Colossal Wrestling

Obinna

"So, what did you think of that Ryzing kid?" Vince Russo asked me between mouthfuls of a hamburger. Russo was the most disgusting eater I had ever seen. I glanced up, pretending to look at the halfway decent-looking McDonald's clerk.

"He had a good debut," I admitted easily. "Looked very impressive smacking Earl around."

"Jimmy wasn't happy to do the job to that kid," Russo informed me.

"I know, but that's beside the point," I said. "I'm not paying Earl to be a superstar. I'm paying him to appear when I need him and put over guys I actually want on television." It was a harsh truth of the business, but some people succeeded and some people didn't. That was just how it worked. Not everyone could be Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan.

"Well, anyway, he certainly wasn't drawing."

"No shit, Vince. I know Ryzing doesn't draw. Nobody knows who he is."

"So what's your plan, Sam? I can see you want to put this kid over." I nodded and rested my chin on my fist.

"Well, I'm just gonna have to keep steamrolling guys, I guess."

"Sam, you can't get a guy over by having him kick curtain jerkers in the face every week." I didn't remind Vince that this was exactly how both Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior ended up getting over and over bigtime.

"Okay, then, we'll just associate him with winners," I said. "He'll be like the reverse jobber. We'll put him on air when we need to book a tag match and he'll always be on the winning side."

"So you'll make him a monster," Vince said, nodding. He took a slurp of his drink. "Sounds good, except you haven't told me what you're going to do with him. You can't just build a guy up and then let him rot."

"Nah, I can't, you're right," I conceded. "But I have a plan, another stable, I think."

"With him?" Vince grinned. "And who else?"

"I was thinking the Thrillseekers, maybe."

"So you're gonna make the Thrillseekers a three-man group?" Vince asked. I shook my head.

"The Thrillseekers will still just be Jericho and Storm, however long that holds up. Both Jericho and Storm can be breakout singles stars, and Ryzing, too. But the group will have a different name."

"You have a manager pegged for 'em?"

"I think they can handle themselves on the mic," I said confidently. Vince opened his food-filled mouth, but I raised a hand. "Once the audience hears them talk, they'll go nuts over these kids."

Vince nodded slowly, considering. "Alright, okay. Well, do you have a name?"

"No," I had to confess.

Vince hummed to himself. "Well, they're all Gen Xers, right? How about D-Gene—"

"Nah," I cut in. "Too simple. I'll think of something, though."

"Sure, Sam." Vince smirked. "How's Watts been treating ya?"

"Every week it's shit about Dunlay," I complained. "He doesn't believe that I'm working my ass off to get the kid over."

"He wasn't even on last week's Hustle!, Sam."

"Who's side are you on, dammit?" I exclaimed. At least a few heads had to have turned.

Vince gave me a vaguely hurt look. "Sam, the name on my checks is 'Bill Watts,' not 'Sam Garrick.' I gotta take his side."

"We all get the same checks, Vince."

Vince stood up, gathering his trash. "Well, then, Sam, maybe you oughta take Watts's side more often."

He left me sitting there, frowning at nothing.

I stood at the phone, my face in my hand.

"Come on," I said pleadingly. The voice on the other side wasn't giving me any good news. "Come on, I—!" I grunted. This wasn't going good at all.

"Fine," I groaned. "Fine, fine, alright, stop talking!" I slammed the phone back down on the hook and slammed my palm against the wall.

"Easy, man," a voice said from behind. I turned to find Rick Rude standing there, looking concerned. "What… your girl leave you or something?" I sensed some amusement under that mustache of his.

"MTV," I said fiercely. "They're not gonna take us up on a show."

"Shit, Sam," Rick said with a chuckle, "Of course not! They're Music Television, not Wrestling Television!"

"We could be the biggest goddamn draw in the country, Rick," I snapped. "You know that!"

"Hell, I already am the biggest draw in the country!" Rick said with a laugh.

"But they can't even see that."

"Well, you know what I say when stuff like that happens?" I arched an eyebrow. Rick just smiled. "Fuck 'em." I snorted and shook my head. Rick patted me on the shoulder. "Fuck 'em, Sam. Just fuck 'em."

"Sure, Rick."

"You want a drink, man?"

"Rick, it's three in the afternoon."

"Sure it is. It's also Saturday and you don't strike me as a church man, Sam."

"Hah." I brushed his hand away. "I'll meet you up later, Rick." I started to walk away.

"Me and Scott and Curt will be at the place with all the good-lookin' ladies!" Rick called after me. "You can come, but I can't guarantee you'll get one! Just be you, your pecker, and a bottle of Jack in the corner! I tell you, Sam, if you don't come on you're gonna be sorry!"

I was laughing all the way down the hall.

OOC: I'm going to stop doing show previews, excepting the PPVs. My updating schedule is going to make it very impractical to do the previews, wait, and then do the show. If I find myself with more time in the future, they might return.

EWB_CW_Hustle.gif

The Hustle! entrance video ends and the cameras open up the show the arena full of screaming fans. At the announce desk, Sam Garrick and Reggie Baxter introduce the show. They mention that Tiger Mask, the Great Muta, the Thrillseekers, and the Roughnecks will all be in action tonight after not being seen at the last Hustle!. They then talk about the next match, pitting the Roughnecks, Dunlay Watts and Mike Sharpe, against the Deatons, Joel and Fred.

THE ROUGHNECKS versus THE DEATONS

Sharpe and Fred Deaton start in the ring, brawling about it a bit. Deaton is on the ropes and Sharpe gives him a few chops before executing a big powerslam and getting a near-fall. Dunlay Watts is tagged in and they do some double-team offense before Watts takes over wholesale, beating the crap out of Fred Deaton. Fred manages to tag his brother in, but Watts takes him down with a sharp elbow. He tags Sharpe back in and Mike hits Joel with a big backbreaker. He tags back out to Dunlay.

Garrick

They're pulling Joel back up to his feet… DOUBLE SUPLEX!

Baxter

Very good teamwork between Sharpe and Watts tonight.

Garrick

Absolutely, Reg. They're tearing the Deatons apart!

Baxter

What's Watts shouting at Sharpe?

Garrick

He's got Joel up and SPINNING PILEDRIVER! He's just driven Joel Deaton's head straight into the canvas!

Baxter

The pin! Mike Sharpe clotheslines Fred out of his boots here and the Roughnecks get the victory!

Garrick

Not a lot of time to celebrate, though, because the Thrillseekers are hitting the ring!

Baxter

Jericho with a chair straight to the skull of Mike Sharpe! Sharpe is down on the mat!

Garrick

Watts is getting up and SUPERKICK from Lance Storm!

Baxter

What an assault! I can't believe this!

Garrick

The Thrillseekers are out for blood tonight, Reg! They're standing tall in the ring, but this is just not right! Not one bit!

After they clear the ring, two men stride out from behind the curtain and make their way to the ring.

Baxter: It's Marty Jannetty and JJ Dillon! What do they want?

Garrick: I can't imagine that Jannetty is too happy about losing that belt to Starship Coyote, so maybe they're out to address that?

Baxter: Coyote's already said he won't defend the belt! What's there left to say?

Garrick: Well, Dillon's got the mic now, let's listen in.

Dillon: Now, I want everybody in the audience to take a trip down memory lane with me. Back to El Dorado. At that time, there was a match booked between Marty Jannetty and Mr. Perfect. If Perf' won, I'd have to be his slave until this December. But if Jannetty won, I'd get administrative powers in this here company.

Baxter: Ah, I do remember that.

Dillon: Well, folks, if you remember correctly… Marty NAILED that sucker Perfect with the Rocker Dropper in the middle of this here ring and he pinned him to win that match!

The crowd gives a big pop and Marty plays to them a bit.

Dillon: So far, I haven't had cause to use my new powers yet, but you know something… I watched that match at Jet Generation and dammit, Starship, you beat Jannetty. You might have had to do it in a streetfight, but you did it. But then, I sit in the back at Hustle! last week… and I see you telling Greg Gagne you won't defend the Television title!? I see you telling the world that you're not going to give the title that Marty Jannetty damn near made!? You would dare ruin all that work that was put into making that Television title something!?

Dillon shakes his fist.

Dillon: Well you'd better listen to me, Starship. If my name is JJ Dillon, I will let no such thing happen! I am prevented by the higher-ups from giving Jannetty here an immediate rematch, but what I will do is make sure you defend that belt at every opportunity! You will work and toil and slave for that piece of gold, Starship. You will not rest on your laurels, you will EARN it like everybody else did!

The crowd gives a big pop for that.

Garrick: Dillon's not done yet!

Dillon: Your opponent for next week is going to be… MARK. YOUNGBLOOD.

Baxter: Whoa. He's just made quite the announcement here, Sam. Mark Youngblood has proven himself to be vicious in recent weeks and he's not going to let up!

Garrick: In fact, we're going to see just how vicious he can be… next!

MARK YOUNGBLOOD & TERRA RYZING versus CHRIS YOUNGBLOOD & RENO RIGGINS

Terra and Chris Youngblood start in the ring, with Terra beating Chris about. Chris gets the upper hand after a bit, but Terra knocks him down with a lariat. Chris tags out to Reno before Terra can make his own tag and Terra begins a virtual campaign of violence then, crushing Reno into the mat repeatedly with DDTs, piledrivers, and powerslams. He tags out to Mark and the two of them go to town on Reno Riggins before Terra has to get out of the ring. Finally, Reno makes it over and tags Chris Youngblood into the ring!

Baxter

This is it! The crowd wants to see this!

Garrick

These brothers step into the ring against each other once again!

Baxter

Chris charges… Mark catches him in a schoolboy!

Garrick

What the… he's got the tights! He's tugging on those tights!

Baxter

Mark Youngblood's just cheated his way to victory!

Garrick

Chris Youngblood jumps to his feet, but Mark knocks him down with a heavy elbow!

Baxter

Reno Riggins coming to the rescue! OHH!

Garrick

Terra Ryzing dumps him on the outside! Now Terra and Mark are just putting the boots to Chris Youngblood!

Baxter

This is just despicable, Sam!

Once again, the camera cuts backstage. This time, it's to show Mr. Perfect with Greg Gagne.

Gagne: Hello, CW fans! I'm Greg Gagne here with Mr. Perfect. Now, Perf'—

Perfect: Mister.

Gagne: Alright, um, I'm so—

Perfect: And don't you ever let me hear you call me "Perf'" again. I'm not your friend, Greggy. I'm not your old compadre. We weren't in the war together.

Gagne: But you weren't—

Perfect: Shut up! Listen, I didn't take time out of my day to argue with you, alright? I have one person I want to speak to and that's Tully Blanchard.

Perfect rips the mic away from Greg and shoves him off camera.

Perfect: So what, Tully, you sitting pretty? You think… you think 'cause you beat me at Jet Generation, you're hot stuff? You think 'cause you managed to get one over Rude and the Funks last week, you're all that? Let me tell you something, Tully, you don't understand a fundamental part of Colossal Wrestling: Rude's Gang runs this show.

Perfect sneers.

Perfect: See, we make this place tick, make it run. We're the blood of this company. We draw the crowds, not you. Nobody wants to pay to see some idiot named Tully Blanchard prancing around with the AWA gold. They want to see a perfect champion representing this nation as America's champion. Sooner or later, Tully, you're gonna feel the blow. You're gonna be staring up at those pretty lights above the ring and I'm gonna smash that belt right into your ugly… little… face.

Perfect shakes his head.

Perfect: Tully, you haven't got a shot in hell against me. You never have and you never will. Eventually, that title's gonna be mine and you're gonna be dust in the wind. I'm gonna end you, Tully, and you know what all those fans are gonna do after you're gone? Those fans you bust your ass being a hero for?

Mr. Perfect imitates laying down bills into his palm.

Perfect: They're gonna keep paying money, every week. 'Cause they don't want to see you, Tully. They don't want to see your face cluttering up their televisions. They want to see me.

Mr. Perfect flashes a grin.

Perfect: After all, you can't resist perfection.

Cut away.

TIGER MASK versus ANTONIO INOKI versus THE GREAT MUTA versus ROBERT FULLER

Four Corners Match!

The match begins with Tiger Mask, the Great Muta, and Fuller assaulting Antonio Inoki. Inoki has initial luck, but eventually caves under the pressure. Once Fuller goes for the pin, though, Tiger Mask breaks it up, and their short alliance comes to an end. The match basically consists of two separate matches between the bitterly feuding groups that come together to break up pins.

Baxter

Inoki's up against the ropes and Muta charges him… BACK BODY DROP!

Garrick

Muta on the outside now! He's getting to his feet, but Tiger Mask flies!

Baxter

DROPKICK TO MUTA! Both men down on the outside!

Garrick

Fuller looks for that big lariat, but Inoki ducks it! He catches him in the sleeperhold!

Baxter

I can practically smell the end of this one! Here it is, Sam, the OCTOPUS STRETCH!

Garrick

Tiger Mask slides into the ring to break this up—!

Baxter

Fuller taps! Fuller taps!

Garrick

This is over and Tiger Mask was almost there!

Baxter

Inoki throws Fuller to the mat and he's getting out of the ring here. Fuller looks like he's hurt, coming out of the ring now.

Garrick

Tiger Mask does not look happy about losing this match.

Baxter

Look behind you! The Great Muta!

Garrick

NO! Tiger Mask turned to get a faceful of that poison mist!

Baxter

Muta hits the ropes and comes back with a SHINING WIZARD! I can't believe this!

Garrick

Muta's back on the rampage, just decimating Tiger Mask in the middle of the ring!

After a bit, the ring is cleared. A funky piece of music begins to play and the crowd goes wild!

Baxter: It's Atlas and the Junkyard Dog! Our main event is set to begin!

Garrick: These guys deserve every bit of love that the fans are giving them! They've worked hard in their quest for the WCCW Tag Team belts and they've always been cut down by the cheating Funks!

Baxter: Speak of the devil! Terry and Dory are charging down the ramp!

Garrick: They're taking Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog out from behind!

Baxter: Terry hits Tony Atlas on the back of the neck with that belt!

Garrick: Tully Blanchard and Kevin von Erich are hustling down to the rescue! This is chaos!

Baxter: They send the Funks into the ring… and here come Perf' and Rick Rude!

KEVIN VON ERICH, TULLY BLANCHARD, TONY ATLAS, & THE JUNKYARD DOG versus RUDE'S GANG

The chaotic brawl continues in the ring, both teams slugging it out. Somewhere along the way, all four belts manage to get out of the ring. Finally, Tony Atlas and Mr. Perfect get left in the ring. The match never amounts to more than a brawl, however, with Atlas and Perf managing to keep each other away from their side. Atlas begins to get the upper hand, knocking Perfect around the ring.

Garrick

He gets the tag! Perfect tags out to Rick Rude!

Baxter

Rick Rude rushes into the ring… and he gets lifted up by Atlas!

Garrick

GORILLA PRESS SLAM! That's gotta be it!

Baxter

No! The Funks rush the ring! They throw Atlas out and knock the Junkyard Dog off!

Garrick

Kevin von Erich got the blind tag!

Baxter

Perfect stands in his way, but Kevin von Erich drops him with a dropkick!

Garrick

Kevin sits Rude up and locks on THE CLAW! Rick Rude is screaming in pain!

Baxter

Mr. Perfect's getting up, but Tully kicks him back down!

Garrick

Rude gives! That's it! Kevin von Erich and his team have won this match!

Baxter

Atlas, Junkyard, and the Funks are still brawling on the outside, but I think we're out of time!

Garrick

You're right, Reg! I'm Sam Garrick for Reggie Baxter saying good night and join us next week for Hustle!

POST-CARD RECAP

The Roughnecks d. the Deatons (R: 42%, Q: 58%)

Mark Youngblood & Terra Ryzing d. Chris Youngblood & Reno Riggins (R: 45%, Q: 58%)

Antonio Inoki d. Robert Fuller, Tiger Mask, and the Great Muta (R: 76%, Q: 82%)

Kevin von Erich, Tully Blanchard, Tony Atlas, & the Junkyard Dog d. Rude's Gang (R: 70%, Q: 71%)

Overall Rating: 65%

Nielsens: 3.65

Attendance: 1256 people

Tickets: $37680

"I don't believe it," I said. I sat in my chair and rubbed my face, jaw shuddering. "I don't… I don't fucking believe it."

"You better start believing it, Sam," George Scott said. He sat down next to me, pulling his chair up close. "They're not as dead as we thought."

In front of me, on the table, was the Meltzer report hailing the new WCW show, WCW Wednesday. What a bland title for a show that had earned 4.95 on its debut. A 4.95! That beat WWF Superstars, a show that WCW couldn't even touch for ages. Hell, that beat WWF's Wrestling Challenge! And Hustle! had just been topped.

"3.65 isn't bad, Sam," George said. "Not bad at all."

"But what we need to do is beat WCW," I retorted. "We're not going to do that unless we pull some huge numbers."

George nodded and moved in a bit, leaning his elbow on the table and eyeing me seriously. "Alright, Sam, try this on for size. This is sort of radical, but it's an idea I've been mulling over my head and maybe it'll give me the boost we need."

"Go ahead," I said, leaning back in my chair. I rubbed my face down and looked at my writer seriously. At this point, I just wanted ideas.

"What if we focus Hustle! on our huge talent," George said simply. I blinked. What!?

"We already do that," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"No, no, I mean… only the huge talent. It means we have to put some of the smaller fries aside for now—"

"Like Dunlay," I grunted.

George nodded. "—like Dunlay."

"Cowboy won't like it."

"I know, Sam, I know. But here's what I'm thinking. Hopefully we get picked up for another show in January and we can put our lower talent there. Sort of like a development show."

"And then we just keep pushing out shows with Rude, Kevin, Blanchard…" I was beginning to get it.

"Precisely. And if it doesn't work, Sam, we can go back to the old way in time for Mountain of Power. Right now, we're just looking at A World Apart. Let's be honest, Sam, it isn't a supershow."

"You're right, George," I conceded. "You're goddamn right. We've got a lot of stuff to take care of."

"You're rebooking Hustle!?"

"You're goddamn right. There's no reason to waste time, is there?"

George grinned. "Suppose not."

I walked down the hall, a little bounce in my step. We might taste better ratings in the near future. It wasn't like our lower-level talent was shit, either. They were good, just not over. This would be their chance.

A tall figure walked towards me and a glint of recognition shone in his eye. He held up a hand and I stopped.

"Sam, I gotta talk to you," Nick Bockwinkel said.

"What is it, Nick?"

"Well, look, I'm just saying… I know I'm being paid well and everything, but goddammit, Sam!"

"What!?" To say I was bewildered would be an understatement. "What is it?"

"Sam, I've been shit on for weeks," Nick said dangerously. "I'm tired of this. I haven't appeared on TV since the pay-per-view. I'm a draw, you know that."

"I know, Nick," I said exasperatedly. "But you're not even part of a program."

"I know I’m not," Nick said angrily. "That's the problem. I see what you're doing with this Ryzing kid and it's just like me, except he gets more airtime!"

"Well, Nick, I'll see if I can fit you on this next show," I said. "But I've had something kicking around in the ol' brain for you to do in a while. You interested in hearing about it?"

Nick's face split into a grin as wide as if he had been was a kid in a candy shop.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "Final answer, Vince."

"Do you know what I could do with kids down there?" Vince asked. "I could make them stars, Sam. Stars!"

"We aren't bringing in enough money yet, Vince," I said sternly. "We're not taking over—or starting!—any development territories. We need to focus our money ahead on getting our ratings up. And then comes the money—"

"—and then the territory?" Vince Russo said hopefully.

"Yeah," I said, nodding. "So what you need to do is start writing me some eye-catching stuff, Vince. If they're interested, they'll come out to see us in big numbers."

"Sure thing, boss," Vince said. He drywashed his hands eagerly. Hopefully he had something real good stewing in that brain of his.

Edited by Obinna

EWB_CW_Hustle.gif

The Hustle! entrance video ends and the camera pans around the arena full of screaming fans. Finally, it goes over to the announce desk where Sam Garrick and Reg Baxter introduce the show. They talk about the main event handicap match pitting Kevin von Erich against Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect, talking about the unfairness of the match. They note that the Funk Brothers are going to start out in a non-title match against Antonio Inoki and Nick Bockwinkel, making sure to state that if Inoki and Bockwinkel can defeat them here, it would put them in strong running for the belts.

A twangy country guitar blares over the PA and the crowd instantly boos.

Garrick: Those damn Funks are headed down to the ring.

Baxter: They're way too cocky, Sam, I agree. But still, they're the WCCW Tag Team champions and they deserve at least a little respect.

Garrick: Not from me, Reg. Stealing a belt doesn't mean squat.

Baxter: Well, they've got mics now, so I guess they want to say something.

Terry: Look at all of you. You're booing! For what? What the hell do you want to see? Do you want me to come out here and do a jig for you? Tell some jokes?

Dory: We're the WCCW Tag Team champions! We earned these here belts. What more could you want in a team?

Terry: We've held for all our careers that if any man, woman, or child in the back thinks they can beat us, all they've gottta do is step up to the challenge. But… you know, Dory, I just don't think I want to do this anymore.

Dory: Why's that, Terry? Don’t tell me you're losing faith.

Terry: It ain't that. It's just… look, I'm tired of having to beat the hell out of people who aren't ready for this! They're in over their heads? Come on… Inoki and Bockwinkel? Are they tag team championship material? We'll beat them two seconds flat!

Dory and Terry laugh as the crowd boos them heavily.

Dory: It's a good thing this is non-title, Terry, 'cause I wouldn't want to get these belts dirty for schmucks like them.

Terry: That's God's honest truth, Dory. And don't even get me started on—

Funky guitar.

Terry: them.

Garrick: Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog are coming down to this ring! They've got chairs!

Baxter: The Funks don't get out in time!

Garrick: They're taking repeated chairshots here and… geez, Reg!

Baxter: No less than the Funks deserve, though. Those steel chairs to the head are just punishment for everything the Funks have done so far.

Garrick: Well, they're laid out here and now Atlas and the Dog are clearing the ring. But these guys can't wrestle tonight. It won't happen.

Baxter: Well, that's Inoki's music… so this match is still happening.

Garrick: And who's facing off against them!?

Baxter: I don't know, Sam. I don't know.

ANTONIO INOKI & NICK BOCKWINKEL versus ??? & ???

Bockwinkel joins Inoki in the ring and they stand, waiting for something to happen. Suddenly, Robert Fuller's music hits and he comes out, followed by the newcomer Terra Ryzing. Bockwinkel stays in the ring against Ryzing and they have a solid brawl before Inoki is tagged in. Inoki takes it to Ryzing bigtime, knocking him around the ring. Ryzing tags out to Fuller for a bit, but Inoki begins overpowering Fuller as well and he tags back out. Ryzing gets in some offense, but Inoki works him over hard.

Garrick

Big reverse suplex from Inoki and now he's up with the rear chinlock!

Baxter:

Inoki just has a very smooth style that I can appreciate. Solid in-ring working.

Garrick

Ryzing's getting up and Inoki pulls him up, but here's a GUTWRENCH SUPLEX!

Baxter

You don't see that too much anymore, Sam.

Garrick

True enough, Reg. Ryzing's getting to his feet… and now Inoki's into the ropes!

Baxter

NO! Fuller knees him in the back!

Garrick

What a scoundrel, but EARTH CRISIS! Ryzing took advantage!

Baxter

He's got the leg and Fuller takes Bockwinkel down! That's the three!

Garrick

This win has just been stolen, Reg! I don’t believe this!

Baxter

You better start, Sam! Inoki is furious!

Garrick

And rightly so!

Kevin von Erich walks out of his locker room and starts heading down the hall to a big pop from the fans.

Garrick: The man who should be our CW World Heavyweight champion, Kevin von Erich, seems to have something on his mind tonight!

Baxter: Intensity is his middle name!

Garrick: What about von?

Baxter: That's… part of his last name, Sam.

KVE runs into Rick Rude and they have a short stand-off. Rude is surprisingly titleless.

Rude: Heh. Funny running into you here, isn't it?

KVE: I wasn't really thinking that. Get out of my way, Rick.

Rude: Come on, Kevin, don't be like that! I know you can never be me, but there's no reason to get mad about it!

Garrick: That smug… agh!

Kevin shakes his head and tries to move past, but Rick gets in his way.

Rude: Ah! Ah! Ah! I've gotta ask you something, Kevin. Do you really think it wise… to travel alone?

At that moment, a chair slams into KVE's head and Kevin drops to a knee.

Baxter: It's Mr. Perfect! This is disgusting!

Garrick: ANOTHER chair shot! This is too much!

Baxter: They're not done! Rude pulls him up and RUDE AWAKENING! He hit him with his finishing move!

Garrick: Kevin von Erich is lying there like a dying man and Rick Rude is just laughing!

Rude: Better to travel in pairs, Kevin! GWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Pairs, Perf! Get it!

Mr. Perfect smiles and throws the chair down, walking off after Rick Rude.

Garrick: What a heinous attack, folks. Now we have to get to our Television title match, Starship Coyote making his first defense against Mark Youngblood!

STARSHIP COYOTE versus MARK YOUNGBLOOD

CWF Television Championship!

Starship and Mark Y. lock up, but Starship takes over the match. He throws Mark around the ring, scoop slamming him and powerslamming him relentlessly. He shoots Mark into the corner and Mark manages to use a raised boot to get Starship off his back before launching into some offense of his own. After getting a near fall, though, Starship Coyote takes over once again.

Baxter

Starship throws Youngblood into the ropes and here's a swinging side slam! My word!

Garrick

Starship Coyote is dominating this match, folks, don't let anyone try and convince you differently!

Baxter

It'd be a hard sell, Sam. Starship is picking Mark up and… what is that!?

Garrick

The lights have dimmed and something's playing on the big screen! It's a picture of Jannetty in Starship's lockerroom, going through his stuff!

Baxter

Everyone's looking at it… and holy crap!

Garrick

It's a recording! Marty Jannetty slides into the ring!

Baxter

ROCKER DROPPER! Holy moly!

Garrick

Mark Youngblood makes the pin! One! Two! Three!

Baxter

New Television champion! New Television champion!

Garrick

Starship Coyote is laid out on the mat at the hands of Marty Jannetty!

Tiger Mask is shown walking backstage with a towel over his shoulders. Suddenly, everything goes black.

Garrick: What's going on?

Baxter: Tiger Mask is trapped in darkness here, Sam. I don't know what to think.

Garrick: Someone's lighted a match it looks like.

The outline of Tiger Mask's head can be seen as he turns around.

Garrick: Someone it out!

A spitting sound! Tiger Mask screams!

Baxter: Listen to that almight crack, Sam!

Garrick: The lights are back on—

Baxter: JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST! That kendo stick was broken over his head!

Garrick: And his face is covered in green mist! The Great Muta has just lain out his adversary tonight!

Baxter: This is crazy, Sam.

Garrick: We've got to go back to the ring.

Bruce Pritchard stands in the ring flanked by two others who are dressed in black trenchcoats with black fedoras and black scarves covering most of their features. They have one tag belt each in their arms, held out before them like a prize.

Pritchard: Alright, alright. Look, I have one thing to say tonight and it's to two people. You guys have been cheated—by me and others—and you don't deserve this behavior. Your quest has been for these titles here, hasn't it? So come on out here Tony Atlas! Junkyard Dog! Come on down!

Baxter: What the hell does Pritch have in mind?

Garrick: I don't know what's going on, but Atlas and the Dog are coming down and they're looking wary. I can't say I blame them.

Baxter: Well, they're in the ring now, just like Pritchard asked.

Pritchard: I feel kind of bad that I did what I did to you guys. Notice I haven't even been on TV for a long while! I managed to get the belts away from the Funks and I was just wondering… you know, if you'd take it. Token of friendship.

Atlas: Hold up, Pritch, hold up. You're saying you want us to take those belts there… and not believe this is some kind of trap? You're a fool, Pritchard!

Pritchard: I—

Atlas: Save it! Listen, I know this is a freakin' trap. So if you want us to take those belts, have your goons take off their scarves!

The two men in black look to each other worriedly. Pritchard looks anxious, too.

Atlas: You heard me! How do you want me to believe those aren't the Funks? I ain't stupid, Pritch.

Pritchard sighs. The two hesitate.

Atlas: Get to it!

Pritch gives the signal and they begin to take off the scarves slowly.

Baxter: From behind!

Garrick: The Funks were hiding under the ring the whole time and they're just beating the hell out of Atlas and the Junkyard Dog!

Baxter: Look at Pritchard laughing! This is ridiculous!

Garrick: It's the Mulkeys behind those scarves! They're looking as confused as anyone here tonight, Reg.

Baxter: What a cunning plot from Bruce Pritchard!

KEVIN VON ERICH versus RICK RUDE & MR. PERFECT

KVE holds his own initially against Mr. Perfect, both of them having a solid contest. Kevin throws Perfect across the ring and catches him with a lariat, going for a pin that's broken up by Rude. Rude and Perfect do some preliminary double-team work before Rude goes back out, only to be quickly tagged in again by Perfect. Kevin begins to bounce back to the delight of the crowd, taking it to Rude until Rick has to tag back out. Once again, Kevin and Perfect have an even bout. Kevin takes Perfect down with a piledriver and pins, but only gets the nearfall!

Baxter

This isn't good for Perf' and Rude here, Sam.

Garrick

No, Kevin's got this neatly in hand. He could come out the winner!

Baxter

Oh no, Sam… look at Rick! He's slipped on those knucks!

Garrick

This could be bad if Perfect can get the tag. Perfect trips Kevin up and he's going for it—

Baxter

Tully Blanchard's coming down to the ring! Perfect gets distracted and Kevin locks in THE CLAW!

Garrick

Tully grabs Rude's leg before he can get in there to stop it and drags him to the outside! He smashes his head straight into the guardrail!

Baxter

Perfect gives! He gives it up!

Garrick

Blanchard isn't done, though! He's in the ring now and he picks Perfect up onto his shoulders. What's he thinking of?

Baxter

He just hurled him onto the outside of the ring!

Garrick

Blanchard's got a mic in hand now.

Blanchard

You listen here, Perfect! Your days are numbered! I've been gunning for you and I intend to end this sooner rather than later. Perf', if you even think of bringing your sorry ass out to the ring, I'm heading down here to crush your face in. You agree to a match against me and we'll settle this. Before then? If you even step foot out here I'm gonna be your worst nightmare. You can count on that.

Baxter

Blanchard and Kevin are shaking hands here as Rick and Perf' just lay on the outside, regrouping. I can't imagine they're eager to mix fists again after that!

Garrick

We're out of time folks! For Reggie Baxter, I'm Sam Garrick saying stay safe, have a great evening and join us next week for Hustle!

POST-CARD RECAP

Robert Fuller & Terra Ryzing d. Antonio Inoki & Nick Bockwinkel (R: 61%, Q: 71%)

Mark Youngblood d. Starship Coyote (R: 57%, Q: 76%)

Kevin von Erich d. Rick Rude & Mr. Perfect (R: 81%, Q: 75%)

Overall Rating: 73%

Nielsens: 3.66

Attendance: 1255 people

Tickets: $37650

"He did what!?" I howled. I leaned forward, planting my elbows on the desk. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"He broke his leg, Sam," Melissa Long said. "I'm sorry, I can't unbreak it."

"What broke it?" I rubbed my face down. Dammit, we needed him. He was a real worker, he could draw. I'd been considering him for a title push soon!

"It looks like a low dropkick that Mark hit him with just… struck him wrong," Long said with a sigh. "But he might have taken that Rocker Dropper wrong, too. If he landed on his knees a bit that might have done it."

"How long's Hall going to be out for?" I asked.

"I'd estimate about… seven months, give or take." I sighed.

"So what are we gonna do with Jannetty?" I mused.

"I don't know," Melissa said hopelessly with a shrug of her shoulders. "I'm not a booker."

Cowboy Bill Watts looked at me over folded hands. I could see he wasn't happy. I hadn't broken the news about Starship Coyote to him yet, but he obviously had something on his mind.

"Garrick, I don't know what you're doing," Bill said. "You saw Hustle!?"

"Yeah," I said blandly. I hated how he had to ask me every week.

"You know what I didn't see, Garrick? I didn't see Dunlay on Hustle!. Now, would you care to tell me why that is?"

"Look, Cowboy," I said exasperatedly. "We need to pull up our ratings. Dunlay doesn't draw. Not yet, anyway." I added quickly, seeing the anger on Watts's face. "We have to put some of our plans on hold right now."

"Garrick, I'm not playing games. We're gonna make this company a success, but we're gonna do it with Dunlay as a major player in that. You understand me?"

"Cowboy, I know, but listen. We're sending out tapes frantically trying to get a second show. If we get that show, we can use it to build up guys like Dunlay, get them over, and then we can put them on Hustle!."

"And how exactly do you plan to keep the ratings up on that one?"

"We don't have to get our ratings as high for that show," I said, "But we'll have some work from our top guys on it to bring in the ratings, keep people watching. Once in a while we'll put a big match on it."

Watts nodded. "Have you got a name yet?"

I shook my head. "No, we haven't got a deal yet. In fact, the WCW Wednesday deal was ours."

"So they're the bastards that got MTV."

"Yeah, Cowboy." I stroked my chin, noticing I was growing a little fuzz. "They're the ones. Still, their ratings didn't go up last week, so hopefully the show will tank big time. And Superstars fell."

"So it was an off week," Watts snorted. "What does that mean?"

"It means we might catch 'em, Cowboy. We have a chance."

"Sure," the Cowboy said. "You just make sure you put Dunlay over proper, okay?"

"Sure, Cowboy. Whatever you say."

Marty Jannetty shook his head, cradling his cup of coffee in both hands.

"I was on a roll, Sam," he said dejectedly. "A goddamn roll."

"I know, Marty, but I can't do anything about it," I said, patting him on the shoulder. "If you can heal Scott magically, I'm begging you to do it. But if you can't…"

"So what now?" Marty said, looking up at me. "You just gonna throw me away now that my program with him is done?"

"No way, Marty," I said reassuringly. "Did you see the numbers? You're pulling in 3% of our merchandise by yourself. You're over and we're not gonna waste that."

"So what's the plan, Sam?"

I smiled and leaned in, whispering into his ear. A smile came over Marty's face and he nodded emphatically.

EWB_CW_Hustle.gif

After the Hustle! entrance video fades, the cameras sweep over the crowd before heading to the announce desk. Sam Garrick and Reggie Baxter introduce the show, saying that they're glad everyone's tuned in. They make mention of the AWA #1 contendership match taking place between Mr. Perfect and Nick Bockwinkel that will determine who goes on to face Tully Blanchard at A World Apart. They then introduce the first match-up, a Television title bout between new champion Mark Youngblood and long-time Television title aspirant Robert Fuller.

MARK YOUNGBLOOD versus ROBERT FULLER

Youngblood and Fuller face off, executing some sold brawling against each other. Fuller takes over with a series of punches followed by a neckbreaker and a nearfall. Fuller continues his domination with some suplexes before throwing Youngblood into the corner. He follows him in, but Youngblood escapes, leaving Fuller hit to hit the buckles. Mark follows him in then, climbing up and executing a ten punch before jumping back with a sit-out facebuster that only earns a near-fall!

Garrick

Mark Youngblood is working Fuller over here, bringing him to his feet and nailing him with right hands!

Baxter

Fuller's fighting back, though; he's not about to lay down! He wants that title!

Garrick

Fuller into the ropes and Mark catches him on the comeback with a lariat! He covers! One! Two!

Baxter

Kickout from Rob!

Garrick

Mark pulls Fuller up, but Robert Fuller trips him! He tries to get up and Fuller hits a big GUTBUSTER!

Baxter

He gets Youngblood to his feet again and—HEY!

Garrick

Someone's jumped out of the crowd here and they're up on the apron!

Baxter

Fuller about to whip Mark into the ropes… REVERSED!

Garrick

That mystery man just clocked Robert Fuller in the face with a right hand!

Baxter

Fuller walks into a reverse DDT! Youngblood covers… and there's the three-count!

Garrick

That mystery man looks shocked!

Baxter

It's Chris Youngblood! He's just accidentally helped his brother retain his belt!

Garrick

Robert Fuller is incensed! He's stalking to the back, yelling at the fans maniacally here.

The cameras follow Fuller backstage as he throws things around, yelling at the top of his lungs.

Fuller

Dammit! Dammit! It was all worked out, I was gonna have that belt in my grasp! And then that… that idiot kid!

Fuller kicks over a table and whirls around straight into a chest!

Garrick

It's Antonio Inoki!

Baxter

Inoki lays a fist into Fuller! He's just firing off rights, knocking the sense out of Fuller!

Garrick

He sends Fuller face first into the wall and then kicks him HARD in the temple! Robert Fuller's down like a sack of bricks!

Inoki

Have some honor.

Inoki stalks off, leaving Fuller down.

Garrick

Inoki just teaching Fuller a lesson in humility!

Baxter

Indeed, Sam. But right now we've got to go to commercials!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

At ringside, Kevin von Erich's music hits and the crowd goes wild.

Garrick

Kevin von Erich is making his way down to the ring now and he's obviously got something to say.

Baxter

Maybe about that handicap match? Kevin deserves to gloat a little, don't you think?

Garrick

After everything he's endured, sure.

KVE

Now, you all know about… Rick Rude.

The crowd boos.

KVE

You know he's cheated me at every turn or at least tried to. Every week, he's hounded me, tried to bring me down, and I'm sick… and… tired of it. So I thought to myself… how can I end this? How can I bring a definite end to all this violence between us? In a soundbite, what… is the ultimate… grudge match?

Garrick

I think I know what he's getting at, Reg.

KVE

I got to thinking and I said to myself "I don't need Rude's Gang interfering on this one." I thought to myself "I can win without anyone aiding me." I thought to myself… "Well, dammit, Kev, there oughta be some sort of… barrier."

Baxter

Kevin von Erich can't be serious!

Garrick

I think he is!

KVE

Ricky! I'm challenging you, right here in front of everybody, to a steel cage match at A World Apart for that World Heavyweight title you have around your waist!

The screen flickers on to show Rick Rude standing in his locker room, the belt slung over his shoulder.

Rude

So, Kevin, you want this belt? After I beat you at Festival of Masks, after I beat you at Jet Generation, you want another shot?

KVE

You cheated me both times, Rick! This is the only way!

Rude

You're right, Kev. This is the only way. This is the only way I can ensure that I'll mess your face up enough that your friends won't recognize you, your family won't love you, and your fans will stop cheering you every night! This is the only way I can prove, once and for all, that I'm the only World Heavyweight champion that this company needs.

KVE

So what's your answer? Are you gonna dodge this one?

Rude pauses. The crowd starts a "K-V-E!" chant.

Rude

Kevin… you're on.

The crowd explodes!

Garrick

What a match! Kevin von Erich takes on Rick Rude at A World Apart for the CW World Heavyweight title!

Baxter

Look at the smile on Kevin's face! This is too much!

TIGER MASK versus MARTY JANNETTY

Tiger Mask and Jannetty put on a high-paced match-up with neither man being able to hold the other for long at the beginning. Jannetty executes a tough snap suplex and gets a near-fall. After that, Janetty puts the heat on with some running chops and then a flying kick to the head, taking Tiger Mask to the mat. As Jannetty goes back over, Tiger Mask kips up and spins, kicking Jannetty in the head! The crowd roars as Tiger Mask leaps up and grabs Jannetty, flipping him over with a monkey flip.

Baxter

Jannetty to his feet, but here's an arm drag from Tiger Mask.

Garrick

Jannetty with a headscissors takedown here and Tiger Mask slides out onto the apron.

Baxter

A good move from Marty Jannetty, but he's gotta buck up here. He's taking too much time playing to the fans…

Garrick

SLINGSHOT LEG LARIAT! Tiger Mask took Jannetty down in a big way!

Baxter

Tiger Mask pulls Jannetty up and here it comes!

Garrick

TIGER SUPLEX! He bridges it!

Baxter

Where the hell is security! That's the Great Muta!

Garrick

He breaks it up and the ref is calling for the bell! Tiger Muta takes this by DQ!

Baxter

Muta's not done: he pulls Tiger Mask up and drills him with a DDT!

Garrick

FINALLY! Security runs the Great Muta off!

Baxter

We're gonna take a quick commercial break, folks, stay tuned!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the show returns, Terry Funk is standing in the middle of the ring, rubbing his neck. He's got a mic in hand.

Terry Funk

Last week… last week, me and my brother Dory were attacked by Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog. And they're dumb, but dammit are they strong. Tony, you put a damn crick in my neck and that makes me mad as hell. See, my life is wrestling. That's all I know how to do. This crick… this could put me out! End my career! And I'm not about to have it ended without speaking with the man that put me out face-to-face. So Tony Atlas, bring your ass out here! ALONE.

Tony Atlas's music hits and Atlas comes down the ring, looking around warily.

Garrick

This is a mistake! This is… there's Dory!

Baxter

Blindsided with a chair to the back of the skull! Now he's shoving Atlas into the ring and Terry's putting the boots to him!

Garrick

The Tag Team champions are just demolishing Tony Atlas, but here's the cavalry!

The crowd cheers as the Junkyard Dog charges down to the ring!

Baxter

He's up on the apron, but Terry smashes him in the face with that chair and sends him flying off!

Garrick

This is pure destruction, Reg! Terry's on the outside beating that steelc hair into the Junkyard Dog's skull!

Baxter

Dory has Tony in the Texas cloverleaf!

Garrick

Security's making it to the ring finally, pulling the Funks away from Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog… but the damage's done, Reg. The damage is done.

Baxter

We're gonna have to take our final commercial break here and then we'll come back with our main event, Mr. Perfect taking on Nick Bockwinkel for the #1 contendership to the AWA America's title!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MR. PERFECT versus NICK BOCKWINKEL

AWA America's Contendership!

Mr. Perfect and Nick Bockwinkel start out with some technical wrestling with Perfect eventually getting the upper hand, pushing Nick about and slapping him around. Nick Bockwinkel eventually gets tired of this, backhanding Perfect before putting him through the paces with some classic, grueling technical stuff. Perfect tries to steal it with an inside cradle, but Nick manages to get the ropes.

Garrick

Perfect on the outside here taking a breather.

Baxter

Looks like his knuckles are sore from the way he's rubbing them.

Garrick

Bock's got a hard head, Reg. Well, now Mr. Perfect is back in the ring and they lock-up…

Baxter

Perfect breaks it… holy cow!

Garrick

That punch took Bockwinkel right out!

Baxter

That scoundrel's got brass knucks! He just knocked Nick Bockwinkel unconscious!

Garrick

He craftily hides that hand as he makes the pin… he just won the #1 contendership!

Tully Blanchard's music hits and Blanchard heads down to the ring, incensed.

Baxter

Blanchard in the ring now and he spins Perfect around… and eats a right hand!

Garrick

Perfect's on top of him now, smashing his head in with those brass knuckles!

Baxter

Kevin von Erich is running down to the ring at top speed!

Garrick

Perfect doesn't get turned in time! Kevin is unloading with those right hands!

Baxter

He sends Perf' into the ropes and catches him with a flying elbow!

Garrick

Rick Rude is making his way down now, title in tow!

Baxter

Kevin is jawjacking at him, leaning over that rope…

Garrick

Perfect spins him around and brains him with those knuckles!

Baxter

Kevin von Erich is hanging on the ropes and Rude's up on the apron… he charges down and cleans Kevin's clock with that title belt!

Garrick

Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect have just demolished three men tonight, all courtesy of those brass knuckles!

Baxter

And they're proud of themselves! This is disgusting!

Garrick

Well, folks, we're out of time! Join us next week on Hustle!.

POST-CARD RECAP

Mark Youngblood d. Robert Fuller (R: 55%, Q: 74%)

Tiger Mask d. Marty Jannetty (R: 78%, Q: 95%)

Mr. Perfect d. Nick Bockwinkel (R: 70%, Q: 66%)

Overall Rating: 70%

Nielsens: 3.70

Attendance: 1259 people

Tickets: $37770

OOC: A change in the layout for the cards. Let me know if it's better or worse; I thought having it flow continuously would be a good change.

"This is the last pay-per-view of the year, folks!" Bill Watts announced to the gathered employees of Colossal Wrestling. I sat next to him, chin resting on my interlocked fingers. "We've gotta stun 'em! Mountain of Power's coming up in January and you know that's a big deal. Now, I know we're running a stripped down show, but we've got reasons. Uh… Garrick. Explain 'em."

"Sure thing, Cowboy," I said without standing. "Look, Jericho, DeFalco, Youngbloods, et cetera, I know that you're not getting a lot of airtime as of late, but we want to raise the ratings. A lot of people are sitting in the back for A World Apart and you just gotta remember that we're doing this for the company. You'll get your time, but we need to get our Nielsens higher."

"So what?" Mike Sharpe said. "So you can beat WCW or the WWF?"

"No," I half-lied. "So we can get another television show that'll allow us to showcase more of our talent. Most of you are wrestling house shows right now, but Watts'll tell ya, we want you on air. We want guys who are going to be something. You make a sacrifice now and you'll be glad for it later."

"Are you sure this show is coming in?" Lance Storm piped in.

I sighed. "No, we're not," I admitted. "We're going to do everything we can to get this thing, but all we can do is hope."

"But I don't want to see anybody slacking," Watts warned. "You continue to wrestle on the house shows like you mean it because your work is going to determine whether you even get on TV again."

I nodded in assent, leaning back as Watts continued his pep talk.

"Sam," came a familiar voice from behind as I walked away from the meeting. I turned around to see Mr. Perfect hurrying to catch up to me. Curt stopped and folded his arms over his chest.

"What is it, Curt?" I asked.

"Sam, you know my work." I nodded. "You know I've been doing damn good on these shows." I nodded again, waiting for him to get to the point. "Merchandising tells me I'm moving 64% of product. 64%, Sam!"

"Okay, okay, Curt, I get it," I said. "So what's this about? You didn't just stop me to brag, did you?"

Curt leveled his eyes at me. "I want Funk's main event spot."

I took a step forward, brandishing a finger. "Now, Curt—"

"Hear me out, dammit!" Curt snapped, a frown covering his face. "Look, you want to keep the Funks as a tag team. I know you do. What's more is that you know Blanchard and Kevin against Rude's Gang draws. The fans need people to boo, Sam, and I've been doing a damn good job of getting them against me. I think I deserve a shot at the top."

I glanced away, thinking. He was right about the way he'd been drawing the crowd in. He was a titanic heel. He was also right about me not wanting to break up the Funks just yet, even if Dory was ten times less over than his brother. But main event? "Terry's not gonna like it," I said.

"I already talked to Terry," Curt said. "He said it'd be okay." I smiled. The Funker had no ego whatsoever.

"Alright, Curt," I said. "You've got it. You better not let me down."

"Don't worry, Sam," Curt reassured me. "Mr. Perfect headlining is gonna be the best decision you ever made."

EWB_CW_AWA.jpg

The video package for Jet Generation opens. It displays several incidents from the past month, beginning with KVE being screwed out of the title by Rude's Gang. It then proceeds to show Atlas and the Junkyard Dog rushing down to the ring and attacking the Funks, the Great Muta blasting Tiger Mask in the face with the mist and hitting with the shining wizard, Fuller kneeing Inoki in the back and allowing Terra Ryzing to hit him with the Earth Crisis, Mr. Perfect beating the living hell out of Tully Blanchard, and finally Rick Rude smashing Kevin von Erich with the CW World Heavyweight title.

After the video ends, the camera pans around the screaming fans before alighting on the announce team.

Garrick

Hello, wrestling fans! I'm Sam Garrick and this is my broadcast associate Reggie Baxter, this is Colossal Wrestling's presentation of A World Apart!

Baxter

This card is stacked to the high heavens, Sam. I can't even believe this!

Garrick

That's right, Reg. We have Robert Fuller taking on Antonio Inoki, Tiger Mask against the Great Muta, and three title matches!

Baxter

But most especially, Sam, we've got the cage match between Kevin von Erich and Rick Rude for the World Heavyweight title!

Garrick

This is almost too much, Reg. Before we start any of our matches, though, we're going backstage where the WCCW Tag Team Champions Terry and Dory Funk have something to say.

The cameras cut backstage to show the Funks and their manager, Bruce Pritchard. Terry drywashes his hands, smirking at the camera.

Pritchard

Hah. So here we are, A World Apart, another chance to rip apart Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog. The thing is, we never get tired of doing this. We wake up and we say "It's another chance to show up those chumps." It's a good day, ain't it, Terry?

Terry

Sure is, Bruce. Tony Atlas, Junkyard Dog, you guys have been trying for months to get these titles and you haven't succeeded. Haven't you ever stopped to think… maybe you aren't meant for 'em? Maybe you were never supposed to hold these WCCW straps?

Dory

We're the best tag team that this company has ever seen and that's a fact. You can't just expect to waltz into our ring and get these belts off of us. You gotta work your way up… climb that ladder, you know?

Pritchard

And even after you waste your time climbing all that way, all that it'll get you is the Funks throwing you all the way back down.

Pritchard laughs.

Pritchard

So after tonight? Don't even try again. You guys aren't worth it.

Terry

I hope you've booked yourselves rooms in the hospitals, boys, because by God I'm coming to that ring with the intent to hurt you. Me and Dory love doing this, but it's getting monotonous, alright? We want new punching bags.

Dory smirks.

Dory

And you know the only time your parents ever got you something new was when you broke it. So we're gonna have to break you.

Cut away.

ANTONIO INOKI versus ROBERT FULLER

Weapons Match!

"Sixteen Tons" by Merle Travis hits and Robert Fuller comes down to the ring to a mass of boos from the fans. Fuller berates them between throwing up his fists into the air. He rolls into the ring and slaps the turnbuckles, ranting at the crowd.

"Planet Caravan" by Black Sabbath hits and Antonio comes out to a positive response in contrast to Fuller's. He looks all business, not even taking time to slap the hands of fans as he heads down to the ring. He climbs up onto the apron and glares at Fuller before climbing in and rubbing his wrists.

Inoki and Fuller square off in the middle of the ring, tension filling the air. They begin some careful technical wrestling at first, with Inoki landing a big back suplex. Eventually, Fuller grabs Inoki by the head and tosses him out of the ring to a big response from the crowd. Rob Fuller follows him out and stomps him a few times. When he pulls Inoki up, Inoki whips him hard into the guardrail! Fuller sags against the rail and Inoki charges him, but Fuller manages to get out of the way in time!

Garrick

Robert Fuller breaks up the count by sliding into the ring, but he's back on the outside now.

Baxter

He's shooed the timekeeper out of his seat and now he's got the steel chair!

Garrick

OOF! Inoki just got cracked in the head with that chair! He didn't even see it!

Baxter

Fuller's just unloading with chairshots here, not letting Inoki breathe for a second!

Garrick

He drops it and grabs Inoki… DDT on the chair! DDT on the chair!

Baxter

And look at that, Sam! Antonio Inoki has officially been busted wide open!

The crowd rains boos down on Fuller as he pulls Inoki up and rolls him back into the ring. He lifts up the apron and roots under it, grasping onto… a ladder! He pulls the ladder out and shoves it under the bottom rope. Fuller gets into the ring again and he initates a brawl with Inoki, both men slugging it out across the ring. Inoki grabs Fuller and flips him over with a huge exploder… but he only gets a two count! Once on his feet, Fuller begins to battle back, chopping Inoki hard across the chest. Inoki hits the ropes, but Fuller knocks him down with a European uppercut!

Garrick

Fuller pulls the ladder to the middle of the ring here, Reg, and this does not look good for Inoki here.

Baxter

Fuller's got him up and he's nailing right hand after right hand.

Garrick

Here's a suplex… but Inoki blocks! Fuller's up into the air and GOURDBUSTER onto the ladder!

Baxter

I won't be surprised if Fuller broke a few ribs there!

Garrick

Inoki setting the ladder up in the corner here and he pulls Fuller to his feet… whips him in!

Baxter

A big running back elbow crushes Fuller into the ladder there! Inoki's turned this around!

Inoki throws Fuller about the ring, hitting him with a big belly-to-belly suplex, but Fuller gets his foot on the ropes before the three can be made! Fuller rolls out of the ring and grabs the chair again, taking a bit of a breather before getting back into the ring. Inoki tries to battle the chair away, but Robert Fuller thrusts the chair into Inoki's stomach and beats him silly with it over the head! Fuller stops for a bit to breathe, but before he can hit Antonio again, he's hit with a heavy punch the the ribs! Fuller stumbles and Inoki gets to his feet, hitting Fuller with an explosive kick to the head!

Baxter

Fuller's out on the mat here and Inoki is tired as a dog!

Garrick

He's determined to finish this, though! He's climbing… he's climbing that ladder!

Baxter

This is dangerous, Reg; that ladder isn't secure against those ropes!

Garrick

Inoki's gonna finish this one any way he can! Fuller's got to his feet…

Baxter

Inoki turns, he jumps!

Garrick

FULLER KICKS HIM IN THE GUT! Inoki's gasping for air!

Baxter

Fuller's got that chair in hand! He hits the ropes—

Garrick

ROBERT FULLER JUST TOOK INOKI'S HEAD OFF WITH THAT RUNNING CHAIR SHOT!

Baxter

He covers him! One! Two! Three!

Garrick

Robert Fuller has defeated Antonio Inoki!

Baxter

Fuller's not done! He pulls Inoki up and rests him against the ladder…

Garrick

Listen to that sickening crack! He just smashed the chair into Inoki's face again! The crowd is booing him as he gets out of the ring and rightly so!

Baxter

Look at that blood flowing from Inoki's head, Sam! Just a disgusting position to be in!

The camera cuts to the back after the match ends, showing Rick Rude polishing his CW World Heavyweight title.

Rude

Kevin von Erich. You brought us here. You and you alone. Not me, not "the Ravishing One." Lord knows last thing I wanted to do was to grapple with some idiot who rests on the laurels of his family name to get ahead in life. But you… it always has to be about you, doesn't it? You had to get mixed up with my Gang. You had to kick and whine that you weren't the champion. You had to get this cage match booked. You, you, you.

Rude glares up at the camera and shows the belt to it.

Rude

You want this belt, Kevin? You're gonna have to take it. I agreed to this match because I know you can't do that. You don't have it in you. And tonight? Tonight, I'm gonna PROVE it. Tonight I'm gonna prove that you don't hold a candle to me. I'm gonna leave you bloody in that cage, kid, while I celebrate keeping this title of mine. You are gonna need stitches. You are gonna need tape for your ribs. You are gonna need facial reconstruction surgery.

Rude sneers.

Rude

You… you… you.

The camera cuts away.

The big screen shows a video that highlights the feud between Tiger Mask and the Great Muta. It shows the several times that Tiger Mask has been blinded with the poison mist first, making sure to note the many shining wizards as well. It then begins to show Tiger Mask fighting back, hitting the Tiger Suplex. It ends with an image of Tiger Mask blowing the fireball into the Great Muta's face and cowing Muta bigtime.

THE FUNK BROTHERS versus TONY ATLAS & THE JUNKYARD DOG

WCCW Tag Team Championship!

"Cool Jerk" by Bootsy Collins hits and Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog come shimmying out, much to the delight of the fans! The slap the crowd's hands as they make their way down the ramp and head into the ring. Junkyard woofs at the crowd and Atlas climbs to the second rope, looking out at the crowd appreciatively.

"Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash strikes up and Terry and Dory Funk come out, accompanied by Bruce Pritchard and the WCCW Tag Team belts! The crowd boos as the Funks make their way to the ring. They climb up to the apron and raise the belts high into the air, but Junkyard and Atlas have had enough—they rush them and drag the champs into the ring!

A four-man brawl strikes up in the ring as both teams slug it out frantically. Eventually, Terry and Junkyard are thrown out of the ring. Atlas pounds on Dory, whipping him into the ropes and catching him with a big lariat. Dory jumps back to his feet and Tony Atlas tackles him to the mat, hitting him with a big double axehandle smash. He tags in the Junkyard Dog and they lift Dory into the air, smashing him into the mat with a double back suplex. JYD goes to pull Dory back up, but Dory pulls him into an inside cradle! The Dog kicks out, but Dory manages to jump to his corner and tag his brother into the ring!

Baxter

Terry Funk is in this on fire! Dropkick takes Junkyard down to size!

Garrick

Atlas into the ring and Terry with a nice diving lariat! Atlas rolls right back out of this one!

Baxter

The Funks pull Junkyard to his feet and hit a BIG double suplex!

Garrick

Now Terry's getting in the ref's face… no, come on!

Baxter

Dory's choking the Junkyard Dog! Tony Atlas tries to get into the ring, but the ref stops him!

Garrick

And Terry drops a dastardly knee right into the groin of the Dog! This is just sick!

Dory finally exits the ring and Terry pulls the Junkyard Dog to his feet, whipping him into the ropes. JYD comes back and Terry fires a kick straight into his face. He tags back out to Dory and Dory climbs up to the second rope, leaping off with a knee drop to the back of Junkyard's head! He tags back out to his brother and the Funks pull the JYD up so that Terry can hit him with an atomic drop, setting him up for a big running lariat from Dory! Terry covers, but Junkyard kicks out at two. He tags back out to Dory and they stomp the hell out of Junkyard to massive boos from the crowd.

Garrick

Terry getting out of the ring here and Dory pulling the Junkyard Dog away from the ropes… TEXAS CLOVERLEAF!

Baxter

This could be it, Sam! The fans are hoping and praying that it's not, but the Texas cloverleaf hold has put away many competitors in its day!

Garrick

Junkyard's fighting it, though… he's fighting it… he's got the ropes!

Baxter

Dory is FURIOUS! He pulls the Dog to his feet, but JYD takes him down with a bionic elbow!

Garrick

He tags out to Atlas! The crowd is on their feet! Atlas charges in… NO!

Baxter

Dory Funk with the drop toe hold! He tags in Terry and now locks in a modified camel clutch.

Garrick

These Funks have no respect! Look at Terry slapping Tony Atlas across the face! Dory's laughing!

Baxter

Terry Funk into the ropes and now he BLASTS Tony across the face with a soccer kick!

Terry Funk pulls Tony to his feet and goes to work with chops and kicks to the knee. He sends Atlas into the ropes and catches him with a spinning chop, covering; JYD breaks it up, only for Dory to come in and dropkick him in the jaw! Terry Funk continues working Atlas over, pushing him into the corner and wrapping his arm around the rope, torquing it madly. He pulls Atlas out and throws him to the mat with a scoop slam.

Garrick

He pulls Tony up and here's a rear chinlock.

Baxter

Terry Funk has some of the toughest submissions in the game, Sam; this could really ruin Atlas's neck.

Garrick

Atlas seems to be fading here, folks. Could Terry Funk have worn him down enough?

Baxter

NO! Tony Atlas is fighting it! He's pushing himself up to his feet… Terry Funk is bewildered!

Garrick

Elbow shot after elbow shot into the ribs of Terry Funk… and he breaks free!

Baxter

HOT tag to the Junkyard Dog and listen to this crowd! Junkyard steamrolls over Terry Funk and knocks Dory off the apron!

Garrick

Terry's back up and the Dog lariats him down again! JYD hits the ropes and knocks him down again! And again!

Baxter

The Junkyard Dog grabs Terry by the arm and whips him into the ropes. Catches him—

Garrick

THE THUMP! He hooks the leg!

Baxter

Atlas charges the ring and lariats Dory out of the ring!

Garrick

THE THREE! THE JUNKYARD DOG GOT THE THREE COUNT! NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!

Baxter

I don't believe this!

"Cool Jerk" hits again and the crowd goes wild!

Garrick

Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog are being handed the belts and they are ecstatic! They're slapping the hands of all the fans tonight and… look at that!

Baxter

They're exiting through the crowd, dancing all the way!

After the match ends, the camera cuts to the back again.

Garrick

We're following the AWA America's champion Tully Blanchard here and… whoa, what's this?

Baxter

It's Mr. Perfect!

Tully and Mr. Perfect stand nose to nose.

Perfect

Shine that belt up for me, Tully?

Blanchard

Piss off.

Perfect

Listen up, Blanch'. I'm gonna take that title from you. Rip it…

Perfect grabs the belt and they struggle a bit.

Perfect

… from your…

Tully jerks the belt back. Perfect sneers.

Perfect

… hands. You just wait, Tully.

Mr. Perfect stalks off and Tully glares after him.

TIGER MASK versus THE GREAT MUTA

"Morning Final" by Blue Oyster Cult plays and Tiger Mask comes out to a huge applause. He makes his way to the ring and climbs up the turnbuckle from the apron, holding his index finger in the air before dropping to the canvas. He tests the ropes and shakes his legs to limber up.

"Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath hits and the arena is drowned in boos. The Great Muta strides out, planting his fists on his hips and looking out at the crowd. He walks down to the ring and climbs up onto the apron, looking from left to right before slipping through the ropes.

As soon as the bell rings, both men start at each other, practically flying across the ring. Muta springboards off the second rope and corkscrews through the air, but Tiger Mask dodges; Muta lands on his feet and rolls away. They lock up and begin a technical showcase, chainwrestling about the ring until Muta grabs Tiger Mask by the head and runs up the ropes, looking for a shiranui. Tiger Mask pushes him off and Muta backflips, landing on his feet behind Tiger Mask, only to eat a backflip kick!

Garrick

Incredible agility from Tiger Mask there and now both men are back on their feet.

Baxter

Muta shoots Tiger Mask into the ropes… he drops to the ground and Tiger Mask jumps over him.

Garrick

Arm drag from Muta! Both men up—enzuigiri!

Baxter

Tiger Mask on his knees and Muta hits the ropes and BRAINS him with a dropkick to the back of the head!

Garrick

Fujiwara armbar here! Muta's wrenching that arm of Mask's; this could very well injure Tiger Mask!

Baxter

Tiger Mask is fighting it… and he gets his foot on the ropes!

Garrick

Great effort there from Tiger Mask, but now the Great Muta is pulling him to his feet and here's another armdrag!

Baxter

Both men up, monkey flip from Tiger Mask!

Garrick

Muta springs to his feet and Tiger Mask jumps—Muta reverses and throws him with a powerbomb!

The Great Muta drops to a knee, but he quickly rises back up again. He pulls Tiger Mask to his feet and snap suplexes him back to the mat. He pops his hips and pulls Mask back up for vertical suplex, but Tiger Mask escapes out the back and drops Muta with a reverse DDT! He moves, trying to lock in a cross-arm breaker, but Muta grabs onto the ropes before the hold is locked in. He pulls Muta to his feet, but the Great Muta jabs him in the stomach and then hits a sole butt to the gut, doubling Tiger Mask over so that Muta can execute a bulldog!

Garrick

Muta stomps Tiger Mask here and now he hits the ropes, coming back with a leg drop!

Baxter

Cover! One! Two! Not enough!

Garrick

He pulls Tiger Mask up here and there are some brutal chops across the chest! Into the ropes—

Baxter

Flying leg lariat from Tiger Mask!

Garrick

The Great Muta jumps to his feet, but Tiger Mask takes him back down with a roundhouse kick! He jumps to the top rope and hits a split-legged moonsault!

Baxter

Is it enough?... NO! Muta kicks out at the two!

Tiger Mask levers Muta to his feet and back suplexes him back to the mat in quick fashion. He rolls Muta up, but Muta manages to kick out before the three. Muta gets to his feet and Tiger Mask pulls him to his feet, locking his arms behind his back. He goes for the Tiger Suplex, but Muta plants his feet on the top turnbuckle and pushes backwards, crashing down on top of Tiger Mask in the middle of the ring! He twists and brings Tiger Mask to his feet before savaging him with a yakuza kick!

Baxter

He brings Tiger Mask up and feeds him those chops to the throat and chest!

Garrick

Tiger Mask fighting back here with some fierce right hands and—HOLY SMOKES!

Baxter

BIG high kick from Muta and Tiger Mask is groggy! He's just unloading with those kicks now!

Garrick

Vicious side kick to the stomach and now Tiger Mask is on a knee!

Baxter

This doesn't look good! The Great Muta is rubbing the throat and it looks like he's going to spit mist—!

Garrick

Tiger Mask springs to his feet and roundhouse kicks Muta in the jaw! Muta spits the mist into the air! Rolling sole butt to the stomach!

Baxter

He's got the arms! He's got the arms!

Garrick

TIGER DRIVER! There's the pin!

Baxter

And there's the three! Tiger Mask has defeated the Great Muta!

Garrick

Tiger Mask is celebrating now, playing to the crowd on the turnbuckles! This is a victory he has earned!

Baxter

What a hard-fought match between two phenomenal wrestlers!

TULLY BLANCHARD versus MR. PERFECT

AWA America's Championship!

"Rainbow in the Dark" by Dio hits and Mr. Perfect struts out from the back to a heavy chorus of boos from the crowd. Perfect smirks and gestures to the crowd as he makes his way to the ring. He climbs in and tests out the ropes, walking from side to side as he waits for his opponent.

"Even Flow" by Pearl Jam strikes up and the crowd ROARS with approval as the AWA America's champion steps out from the back. He hoists the title higher on his shoulder and walks down to the ring, walking up the steps and getting in. Tully and Perfect go nose to nose almost immediately. Tully tosses the belt away and hurls a right hand right into Perf's face!

Mr. Perfect staggers back and Tully brawls with him around the ring, both men exchanging right hands, forearms and back elbows. Mr. Perfect manages to get Tully in a side headlock, wrenching the hold in until Blanchard lifts up and crushes Perfect into the mat with a back suplex! He turns and grabs Perfect by the hair, yanking him up to his feet before marching him over to the buckles and smashing his face into them.

Baxter

Tully Blanchard is showing no remorse in this match, no holding back.

Garrick

No he is not, Reg, just smashing Perfect's face into that turnbuckle relentlessly!

Baxter

Tries to set him up on the top here but Perf' isn't having any of it, elbowing Tully in the face!

Garrick

Perfect turns the tables! He's putting the boots to the champ in the corner here, looking for payback!

Baxter

OOF! Look at that chop across the throat!

Garrick

Painful indeed, Reg. Perfect pulling Tully out of the corner here… he's looking for the Perfect-plex!

Baxter

Tully blocks it! He lifts… spinning suplex on Mr. Perfect!

Garrick

Nearly lost it there, but Tully's still in this!

Blanchard slowly comes to his feet and pulls Perfect up, whipping him across the ropes and tackling him to the mat when he comes back! He rams his fist repeatedly into Perfect's face before pulling Perfect back up, only to sling him back onto the mat! Mr. Perfect climbs to his feet slowly and Blanchard kicks his knee, sending Perfect toppling to the mat. Tully grabs the top rope and stomps the hell out of the back of Perfect's neck.

Garrick

Tully Blanchard pulls Perfect up here and sends him into the corner… hard knife-edge chop to the chest of Perfect!

Baxter

And here's a strong suplex from Blanchard, pulling Perfect out of the corner!

Garrick

Here's a pin… one! Two! Thr—no! Not enough!

Baxter

Blanchard arguing with the ref a little bit here, thinking he had that.

Garrick

He picks Perfect up, and Mr. Perfect with the jawbreaker!

Baxter

That was outta nowhere!

Garrick

Perf' back to his feet and he catches him in the facelock! Is this the Perfect-plex?

Baxter

Tully blocks it again! He grabs Perf by the head and sends him headfirst into the middle buckle!

Garrick

Mr. Perfect's ears have to be ringing by now!

Tully grabs Perf' in a rear waistlock and pulls him up, slinging him back with a release German suplex! He crawls over for the cover, but Mr. Perfect kicks out before the three. Tully pulls Perfect to his feet and hits him with a series of European uppercuts, sending him backwards into the ropes. Tully pushes Perfect against the ropes and brains him with a bionic elbow before sending him back into the middle of the ring with a spinning scoop slam! He follows it up with a jumping elbow drop, but still can't secure the win!

Baxter

Tully Blanchard is getting fed up with this! He's looking out at the crowd like he means it!

Garrick

He pulls Perfect up and boots him hard in the stomach! Hooks him up here…

Baxter

Perfect grabs the rope! He's not letting Blanchard lift him!

Garrick

This could be the slingshot suplex but NO! A big knee to the gut of Blanchard!

Baxter

I think we're looking at a Perfect-plex! We have a new champion!

Garrick

Blanchard grabs the top rope! Blanchard's got the rope!

Baxter

Perfect breaks the hold and WHAT AN ASS!

Garrick

He rakes the eyes of Blanchard! The ref is checking up on the champion here and Perfect is on the outside.

Baxter

He's got a chair! He's got a chair!

Garrick

Perfect's back in the ring and the ref sees it! He tries to take it, Perf' pushes him away—

Baxter

WHAT AN UNGODLY SHOT! He just caved Tully Blanchard's cranium in!

Garrick

There's the bell! This one's over!

Baxter

No-no-no-NO!

Garrick

He just hit the ref with that chair! Mr. Perfect has no morals!

Baxter

He's the only one standing in the middle of that ring, Sam, the last man there!

Garrick

But Tully Blanchard is still the AWA America's champion! That's really what counts at the end of the day, Reg.

RICK RUDE versus KEVIN VON ERICH

CW World Heavyweight Championship!

The blue steel bar cage is lowered and it sits ominously around the ring.

"Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult hits and the crowd goes insane as Kevin von Erich comes down to the ring. He waves at the crowd and walks down to the ring. He paces around it once before climbing through the door and standing in the ring. He grips the bars, waiting for his opponent.

"Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin hits and the crowd's boos are louder than they have ever been tonight as Rick Rude walks out, followed by all the members of his Gang. Rude walks towards the ring, but before he makes it very far, the referee demands that the rest of Rude's Gang go to the back! The Gang protests, but they eventually comply. Rude climbs into the ring, shedding his belt and his robe as he gets in.

The door is closed and the crowd falls silent.

Rude instantly turns and tries to scale the cage, but Kevin grabs him and throws him back to the mat. Rude springs up and Kevin feeds him sharp elbows, holding his hair all the while to keep his opponent close. Rick Rude begins to battle back with some right hands before grabbing Kevin by the arm and whipping him into the cage! Kevin hits it and drops to his front, shaking his head. Rude boots him in the temple, sneering, before he lifts him up and delivers a brutal haymaker to the jaw!

Baxter

Sam, this isn't a wrestling match! This is just a fight!

Garrick

This is a cage match, one of the most brutal contests in this sport; there is no time for wrestling!

Baxter

Rude grabs Kevin by the back of the head and he's grating his forehead over those bars!

Garrick

This is just barbaric! Listen to that cage rattle as Rude smashes Kevin's face into it!

Baxter

WHOA! A kind of discus throw into the cage and… Kevin von Erich is busted wide open, folks!

Garrick

Rude's trying to go up… and Kevin grabs his ankle! He yanks him down and there's a big side suplex! How's that for wrestling, eh, Reg?

Rude still manages to get up first, pulling Kevin to his feet. Kevin throws some wild punches to Rude's gut, but the Ravishing One shuts him up with a knee lift. He grabs Kevin's arm and goes to whip him back into the cage, but Kevin reverses it and sends Rick Rude back-first into the steel! Rick stumbles out and Kevin catches him on the chin with a high dropkick that sends Rude flopping down onto the canvas! Kevin pulls Rude up to a sitting position so he can drill him in the back of the head with a low dropkick!

Garrick

Kevin going to climb up now. Rude's incapacitated…

Baxter

Rude getting to his feet! He grabs Kevin by the waist and throws him down… and takes a savage punch to the nose!

Garrick

He grabs Rude by the hair and charges across the ring, ramming him head-first into the cage!

Baxter

We're seeing the more violent side of Kevin von Erich tonight as he gets on the back of Rude and pulls his head up, just grinding his face against the steel bars!

Garrick

And here's a few smashes into the fencing for good measure!

Baxter

Rude finally pushes Kevin off, but now blood's leaking from the Ravishing One's face as well!

Garrick

This is too much!

Rude gets to his feet and he begins to slug it out with Kevin von Erich, each punch opening up their wounds more and more. Both men are on their last legs soon, but they have to continue. Rude overpowers Kevin before long, sending him face-first into the cage. Kevin slumps against it aind Rude turns him around, chopping him across the collar. Kevin sinks lower and lower until Rude pulls him up, hooking him up and suplexing him into the middle of the ring!

Garrick

Both men are down in the middle of the ring! They need to get up and make it out of the ring to end this!

Baxter

Whoever gets up first is going to be at a huge advantage… and it's Rick Rude!

Garrick

Rude ascending the cage here. He's going to make it—!

Baxter

Kevin grabs him by the shin with both hands! He yanks Rude back down to the mat!

Garrick

Kevin unloading on Rude with right hands!

Baxter

Rude's fighting back with two of his own!

Garrick

How are these two still standing, much less battling it out!?

Baxter

I don't know, Sam, but—kick to the stomach! Kevin von Erich has Rude doubled over!

Garrick

He hooks Rick Rude up and lifts him with a suplex, smashing his back into the cage!

Baxter

Other waaaaaaaayyy GOURDBUSTER!

Garrick

Rude isn't moving! Kevin's got to get himself together!

Baxter

Kevin's starting up the cage! He's climbing… almost there!

Garrick

Rude's stirring and Kevin's having a hard time of it here! He can't… he's doing it!

Baxter

He pulls himself over!

Garrick

He hangs… and drops to the ground! That's it!

The crowd EXPLODES with joy!

Garrick

Kevin von Erich has escaped the cage! He's the new World Heavyweight champion!

Baxter

Rick Rude can't believe it! He's almost motionless in the cage, pressed up against the bars!

Garrick

Kevin can't get up either, but he's still the champion! Months of seeking have finally paid off!

Baxter

What a phenomenal match!

Garrick

That's all we have for you tonight, folks! A World Apart is over! I'm Sam Garrick and this is Reggie Baxter, signing off! Tune in in two days' time for Hustle!

Baxter

See you then!

POST-MATCH RECAP

Robert Fuller d. Antonio Inoki (R: 71%, Q: 78%)

Tony Atlas & the Junkyard Dog d. the Funk Brothers (R: 76%, Q: 78%)

Tiger Mask d. the Great Muta (R: 89%, Q: 92%)

Tully Blanchard d. Mr. Perfect (R: 80%, Q: 72%)

Kevin von Erich d. Rick Rude (R: 89%, Q: 80%)

Overall Rating: 80%

PPV Buyrate: 0.54

PPV Revenue: $1350000

Attendance: 6638 people

Tickets: $265520

EWB_CW_Hustle.gif

The Hustle! entrance video passes and the cameras rove over the audience. Soon, it goes to the announce desk where Sam Garrick and Reg Baxter excitedly go over the events of A World Apart. They make a note of the fact that Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog, the new WCCW Tag Team champions, are making their first defense against Marty Jannetty and Tiger Mask.

They then introduce a video.

The video on the big screen is of Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog, chronicling their rise to the WCCW Tag Team championship. It highlights the Junkyard Dog's fantastic ending to the match, doing a triple replay of JYD hitting Terry Funk with the Thump.

MARK YOUNGBLOOD versus CHRIS YOUNGBLOOD

The Youngbloods fight it out in a fast-paced match-up that has a lot of high spots. More than once, Chris Youngblood almost seals the deal, only for Mark to kick out. Mark finally hits a piledriver, but Chris grabs the bottom rope! They fight about the ring a bit more before Chris hits a big superkick, but it knocks Mark over the top rope and onto the outside! Chris watches helplessly as his brother lays on the outside, getting himself counted out. After the bell is rung, Mark looks up with a sinister grin on his face. Chris is enraged that he was denied his chance at the Television title.

The camera goes backstage to show Mr. Perfect standing alone. He explains exactly why he hit Tully Blanchard with the chair: he had been consumed with beating Tully Blanchard, but he realized he was better than the America's title, so he decided to just lay Tully out. He then expressed that he was going after the World title now and that Kevin von Erich had better watch out at Mountain of Power because Perfect would definitely be in that match.

THE FUNK BROTHERS versus ANTONIO INOKI & NICK BOCKWINKEL

The Funks displayed their usual tag prowess, but Inoki and Bockwinkel held their own. Bockwinkel worked Dory over until Dory managed to tag Terry in, but he remained hot and knocked both men on their asses. Inoki was tagged in and the Japanese legend kicked and suplexed the Funks until they didn't know what had hit them. The Funks mounted a big comeback, using double-team tactics to get over Inoki. Just as Inoki started to get his bearings back, a bearded man leapt out of the crowd and struck him on the back with a pipe! Terry Funk rolled Inoki up for the win. The bearded man ripped off the false beard to reveal Robert Fuller!

TONY ATLAS & THE JUNKYARD DOG versus MARTY JANNETTY & TIGER MASK

Jannetty and Tiger Mask tagged back and forth quickly, using their speed against Atlas and the Dog. Atlas began to power his way back, hitting huge slams against both opponents. He tagged in the Dog and the Junkyard Dog battered his opponents around the ring until Tiger Mask got back inring and ran circles around the Junkyard Dog. He went for the tag, but Jannetty refused. Tiger Mask continued the fight, but when he went to the top rope, Jannetty hit it and crotched him on the top! Marty Jannetty then jumped up to the top rope and leapt forward, bulldogging Tiger Mask off! He left to a chorus of boos as the Junkyard Dog picked up the win for his team.

Marty Jannetty was cornered by Greg Gagne in the back and asked about his actions. Jannetty said that he was tired of Tiger Mask getting all the recognition for being the most acrobatic and flashiest wrestler in CW. He was going to show the world that he was ten times betteTiger Mask any way he could.

Kevin von Erich came out to celebrate his title win. As he was celebrating in the ring, Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect came out from the crowd! Kevin tried to defend himself, but they eventually overpowered him, allowing Rude to deliver the Rude Awakening! They hoisted him into the corner and Rude began to address the crowd, but just then Tully Blanchard hit the ring! Blanchard began to fight both of them, but they were proving too strong until KVE joined the fray once more! They dispatched Rude and Perfect and then introduced themselves as Wrestlers United, a combined force that would do away with Rude's Gang once and for all! The show closed on that note.

POST-CARD RECAP

Chris Youngblood d. Mark Youngblood (R: 66%, Q: 80%)

The Funk Brothers d. Antonio Inoki & Nick Bockwinkel (R: 68%, Q: 71%)

Tony Atlas & the Junkyard Dog d. Marty Jannetty & Tiger Mask (R: 82%, Q: 83%)

Overall Rating: 73%

Nielsens: 3.94

Attendance: 1507 people

Tickets: $45210

OOC: Short results for this Hustle! because I wanted to get the end of the year out of the way.
Edited by Obinna

• 8 months later...