Formula One 2007 Season

TheArsenal

Might as well keep this in the actual F1 2007 thread...

McLaren have been stripped of their points in the 2007 Formula One constructors' championship after the outcome of the 'spygate' row.

The team was also hit with a record $100m (£49.2m) fine but drivers Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso will be allowed to keep their points.

The team's 2008 cars will have to be examined before they are allowed to race next season.

McLaren team chief Ron Dennis is due to speak at a 1915 BST news conference.

Source: BBC News

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So Hamilton's looking good for the title after today's win in the rain at the Japan Grand Prix. Have to say he fully deserves the title in a brilliant first season. Shame for Vettel not able to finish second in one of his first races. Also to make matter's worse for him he's been dropped ten places for the next race :ohwell:.

Hamilton is now 12 points ahead with 2 races left.

It'll be an awesome race Brazil. I can't say that when Lewis lost the lead, that I expected him to regain it. McLaren should have brought him in way earlier than they did, and when they did, it was too late.

However, I still think Lewis can win the World Championship, he needs to finish at least one place behind Alonso at Brazil to win, and I think he can do it.

I was still choked when he span off though...But I can't wait for Brazil!

I'm torn between Hamilton and Raikkonen winning the Drivers' Championship. It'll be quite a sight to have Ferrari winning both F1 titles again so quickly after Schumacher's retirement, but the Hamilton haters on the F1 forums I visit just make me root for the rookie even more.

Probably the rookieness. I mean, look at Alonso...He started of at Minardi. I guess they must think it isn't right that a rookie driver should be in one of the big teams, let alone top of the World Championship.

I wouldn't say I hate Hamilton, but I don't want him to win. I've just never routed for the person with the most hype behind them, in anything. I can't put my finger on it, but I can't buy into Hamilton yet. I'd rather Raikkonen won than Alonso, but I'd rather Alonso won than Hamilton.

I don't really care who wins it too be honest, whether it be Hamilton or Alonso. Just as long as it isn't Raikkonen. I'd rather it be Hamilton than Alonso though, for the simple fact that Alonso is a dull, dull man. Apparently, he's a loner. He doesn't even mix with his colleagues at McLaren, or anyone involved in Formula One for that matter.

I don't really have a problem with Raikkonen, I just hate Ferrari. Raikkonen as a person though, he has no facial expression, nor a vocal one. He just doesn't seem to want it as much as Hamilton does. He's had a good season though...Even I'll admit that, and I hate Ferrari and anyone associated with them...With a passion.

I especially hated Schumacer. 2001 onwards until Alonso won the Championship was very, very dull indeed.