Not much of an experiment really... I was bored in the Academy's library and figured I'd learn how to use CS (I've been using 6.0 this whole time... it's really not that different though). So I took a single stockphoto from Deviantart.com and just messed around with it.

The finished result is pretty good, I think. No font or anything added to it-- I used it as a background for a graphic I did for an e-fed I'm in but that's about it.

First, here's the link to the stock used: http://www.deviantart.com/view/36089413/

And here's the graphic:

Frost.png

Comments/Critique? Like I said, it was just an experiment really. Simple project that took me about 20 minutes to wrap up all together. I think it works well as a background though.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Looks pretty good Norro. Only the one criticism from me, that being the light spot in the middle of the graphic. For some reason I like the lines coming off of it, but not the actual light source itself. Aside from that though, I like it, as you said it would look good as a background.

Guest [ Tyler ]

The thing I dislike is the fact that the light is clear and not grainy like the rest of the image. Nice colors though.

EDIT: If the lines from the middle spot were properly aligned with the other lines in the image it'd look better aswell.

Edited by [ Tyler ]

Exactly: if the light was grainy too, it'd just look awkward.

Also, when you look at a lighting flare and you see those little 'light-lines' as shown on the graphic, when are they ever perfectly symmetrical in a + form? Having them properly alligned wouldn't work all too well.

Thanks for the comments, however, I do appreciate them :)

One second then, the text was only there to just have the name anyway.

The shadow and the text really wasn't apart of it anyway :P

I'll upload it without.

EDIT: Done. If you don't see the change, just refresh.

Edited by The Mask of Norro