Total Nonstop Action Wrestling 2006

RKOwnage

IPB Image

September 21, 2006

On the final iMPACT before No Surrender, there will be a Pay-Per-View caliber main event! It will be Christian Cage taking on Ron "The Truth" Killings live in the iMPACT Zone this Thursday night! Both men want to get their hands on their respective No Surrender opponents, but Jim Cornette has stated that he isn't allowing that until No Surrender, so these two men will clash in the iMPACT Zone on Spike TV!

In an excellent preview match for No Surrender, we'll see AJ Styles taking on Chase Stevens of the Naturals and Homicide of LAX in a three-way contest! LAX lost the encounter last week, having been run off by both of their opponents at No Surrender! Can Homicide get revenge for last week, or will Stevens or Styles get the momentum for their respective teams going into No Surrender?

Last week, we saw Samoa Joe help his No Surrender opponent, Rhino, defeat Homicide of the Latin American eXchange, but at No Surrender, those two will be stepping in the ring with each other. This Thursday on iMPACT, Samoa Joe will have a statement to make going into No Surrender!

Tune into iMPACT on Spike TV at 11 PM EST Thursday night to get your weekly 60-minute adrenaline rush!

On The Horizon:

TNA iMPACT! Main Event

Ron Killings vs. Christian Cage

AJ Styles vs. Homicide vs. Chase Stevens

Samoa Joe's statement

Edited by RKOwnage

IPB Image

Three Way: AJ Styles vs. Chase Stevens vs. Homicide

The camera faded in and the fans in the iMPACT Zone in Orlando, Florida were going wild as Mike Tenay and Don West welcomed everyone to the show. Immediately, the theme of LAX hit and the first match was set to begin. Homicide came out along with his partner Hernandez and manager, Konnan. Konnan and Hernandez stopped at the ramp and Homicide raised his belt before giving to Konnan, who went backstage.

David Penzer: The following three-way matchup is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Brooklyn, New York, weighing in at 220 pounds, he is one half of the NWA World Tag Team Champions, HOMICIIIIIIIIDE!

Homicide stepped inside the ring, waiting for his opponents. The Naturals' theme hit and the member of the Naturals who won them the #1 contendership in the first place made his way out to the ring in Chase Stevens, along with Andy Douglas and Shane Douglas. The Douglas's patted Stevens on the back before letting him go and walking backstage.

David Penzer: Making his way to the ring, accompanied by Andy Douglas and Shane Douglas, from Nashville, Tennessee, weighing in at 220 pounds, CHAAAASE STEEEEVENS!

Stevens and Homicide were exchanging words in the ring as the referee tried to maintain order before the match even began. "I Am" hit and AJ Styles made his way out to the ring to complete this three-way matchup. Chris Daniels and Jerry Lynn stopped at the top of the ramp with him, as the other teams did.

David Penzer: And their opponent, from Gainesville, Georgia, weighing in at 215 pounds, he is THE PHENOMINALLL AAAJJJ STYYYLES!

AJ Styles got inside the ring, and once the bell rang, all hell broke loose. It started out as a three-way brawl, but then Stevens and Styles formed a bit of an alliance and began to use double team moves on the Latin-American. They whipped him into the ropes, and on the rebound, they hit a double dropkick. After Homicide crawled out of the ring, Stevens whipped Styles into the opposite ropes. On AJ's rebound, he flew over the ropes into a plancha onto Homicide! When they both got up, Stevens catapulted himself over the ropes onto them! They brawled on the outside a bit until they were all in the ring. Late in the match, Homicide and Stevens were alone in the ring and Homicide was able to hit the Gringo Killer! He made the cover, but Styles SOMEHOW broke it up! Stevens rolled out of the ring as Homicide and AJ were at their feet. Homicide went for a standing clothesline, but Styles ducked. Homicide turned around and Styles kicked him in the stomach and got him into a piledriver position, lifted him up and hit the Styles Clash! He rolled him over and the referee counted to three!

After the match, Styles celebrated in the ring, having gotten the momentum heading into No Surrender! Chase Stevens was visually disappointed as he slammed his fist on the ground, extremely unhappy.

Winner: AJ Styles

Next, Tenay said there was something going on backstage and that the cameras were about to switch back there. When the camera went backstage, Raven and Abyss were seen brawling all throughout the backstage area. James Mitchell was holding a small bag as Abyss threw Raven through the tunnel leading to the ring. They brawled all down the ramp, slamming each other into the guard rail and ring apron, before they ended up in the ring. Raven went for the Raven Effect, but Abyss had other ideas. He grabbed Raven's foot and hit a massive clothesline! Mitchell opened up the bag and emptied thousands of tiny thumbtacks all over the ground! He commanded Abyss to "destroy Raven." Abyss lifted Raven up, but Raven almost instinctively kicked him in the stomach and hit him with the Raven Effect, planting the 6'8 monster into the thumbtacks! Mitchell couldn't believe it as Raven yelled at Mitchell "That's what you're gonna see at No Surrender!" The fans went wild as Raven left the ring and headed backstage with Abyss on the ground in a pool of thumbtacks, in extreme pain.

X-Division Championship: Senshi © vs. Elix Skipper

After a commercial break, the music of the Diamonds in the Rough hit the PA system and Elix Skipper came out for his big chance to make an impact on the X-Division once more. He looked to capture the X-Division championship for the first time in his career against Senshi.

David Penzer: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the X-Division Championship! Introducing first, the challenger, accompanied to the ring by Simon Diamond and David Young, from Atlanta, Georgia, weighing in at 228 pounds, PRIIMETIIIIME ELIIIIX SKIPPERRR!

Skipper got in the ring as Diamond and Young went to ringside. The theme music of Senshi played and the martial artist made his way out to the ring, X-Division championship on his shoulder. He looked as focused as ever as he stared in at his former Triple X teammate, Elix Skipper.

David Penzer: And his opponent, from Brooklyn, New York, weighing in at 180 pounds, he is the current X-Division champion, SEEENSHIIIIIII!

Senshi got in the ring and handed his belt to the referee. Tenay and West hyped the history between these two men as they stared at each other and circled the ring. Senshi went for a hard kick to Skipper's ribs, but Elix caught it and shook his finger, saying "no" and then gestured to his head, saying "I'm too smart for that." Out of nowhere, the champion whipped his other leg around and hit an enzuigiri kick onto Primetime, scrambling his brains! He made the cover, but only got two. A couple of minutes later, Senshi was going for the Warrior's Way, but Skipper quickly got up and hopped to the second rope. He quickly locked Senshi's head between his legs and hit a hurricanrana from the top rope! He hooked Senshi's leg as he made the cover, but the champion kicked out! Skipper couldn't believe it, and neither could David Young or Simon Diamond on the outside! Skipper picked up Senshi and he went for the Play of the Day, but Senshi rolled through before he could hit it. Senshi turned around and hit Skipper with a spinning heel kick. Elix got right back up and was kicked in the stomach. Senshi got him in a suplex position and hooked his leg. He hit a Fisherman's Suplex and went to the top rope. David Young got up on the apron, but Senshi kicked him off, and Young landed onto Simon Diamond! Senshi quickly jumped off the top rope onto Skipper, hitting the Warrior's Way! The referee counted as Senshi covered for the 1, 2, 3!

Senshi was handed the X-Division championship and he celebrated with it as the Diamonds in the Rough looked steamed on the outside! They went backstage as Senshi celebrated his victory!

Winner: Senshi ©

The camera went backstage where Jeremy Borash was standing outside the office of Jim Cornette.

Jeremy Borash: Hello, I'm Jeremy Borash, and I'm standing outside the office of the face of TNA management, Jim Cornette. I was told to come down here, but I'm not quite sure why yet--

All of a sudden, none other than Kevin Nash walked out of the door! The fans booed as Borash began to question him.

Jeremy Borash: Kevin Nash has just come out the door! Kevin, what went on in there?

Kevin Nash: You wanna know what I was talking to Cornette about? Well, it's gonna be official. Come Sunday at No Surrender, we're gonna see the match that was supposed to happen at Hard Justice. But due to the timing of my knee injury, that was unable to happen. This Sunday, it's gonna be that no talent piece of trash Chris Sabin taking on none other than yours truly, the greatest wrestler ever to grace the X-Division, "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash! And this time, everyone will be banned from ringside, so Sabin can't have his little buddies Dutt and Lethal helping him out and trying to beat me so it's three on one.

Jeremy Borash: But, you had Alex Shelley interfere for you so you could beat Chris Sabin at Slammiversary!

Kevin Nash: What the hell are you talking about? I won that match fair and square! You know what, just for cutting me off, you deserve to get your ass kicked! But you know what, since I'm in a good mood, I'm just gonna do this.

Nash knocked the microphone out of Borash's hand, and pushed him backwards into the wall behind him. He then tossed him off the screen and picked up the microphone once more.

Kevin Nash: See ya Sunday, Chris!

Nash walked off the screen as the show went to a commercial break.

When iMPACT returned, the fiery redhead Christy Hemme was backstage (filling in for Jeremy Borash) and she was standing by with none other than Samoa Joe.

Christy Hemme: Hello, my name is Christy Hemme, and I'm backstage along with the undefeated Samoan Submission Machine, Samoa Joe! People have been asking all week, what exactly is this statement you've been talking about concerning Rhino?

Samoa Joe: Not only have people been asking me that, but they've also been asking me why I helped Rhino last week. I've already explained that. I have respect for the man. He's a former ECW Champion, two time ECW Television Champion, but most importantly, he's captured the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. And when he won 3 matches in one night at Bound For Glory 2005 to do it, he gained my respect. Last week, he was getting cheated out of a victory, and I have no respect for guys like that. Homicide, Hernandez, Konnan, they all use underhanded tactics, but me? I beat them to a bloody pulp. And that brings me back to Rhino. My statement tonight is that even though I helped you last week, it's not gonna be the same come Sunday. We can be friends outside the ring, but don't expect me not to go all out at No Surrender. I'm gonna do the same to you as I've done to all my opponents here in TNA. And that's physically dominate you until you have no choice but to give up. And I'll do that...with the utmost respect for you, Rhino. See you Sunday.

TNA iMPACT Main Event: Ron Killings vs. Christian Cage

The camera flashed away with Joe's face looking extremely serious and focused. Tenay and West hyped Joe vs. Rhino at No Surrender, but then switched to the main event here tonight, Christian Cage and Ron Killings. Christian's theme hit and he came out to a lot of heat.

David Penzer: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is your TNA iMPACT main event for tonight! Introducing first, from Toronto, Canada, weighing in at 227 pounds, CHRISTIAAN CAAAGE!

Christian made his way down to the ring, looking very serious, even moreso than the Christian Cage we usually see. He got inside the ring and the music of Ron Killings played. The rapper/TNA wrestler made his way to the top of the ramp as he danced to his theme and encouraged the fans to sing it.

David Penzer: And his opponent, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing 230 pounds, RON "THE TRUUUUTH" KILLINGS!

Killings slid in the ring and he and Christian immediately began to brawl. The two fired punches back and forth at each other, and Killings was getting the advantage. He whipped Christian into the ropes and hit a clothesline. Christian got up and went for a clothesline himself, which was ducked, and Killings hit a spinebuster onto Cage! Then, out from the heel entrance ramp came Jeff Jarrett. He and Scott Steiner pulled up two steel chairs and sat down, discussing the matchup. Killings looked down at them and continued staring and yelling at them. Meanwhile, he had taken his eyes off of Christian, who rolled him up, and the referee counted, but Killings was able to kick out before three! They both got up and Christian went for the Unprettier, but Killings pushed him into the ropes and hit a forearm to his back! Later on in the match, Christian had the momentum for a good three minutes and Jarrett and Steiner looked on, looking content with the flow of the match. He hit a huge reverse DDT, before he went to the top rope. He posed a little bit at the top rope, before he pointed to Jeff Jarrett, motioning for the NWA World Title. He jumped off and went for a frog splash, but Killings moved out of the way! Jarrett got startled and saw that Killings was going to get the momentum back, so he ordered Steiner to come with him. They both picked up their chairs and re-folded them. Both men made their way down to the ring and Killings tried to fight them both off, but as he was going after Jarrett, Scott Steiner slammed the steel down hard onto his back! Killings writhed in pain as Jarrett landed another chairshot to his back as the referee called for the bell!

After the match, Christian Cage started to get some shots in, but the lights went out! Don West once again sounded like he was about to wet his pants as the lights came on and Sting was in the ring! Steiner ran at him with the chair, but Sting punched him in the stomach and took the chair from him. Jarrett ran at him and he kicked him in the stomach, before smashing the chair over the back of the NWA World Champion! Christian had already run for the hills as Sting hit Steiner with the chair and pointed down to Christian Cage to get back in the ring! Christian kept walking backstage as Sting stood tall and the final iMPACT before No Surrender came to a close!

Winner: No Contest due to Jeff Jarrett interference

iMPACT! Results

TNA iMPACT Main Event

Ron Killings vs. Christian Cage went to a no contest

X-Division Championship

Senshi © def. Elix Skipper

AJ Styles def. Homicide and Chase Stevens in a three-way

IPB Image

September 24th, 2006

On Sunday, September 24th, 2006, TNA Wrestling will present to you No Surrender, live from the iMPACT Zone in Orlando, Florida!

IPB Image

The main event of No Surrender will be Ron Killings taking on Jeff Jarrett for the coveted NWA World Heavyweight Championship. A few weeks ago, "Slick" Johnson told Jeff Jarrett that he would be facing Killings at this Pay-Per-View by order of the face of TNA management, Jim Cornette. Killings was able to pick up a huge victory over Scott Steiner on the September 14th edition of iMPACT, but the champion and his bodyguard got the momentum heading into No Surrender by attacking Killings with a chair to end last week's show. Will Jeff Jarrett retain the belt, or will Killings overcome the odds and become the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion?

IPB Image

This is the fallout of a friendship gone sour. It all started on the first iMPACT of the new year on January 1st. Christian Cage announced that he and Sting would take on Monty Brown and Jeff Jarrett at Final Resolution. They would win that match, and at the next Pay-Per-View, Against All Odds, Christian Cage would capture the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from Jeff Jarrett. Fast forward to Slammiversary. King of the Mountain match. Sting attempted to help Christian retain, but they ended up miscommunicating and Jeff Jarrett ended up winning the title. At Hard Justice, it was Sting going up against Jeff Jarrett for the title, but Christian bashed Sting over the head with the champion's guitar! Christian then explained that he was not on Jarrett's side and wanted a shot at his title! Jim Cornette then announced that it would be Sting vs. Christian Cage and the winner would face the champion at Bound For Glory!

IPB Image

Back at Hard Justice, Samoa Joe stepped in the ring with both "The War Machine" Rhino and "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown. The undefeated "Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe was able to walk away with the victory after putting Monty Brown through a table. The next week on iMPACT, Monty Brown once again fell to Samoa Joe. The week after that, Samoa Joe offered a respecftul challenge to Rhino, since he did not pin him. Rhino accepted, and as Rhino was being unfairly beaten by Homicide of LAX, Joe came down to the ring and helped him rid of the menaces that are Konnan and Hernandez. Joe said that he did respect Rhino, but he wouldn't take it easy on him at the PPV. Will Samoa Joe keep his undefeated streak intact, or will "The War Machine" Rhino be the one to finally end it?

IPB Image

This is a hardcore matchup everyone in the wrestling world has been looking forward to for a long time. Raven had been scouting Abyss starting the night before Hard Justice. The 6'8 monster's manager, James Mitchell, noticed this and called him out on an episode of iMPACT! Raven accepted the challenge, and then the next week, Raven interfered in the match Abyss had against Samoa Joe! The following show, James Mitchell announced that the encounter at No Surrender would be in a 10,000 Thumbtack match! Will Raven be able to withstand the pain of stepping in the ring with the monster, or will Abyss beat him to a pulp?

IPB Image

This rivalry has been brewing for a little over a month now. Last month at Hard Justice, it was the Latin American eXchange taking on then champions, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, for the NWA World Tag Team Championships. Styles and Daniels got out of there victorious, but the champions accepted a challenge issued to them by the bitter Konnan and LAX. On that same night, Chase Stevens won a fourway #1 contender's match for the Naturals to participate in the title match. The following week, LAX defeated Styles and Daniels for the championships, but they used their rematch clause for No Surrender! Two weeks ago on iMPACT, the former champions evened the odds by adding a manager, X-Division pioneer Jerry Lynn, to combat Konnan and Shane Douglas! Who will come out on top this Sunday?

IPB Image

Kevin Nash has been parading against the X-Division for the last three months or so. His main phrase has been "Size Does Matter." But the team of Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, and Jay Lethal took him on, along with his friends, Alex Shelley and Johnny Devine, collectively known as the Paparazzi. Nash defeated Sabin at Slammiversary, but Sabin defeated Nash's partner Alex Shelley (a sub for Nash) in an X-Division #1 contender's match. Sabin would go on to lose his title shot against Senshi thanks to Nash, and that set up this rematch. No one is allowed at ringside for either man, and this time, will Sabin be able to defeat the much bigger Kevin Nash, or will Nash prove that size does matter?

IPB Image

Like Christian Cage and Sting, this is a friendship gone wrong. After years of teaming together as America's Most Wanted, having won the NWA World Tag Team Championships six times together, they both snapped on each other after a recent losing streak. The straw that broke the camel's back was an AMW loss to the team of Shark Boy and Norman Smiley. After that match, each man blamed the defeat on the other and they came to blows before being pulled apart. The following week, Chris Harris came out along with Gail Kim to apologize to James Storm. They shook hands, but Gail landed a low blow onto Storm and Harris began to beat him down. On the next episode of iMPACT, James Storm attacked Harris from behind as he was explaining his actions. The following week, Harris said that if Storm attacked him from behind again he would press charges, but Storm told him that he couldn't sue if there was a contract signed, and that's exactly what happened! This Sunday, it will be James Storm vs. Chris Harris in their first match against each other in history!

IPB Image

Senshi has held the X-Division championship since the week following Slammiversary, and thus far, no one has been able to dethrone the martial artist. He has been running rampant through the X-Division roster, but at No Surrender, he has to defeat not one, but two people to retain his championship, Petey Williams and Shark Boy. If one of them pins the other, Senshi will lose the championship, and this puts the champion at a big disadvantage. Will Senshi be able to retain over two of the X-Division's finest?

Buy No Surrender on Pay-Per-View to witness TNA history in the making!

• 11 months later...