Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou - TKO, Round 2

Mauricio Rua vs. Alistair Overeem - Decision

Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland - KO, Round 2

Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mike Russow - KO, Round One

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PRIDE Middleweight Championship: Wanderlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson -KO, 2nd Round

PRIDE Lightweight Championship: Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz - TKO, 2nd Round

Hayato Sakurai vs. Mac Danzig - KO, 1st Round

Kazuo Misaki vs. Frank Trigg - TKO, 2nd Round

Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Travis Wiuff - Decision

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou - Submission, 2nd Round

Mauricio Rua vs. Alistair Overeem - TKO, 1st Round

Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland - TKO, 2nd Round

Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mike Russow - Submission, 2nd Round

Don't forget to add the Kharitonov/Russow fight to your predictions! I'm out of town for the weekend, so results for the competition won't be up until Monday evening GMT at the earliest.

Wanerlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson - TKO, 2nd Round

Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz - Decision

Hayato Sakurai vs. Mac Danzig - KO, 3rd Round

Kazuo Misaki vs. Frank Trigg - Submission, 1st Round

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou - Submission, 2nd Round

Mauricio Rua vs. Alistair Overeem - TKO, 2nd Round

Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland - KO, 2nd Round

Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mike Russow - TKO, 1st Round

Edited by The Ultimate LBTN

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Wanderlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson - TKO, Round Three

Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz - Decision

Hayato Sakurai vs. Mac Danzig - Decision

Kazuo Misaki vs. Frank Trigg - KO, Round Two

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou - TKO, Round Three

Mauricio Rua vs. Alistair Overeem - TKO, Round Two

Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland - Decision

Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mike Russow - KO, Round One

Guest Takayamanofear

Wanderlei Silva- 2nd round TKO

Takanori Gomi- deciscion

Hayato Sakurai – 1st round Knockout

Kazuo Misaki Deciscion

Kazuhiro Nakamura -1st round Submission

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira – 1st round Submission

Alistair Overeem – 1st round TKO

Joachim Hansen – 1st round K0

Sergei Kharitonov – 1st round TKO

Kazuhiro Nakamura will not be able to fight.. I heard a rumor for Wuiff's opponent two days ago, but nothing confirmed, there may be confirmation today but I think its best to omit that match, besides with the addition of Sergei Kharitonov VS. Mike Russow it'll keep it where it origanally was...

If no one posts results during the show, I will once I finish watching it, which will be when I get back from watching Daniel Tosh.

I'm so happy Hendo won. Man, that's the Hendo I want to see all the time, not the one that outwrestles opponents and waits for the decision. That was a brilliant performance. Great show, amazing show. Pride's been on a roll putting on amazing shows since last years first Grand Prix event. Good for them.

And man, Gomi did not look good at all. Beautiful fight by Diaz, though. He looked like he top notch as well.

The crowd was pretty rocking for the most part, despite not being as full as Pride was expecting.

I'm happy for Dan. Here is a guy who a lot of people, myself included, where starting right off as "Decision Dan", a fighter who outwrestled opponents, not looking for the finish and holding out for the judges. But after last night, I was proved wrong. Dan is still the fucking man and he can still kick some ass when he lets it all hang out. Balls to the walls, baby, that's Dan Henderson at his finest. What's even sweeter is that for a long time, before the Welterweight division in Pride, people were saying that Dan Henderson wasn't cut out for the bigger dogs at Middleweight and he'd be champion if there was a division around 180. Then when they made that division, he won the belt, now he comes back to Middleweight and won that belt as well. Not only did he make history, but he proved a shitload to people that said he was in over his head at over 200 lbs a few years ago.

Sucks what happened to Lil' Nog, though. I can't think of anybody who deserves a shot at gold for so long without getting it as much as he does. If Pride handed out shots like they should, I'd be smacking my head on the wall if Nog wouldn't have gotten a crack at Silva if they both won. Even if Nog won last night, he still probably wouldn't have gotten it, since Silva losing the belt means the Shogun Express can finally take over where Wandy left off. But man, I feel for Nog. Nobody goes out there and gets it done like him. Even in his loss to Shogun, his only previous loss in Pride, the decision was so close that it could have gone either way.

So yeah, if Pride lives up to their word and dishes out more title shots in the future, they're going to get Shogun on that shit ASAP. Not to say he'll go in there and walk all over Henderson, but if anybody is poised to take that belt off him as quick as possible, it's Shogun.

As for Silva... I don't want to say he is entering the twilight of his career, nor do I want to say he is no longer one the best in the world, but ever since Shogun burst on to the scene, you could sense that the winds of change were in the air and Silva's reign as Chute Boxe's top guy where coming towards the end. Definitely not the end of Wandy and I know if I say he'll never wear a belt again, my words will come back to bite me in the ass, but you got to think... That's two straight losses, both by knock out. It's no secret that a devastating knockout can affect a fighter's mental approach and execution of fights for the rest of his career. It'll be very interesting to see what happens to Wanderlei in his future fights.

Now as for the event as a whole... I wouldn't be surprised if this is the event of the year. Probably one of the better Pride shows. A lot of people are calling the best ever, but it's the excitement of it still in people's system. Still, it was a fantastic show and a lot of people who watched Pride for the first time really dug it. There are some epic MMA cards put together by Pride in the past, hopefully this will lead to people getting a hold of them and appreciating it.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Alright, are these good results to work off for the predicition contest?

PRIDE Middleweight Championship: Wanderlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson - KO, 3rd Round

Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz - Submission, 2nd Round

Hayato Sakurai vs. Mac Danzig - KO, 2nd Round

Kazuo Misaki vs. Frank Trigg - Decision

Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Travis Wiuff - NULL AND VOID

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou - KO, 1st Round

Mauricio Rua vs. Alistair Overeem - KO, 1st Round

Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland - Submission, 3rd Round

Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mike Russow - Submission, 1st Round

The honours are shared this time around as TypicalPhenom and desiredtoe top the predictions with seventy-five points each, desiredtoe's score is made even more impressive by the fact that he predicted one less match than everyone else that took part. Enter Blue Guy continues his impressive run of form, finishing in the top three for the second time in a row in this competition, while LBTN appears only to be a step behind of the Canadian, finishing fourth after placing in second the last time around. With a number of upsets on the show, a number of EWBers were left with less than impressive scores but with scores down all across the board no one has managed to really open up a gap in the early going.

Key:

NAV - Null and void

NP - No pick

Fights are scored in the following order, from left to right - Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mike Russow, Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland, Mauricio Rua vs. Alistair Overeem, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Travis Wiuff, Kazuo Misaki vs. Frank Trigg, Hayato Sakurai vs. Mac Danzig, Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz, Wanderlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson)

1. TypicalPhenom: (15 + 0 + 0 + 10 + NAV + 10 + 15 + 10 + 15) 75

1. desiredtoe: (NP + 10 + 15 + 0 + NAV + 20 + 10 + 20 + 0) 75

3. Enter Blue Guy: (15 + 10 + 10 + 0 + NAV + 0 + 15 + 15 + 0) 65

4. LBTN: (15 + 10 + 10 + 0 + NAV + 10 + 15 + 0 + 0) 60

5. crazedfan: (15 + 10 + 15 + 0 + NAV + 0 + 15 + 0 + 0) 55

6. Natural Born Thrilla: (0 + 10 + 15 + 0 + NAV + 10 + 15 + 0 + 0) 50

7. ACCBiggz: (15 + 10 + 10 + 0 + NAV + 10 + 0 + 0 + 0) 45

7. Mr. Potato Head: (15 + 0 + 10 + 0 + NAV + 10 + 0 + 10 + 0) 45

8. Takayamanofear: (15 + 10 + 0 + 0 + NAV + 0 + 15 + 0 + 0) 40

Quick Stats:

• A lot of EWBers went the same way in their voting of a number of matches. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Wanderlei Silva both receiving votes by seven out of the eight predictors. The only man to choose their opponents was joint winner, TypicalPhenom, who obviously knew something everyone else didn't. Sergei Kharitonov received six out of the seven votes cast on his match with Mike Russow and delivered the points for everyone barring Natural Born Thrilla who voted against him and desiredtoe who didn't vote on the match.

• desiredtoe was the only poster to get any predicitions spot on. Successfully picking the results of the Kazuo Misaki vs. Frank Trigg fight and Nick Diaz's victory over Takanori Gomi.

With two shows down, Enter Blue Guy continues to sit pretty at the top of the leaderboard, but with a slender twenty point lead things are far too close for him to get complacent. TypicalPhenom jumps four places up the table, leaving the bottom slot to be filled by Natural Born Thrilla. With joint victory in the competition this time around, desiredtoe also climbs the table, moving up two places into third position.

Enter Blue Guy: (110 + 65) 175 (--)

LBTN: (95 + 60) 155 (--)

desiredtoe: (75 + 75) 150 (/\2)

crazedfan: (85 + 55) 140 (\/1)

Typical Phenom: (50 + 75) 125 (/\4)

Takayamanofear: (80 + 40) 120 (\/2)

ACCBiggz: (65 + 45) 110 (\/1)

Mr. Potato Head: (65 + 45) 110 (\/1)

Natural Born Thrilla: (55 + 50) 105 (\/1)

And for those that are interested, the below table is what it would look like if we included the UFC predictions in with this bunch of predicitions.

Enter Blue Guy: (95 + 110 + 65) 270 (--)

LBTN: (90 + 95 + 60) 245 (--)

desiredtoe: (90 + 75 + 75) 240 (/\2)

crazedfan: (85 + 85 + 55) 225 (\/1)

Takayamanofear: (85 + 80 + 40) 205 (\/1)

Mr. Potato Head: (95 + 65 + 45) 205 (--)

Natural Born Thrilla: (85 + 55 + 50) 190 (--)

ACCBiggz: (65 + 65 + 45) 175 (--)

Typical Phenom: (N/A + 50 + 75) 125 (--)

Speaking of which, I believe that the next show up for predicition is the UFC show headlined by Couture/Sylvia, so keep an eye out for me bumping that thread and don't forget to predict there and tell everyone else you know to do so as well.

Well done to all and thanks for taking part.

NBT

• 1 month later...

Following hot on the tail of the two UFC shows that are kicking off the month of April is the thirty-fourth PRIDE show coming to North Americans live and direct from the Saitama Super Arena by the wonders of Pay-Per-View. Top to bottom its not the strongest PRIDE show ever but that is to be expected after their recent troubles and high profile losses of fighters to the UFC. As always, predict the winner, the round he is going to win in and the style of victory (KO, TKO, Submission, Decision). You get ten points for getting the winner right and an additional five points for each of the other things you correctly predict. The PRIDE show takes place at Sunday April 8th 3:00am EST, so get your predictions in before the beginning of the show for them to be counted. Good luck.

NEW MATCH ADDED

PRIDE 34: Kamikaze

Wanderlei Silva Vs. Igor Vovchanchyn

SOKOUDJOU Vs. Ricardo Arona

Shinya Aoki Vs. Brian Lo-A-Njoe

Makoto Takimoto Vs. Zelg "Benkei" Galesic

Zuluzinho Vs. Eric "Butterbean" Esch

Gilbert "The Hurricane" Yvel Vs. Bazigit "Volk" Atajev

Kazuyuki Fujita Vs. Jeff Monson

Don Frye Vs. James Thompson

Yoshihiro Nakao Vs. Edson Drago

Edited by Natural Born Thrilla