Along with this, they're looking for a sample of the logo on a business card, and it's up to you to make that happen.

Basic Rules: Design a logo for a fictional company of and product, and design a business card for yourself as the said company's freelance graphic artist.

Restrictions: Obviously must include the name of the company on both. For the business card, include a name, address, phone + fax number, and an email address (all may be fictional)

Size: Keep logo sizes below 600x600(that would be a hi-res logo). Business card size should be 500x300

Deadline: Tuesday, April 11th

• 2 weeks later...

ALLDAWSON'S JUDGING

THEDEREKEFFECT1 vs AARON MAIDEN:

THEDEREKEFFECT1

-------------

Pros: ...

Cons: ...

AARON MAIDEN

-------------

Pros: The text on the business card is nice and easy to read. Adaptation of the logo is good.

Cons: I dislike the colours on the card, particularly the random splodges of green. Logo doesn't do it for me, font is hard to read at a quick glance.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

I dislike both pieces to be honest, although there are a couple of little plus points (logo adaptation, text). Aaron Maiden by default.

WILDCAT'S JUDGING

THEDEREKEFFECT1 VS AARON MAIDEN

THEDEREKEFFECT1

PROS: none

CONS: none

AARON MAIDEN

PROS: Creative logo and its looks good as well. I also like the placement and look of the buisness card.

CONS: Not sure about the Blue outline on the logo and the grey to very bright is a little too much as it draws your eye away from the important aspects of the card.

Judgement: AARON MAIDEN wins.

MY JUDGING

THEDEREKEFFECT1

-------------

Pros: ...

Cons: Where did you go, Derek, where did you go :(

AARON MAIDEN

-------------

Pros: The logo is actually quite nice, though I question the font selection. As far as the business card goes, eeerily remniscent of Keith's layout, but it works. I like how you've included the info the way you have and, as a plus, it's easily legible.

Cons: Again, I'm a bit iffy with your font selection on the logo. The way you added it onto the card is a tad bit ugly too-- black fonts with white strokes don't always 'hit it' with people, so to speak. It would have been fine on it's own, really.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

Aaron's was a nice, simple design pulled off semi-effectively with a few kinks to work out to make it a truly decent work.

Derek's was nonexistant.

Aaron Maiden advances on to the west wing semifinals! Congratulations!