Worth1000 Corporate Logo Design

Would you guys suggest I shrink the sun, then? Maybe move it somewhere else? I'm open to any ideas that might help me out here :)

And Matzat, a good designer would know what the hell they were doing with small family business. If you submit a Nike Swoosh-esque logo to a local family-owned shoe maker or something, then they aren't going to like it as much as the homey feeling of a more complex logo with, say, hands crafting a shoe as the logo or something.

The logos you have in mind are better suited for more established corporations, larger companies and whatnot. The smaller the company, the more complex the logo. Don't believe me? Fine. Here's some examples of my own:

logoCrackerBarrel.gif

logo.gif

small-business-logo-design9.jpg

Small. Business. Logos. Hell, I even tossed in Cracker Barrel, which isn't a small business at all in the southern US. These logos are simplistic yet complex all the same, they convey a certain feel to them.

If you follow the book every time you sit down to make a logo, Matzat, you'll never catch people's attention. Sometimes you have to step outside from what you've been taught to create something unique-- not that I'm saying my current design is unique at all, I'm just saying it overall.

Examples of worth1000 Corporate Contests:

http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/con...splay=photoshop

There's a crapload more-- both simple and complex logos making waves as the ones these companies pick. Not every company follows a universal rule of "simplistic logos only", nor is it because they are too broke to afford their own.

Edited by The Mask of Norbert

While you are right, I think these are still somewhat to complicated, i claim they are way less than your house is (with all the windows , bushes, trees, a sun ect.)

Take a look at the first race kitten clothing one (the second place looks nice as a Graphic but sucks as a logo, I can see it as advertisement containing a logo, but this thing as never changing pice of Corporate Design, no way), if you reduce that one to the writing and the stars you got a lot of good things left (for example if you use it in a letterhead and don’t want the whole picture because it dos not fit the format unless you center it and make it very small). It goes up , the outline and the font selection works nice with the racing theme. The Handwriting suggests some style and the stars are universally working to communicate quality.

I don’t like the first place on Magic Wand one at all, it seems like toothpaste. It actually is reduced farley well if you cut the product but just delivers the wrong message.

I really like the Wooden Wheel Lodge one, it works very well black and white. (which is consider an important point because that means it holds up when it is copied or other reproduction tools that barley or just don’t allow grayscales) and the basic wheel form combined with the Text is really memorable and on second look you underline a very classic layed back way by using a style for the picture elements that looks like the old art of woodcuts (which was basically the start of pictured logos in corporate/print design all together)

At least try a version in which you reduce the amount of colors and stuff in/on the house. Just to be able to compare.

Maybe change the font (to playful, dos not suggest steadiness/trust at all, more like a Childs handwriting), cut some of the green stuff, think about killing windows (or put them in in a reduced way, 2 lines or something) and the brown stuff (sorry don’t know the words), if there is something that needs to be added in my eyes it would be a door because a house without one seems kind of freaky to me.

Another thing you might want to try is print this out in a card format (USA usually uses 3½ × 2 in (= 88,9 × 50,8 mm)) and take a look at how all the detail creats tons of movements in such a small printout (technically it should work in each size, even if you have it printed on the side of a pen as a gift in a sales talk for example)

I am not trying to piss you of here, I am just talking what I learned from trained professionals and try to help. I truly and honestly believe in what I write.

blubb² :-(