NWA-TNA - From The Start

The Sandman

headerlogofk6.gif

April 4.2002 - PPV #9

Opening Pyros explode and first we see a video from last week's event. Video highlights both title matches that the show included.

Music of former X-Division Champion Kid Kash hits as he walks to the ring.

Kid Kash: Each and everyone of you losers thought that it was really funny, when i lost my X-Division belt to that AJ Styles, Am i right?

Crowd starts to chant for AJ.

Kid Kash: Now shut up! Actually i comed to this ring to introduce one person. Does anyone remember from the second TNA show, when Simon Diamond wrestled against Brian..um..someone. One man interfered that match and beat the holy hell out of both guys. Well i was abled to communicate with that man. He is the key for me to get my title back from AJ. Here he is, 'The Monster' Abyss!

Music of Abyss hits and he walks to the entrance ramp with huge chain on his shoulders. Abyss makes his taunt as the pyros explode and then he walks to the ring.

Kid Kash: AJ! I want you take a good look to this man. When this man stands on my side, there is no way that you're going to keep that belt for long!

Rating: 68

Camera cuts to the backstage, where 'Father' James Mitchell is watching Kid Kash and Abyss from the screen.

Music of Shannon Moore hits and he walks to the ring for his second X-Division challenge.

This time Amazing Red accepts his challenge.

X-Division Challenge II

Shannon Moore vs Amazing Red

Shannon Moore doesn't look too worried about Amazing Red. Moore walks to front of Red and slaps him to face. Amazing Red smiles and stomps on his foot and quickly rolls down to the mat. Moore kicks out before two count. Moore looks for quick Clothesline, but misses and Red takes him down by Headlock Takedown. Amazing Red hits quick Leg Drop and goes for cover again, but Moore kicks out again at two count. Red tries to lift him up, but Moore counters him by Jawbreaker. Moore springs from the ropes and takes Amazing Red down by high Leg Lariat. Moore goes for pin attempt, but Amazing Red ables to kick out.

Shannon Moore stomps to his face and pulls him to corner. Moore lifts him to turnbuckle and looks for Superplex, but Amazing Red hits him to gut by forearm and ables to throw him down to the mat. Moore struggles back up as Amazing Red flies and takes him down by Hurricanrana. Amazing Red pulls him to middle of the ring and hits Standing Shooting Star Press! He goes for the cover, but Moore kicks out just before three count. Red pulls him near the corner and climbs to turnbuckle. Amazing Red looks for Infra Red, but Moore gets his knees up and Red lands on them. Moore springs from the ropes and nails Swinging Neckbreaker..1....2....3.

Winner: Shannon Moore

Rating: 82

After the match Shannon Moore takes microphone.

Shannon Moore: Once again, one of the losers of X-Division lost to Shannon Moore. Next week there will be no challenge. Because i'm going to introduce one guy, who will join to my mission.

Jeff Jarrett music hits as he walks to the entrance ramp. In the quick moment, the whole crowd is booing to him.

Jeff Jarrett vs Chris Harris

Match starts with tie-up at middle of the ring. Jarrett takes Harris to Arm Wrench, but he takes Jarrett down by Arm Drag. Jarrett backs to corner and Harris goes after him, but Jarrett hits thumb to the eye and slams Harris head first to the mat. Jarrett goes for the cover, but Harris kicks out at two count. Jarrett grabs Harris from his leg and hits Elbow Drop on it. Jarrett pulls Harris to middle of the ring and stomps to same leg again. Jarrett tries to lock Figure 4-Leg Lock, but Harris ables to kick him away. Harris struggles back up, but Jarrett takes him down again by Clothesline. Jarrett stomps again on that foot and this time ables to lock him to Figure 4-Leg Lock. Harris struggles to the ropes and ables to catch from lowest rope. Jarrett releases the hold. Jarrett springs from the ropes, but Harris is back up and throws Jarrett over by high Back Body Drop. Harris comes from the ropes and hits Flying Clothesline. Harris goes for pin attempt, but Jarrett kicks out at two count. Harris tries to lift Jarrett for Cat-A-Tonic, but Jarrett kicks him to injured leg. Harris falls down to one knee, Jarrett moves to behind and drives Harris down to the mat by The Stroke!.1...2....3.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Rating: 84

Camera cuts to the backstage. Vince Russo is standing at interview area.

Vince Russo: As you all just saw. Jeff Jarrett is the man, who should be the #1 contender. But, because of Dusty Rhodes i can't name him to #1 contener, he has to earn it. Next week it is going to be TNA's PPV number 10. For that we are going to see Triple Threat match for #1 Contendership between Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles and Raven.

Music of The Sandman hits as he returns to TNA after his Hardcore Match against Raven.

The Sandman vs David Young

Even before the bell rings Sandman attacks with his signature Singapore Cane. Sandman hits couple of shots with the cane and then lifts Young up and drives to the mat by White Russian Leg Sweep! Sandman drops his cane and climbs to turnbuckle. Sandman flies and hits Rolling Rock!.1...2....3.

Winner: The Sandman

Rating: 60

After the match Sandman drinks beer and shakes hands with couple of fans.

BG James, Konnan and Ron Killings are at somewhere backstage.

BG James: Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls. Watchers from all ages. You're looking to the next NWA World Tag Team Champions!

Konnan: Orale, Impact Zone! We are here with our good friend, NWA World Champion Ron 'The Truth' Killings!

Ron Killings: What's up dudes!

BG James: Did you hear about the #1 contendership match next week?

Ron Killings: Yeah i heard that. I don't care about it too much. I'm the fighting champion and i will defend this belt against anyone who steps to my face, even if it has to be Jeff Jarrett again.

Konnan: Hey BG, didn't we had something to tell for all those gringos at the arena?

BG James: Hold on there, we have the whole night time to tell. But i think that at this point, it would be good to tell that we three thought to team up against so-called Planet Jarrett. Myself, Konnan and Ron: together we are..3 Lived Kru! So Jeff, you can give us your global warnings and other shit. But you should beware the 3...Lived...Kru!

Rating: 83

Ring announcer Jeremy Borash walks to the ring and picks microphone.

Jeremy Borash: Ladies and Gentlemen, this match is your Main Event for the evening and it is for the NWA World Tag Team Championship!

Triple X © w/ Elix Skipper vs Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Referee shows the titles to both teams and then to the crowd. The match is ready to start.

Low-Ki steps to the ring against Paul London. Referee tells to ring the bell. Quick lock-up at first as they battle, who is stronger. Paul London throws Low-Ki down by Arm Drag. Low-Ki gets back up and looks for one of his huge kicks, but misses and London takes him down again by Headlock Takedown. London goes for quick cover, but Low-Ki ables to kick out at two. London lifts him up and throws him by Scoop Slam. London springs for the ropes, but Elix Skipper grabs from his leg. London turns around and tries to kick him. Referee goes to send Skipper away as Daniels sneaks to the ring and hits STO to Paul London.

Low-Ki moves for the cover and referee starts to count, but London kicks out at two.

Low-Ki pulls London to their corner and tags Daniels to the ring. Low-Ki lifts Paul London up and drops him straight against knee of Daniels. Daniels lifts him back up and throws by quick Snap Suplex. Daniels springs from the ropes and looks for Leg Drop, but London gets out of the way. Daniels struggles back up, but London drops him by high Dropkick. London crawls to his corner and ables to tag Brian Kendrick to the ring.

Daniels and Low-Ki tries to double team Kendrick, but he drops Daniels by Clothesline and beautiful Hurricanrana to Low-Ki. London sends Low-Ki over the ropes by Clothesline and flies over ropes by Cross Body to take Low-Ki down again. In the ring Kendrick signals for Sliced Bread #2, but Daniels counters it. Daniels kicks Kendrick to the gut, grabs him to underhook and nails Angel's Wings!.One..two...three! Triple X retains their titles.

Winner: Triple X

Rating: 86

Overall Rating: 77

Buy Rate: 0.21

Edited by The Sandman