Hot Shot Wrestling

ZJ Penn

Show number eight for our little promotion sees 29 people umm…“cram” into our local park for ‘Dead Heat’

Dark Segment: Matt Wrestler Promo

It’s a high quality start which hopefully the show can move on from, as the demoted Matt Wrestler heads down to ringside with something to say…

Matt Wrestler – “I know, I know what you’re thinking. How can it possibly be that I, the companies only wrestler with amateur experience, is standing here, trying to big up my match with White Rain whilst people are still arriving? It is, quite frankly, a disgrace. Yeah I know that I haven’t been in the greatest of form in recent months, and I also realise that I might have said some things that I now regret in one way or another. The fact of the matter is that I was only trying to get to the top of this company by means I deemed necessary, and I am being punished for it. Being punished for trying to succeed? How on earth is that justified!? Nonetheless, it looks like it’s up to me to try and put things right, and show whoever is organising this shit what they’re missing. Hell, I damn near carried this company on my own for eight months and the man who finally takes the title wins after being drawn from a hat and returning from a four month suspension! White Rain, get out here, I gotta work this frustration out!!!”

(63% - A return to form for our “shoot fighter”, who’s showing signs of a face turn)

Matt Wrestler d. White Rain

It’s a highly intense affair, although still only comes in at ¾*, as Wrestler takes his built-up tension out on our masked pinball. Matt is actually unimpressive for the first few minutes of the bout, as he is unable to catch the ‘quicker than a hiccup’ White Rain, who capitalises with the standard Dropkicks and flying clotheslines that make up any high fliers arsenal. The turn in the tide is always coming though, after Wrestler is able to crotch Rain on the top rope, and then knocks the wind out of him with top rope belly-to-belly suplex. Even though a pinfall is likely at any time, Wrestler continues his show of vicious frustration, some high impact moves following including three consecutive German Suplexes, a Piledriver and his patented Bridging Back Suplex for the clean three count in a largely dominant showing. Afterwards Wrestler still doesn’t celebrate with the crowd or shake the hand of his opponent, nor does he beat him down, opting to head straight home instead.

(51, 32, 70)

Promo – Johnny Knight

Johnny Knight – “All right everybody, as I’m sure you are all aware, last month I lost my Hot Shot Championship to Doug L. Entendre after Quinton Tresting interfered in our Last Man Standing match. Yeah I am man enough to accept the fact, that yes…I lost. Since then, I have had literally tens of people come up to me in the street, the gym, the supermarket or wherever, all asking me the same question. They ask me ‘I bet you regret making that Hot Lottery event now huh?’ which is understandable. I created that event knowing full well that I didn’t know what would happen and there was the very real possibility that I could lose my title. However, asking me if I regret it? Not one bit. Ya see, I was a fighting champion, and if nothing else, that’s how I’d like to be remembered. However, the one problem that I do have with last month, is not how I lost the belt, it’s more…who I lost it to.” (Crowd boo at Doug L. Entendre being mentioned) “What I think, is that Doug won’t be the fighting champion that I tried to be. He won’t give chances to people on the roster who are usually overlooked. He also won’t use the power that comes with being the Hot Shot of the company responsibly. But most importantly, I fear that we may be in for a torrent of Entendre Vs Quinton Tresting title matches like this company has never seen. So what I’m out here for Doug is to challenge you…to a rematch! I know in most companies the champion losing the belt and getting a rematch is a formality, but not in this company. So Doug, how about you get out here and be man enough to accept my challenge!?”

(76%)

Doug L. Entendre & Quinton Tresting Respond

It doesn’t take long to get an answer, as he is soon joined in the ring by both the champion Doug L. Entendre and his new lackey Quinton Tresting.

Doug L. Entendre – “So, the great Johnny Knight has finally fallen, fallen from his perch and surprise, surprise is too dumb to let it go, go home and give it up. While you pranced around like you owned the place, I watched from afar. I bided my time during my suspension and then struck you from behind like nothing ever has before. I surprised you alright, and I took the title belt for my own. Now it isn’t you going round all high and mighty anymore is it? It’s me! ‘Doug L. Entendre and Quinton Tresting, the rulers of Hot Shot Wrestling’ has a nice ring to it I think. Now you come out here and demand some kind of rematch! Well I don’t know about that, but how about this. If you can beat Quinton Tresting in this ring right now, I’ll give you that title match later tonight? So, think you can run the gauntlet?” (Knight nods his head in approval, anticipating the prospect of getting his title back) “Well remember to bring your a-game; because we won’t let up for a second, we’ll bring pain via first post…the post that hurts the most. Why? Because we are quite simply…First Class!

(52% - Not quite what I’d hoped for, but what can you do?)

Johnny Knight Vs Quinton Tresting (Gauntlet Match)

The gauntlet match was without a shadow of a doubt the best of the night, coming in at *1/2. With brawling not really a large aspect of Tresting’s fairly limited repertoire, the bout interchanges between shows of technical submission holds and daredevil high flying, although that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Tresting does try to put the match off at first though, by pointing out that it is actually impossible to see any man made structures from the moon with the naked eye, but Knight isn’t interested, naturally. Quinton shows that he can work at the top level (well, our top level anyway) thanks to being able to keep tempo with Knight for the greatest aspect on the show in terms of pure work rate. He also nearly upsets the champion on a few occasions, a roll-up with the tights is spotted before a pinfall is counted and Johnny powers out of the pin after Quinton hits him with slightly sloppy Tiger Suplex. In the end it’s the former champion who is able to come through and earn the rematch for his title with Doug L. Entendre, getting the clean submission with the Triangle Choke after Tresting fucks up a top rope legdrop. Afterwards we see the current champion Entendre head to the ring to try and get yet another early advantage on Knight, but he’s anticipated the assault and ducks his clothesline before firing off stiff left hands (He’s a southpaw, grrr) to both men that send First Class running for cover to the back.

(61, 49, 74)

Lutricia & Doberman Promo

Arguably HSW’s most sadistic duo are the next to get to the ring, as Lutricia has something to say ahead of Doberman’s clash with Hugh Lose.

Lutricia – “I guess it’s time for the match you’ve all being waiting for, the clash of HSW’s only men with multiple month winning streaks left intact, as my Doberman faces Hugh Lose. Well quite frankly, I think it is pathetic. A few months ago we were involved with the first ever title match in this promotion. Now we’re going against this guy we’ve barely heard of, Hugh Loser, for no reward whatsoever. Sure it’s another notch on the chalkboard, but we ain’t about streaks, we’re about being the best, the champion. Heck, I could beat this Hugh guy myself without Dobermans help, just showing how far above him we are. In fact, get out here Hugh Loser; I’m changing this match to me…against you!”

(46%)

Hugh Lose Vs Lutricia w/Doberman

DUD. Although I did kind of expect that when I put the match together, considering that Lutricia is not over and can’t wrestle. Its WWE style build for a bigger match next month though don’t ya know. Hugh hits the ring and looks quite puzzled at how this is going to work, being a face meaning that he can’t hit women, obviously. The dilemma is quickly solved for him though straight after the bell rings mind, as Doberman enters the ring over the top rope behind Lose and delivers a sickening short arm lariat to the back of his head, calling for the instant DQ from referee Johnny Guy. That’s far from the end of the attack though, as Doberman scoops him up high…and delivers a massive Human Nature Powerbomb. And another! Lutricia also has time to put a few boots in on the fan favourite before she and her monstrous ally are convinced to leave the ring by the official. Will this have ramifications next month? Quite possibly.

(39, 32, 46)

Doug L. Entendre Vs Johnny Knight (Hot Shot Championship)

It’s time for the main event, the big one, the title match. It’s the rematch to Hot Shot Wrestling’s biggest bout of all time…and all it gets is a measly ¾*. Which whilst not that bad for a promotion in our position, I was honestly expecting a touch better. Its ‘classic’ face Vs heel action, as Knight dominates the first part of the match by outwrestling and out-brawling his rival, who gets the comeback when he is able to position himself out of the referee’s sight and hit a low blow to the former champion. This is more than enough to keep the challenger on the canvas which Entendre takes advantage of, working the right leg with a variety of elbow drops, stomps and submissions, including the Figure Four. It’s going to take more than an aging 58 year olds finishing move to put our most popular worker away than that though, as he somehow finds the strength to turn the hold over. In true Shawn Michael’s fashion, Knight is able to sell the injury like he’s been shot, but still bounce around the ring delivering back body drops and scoop slams all the same. Then comes the moment of truth though as out of nowhere Entendre is able to cradle him up with the Small Package! 1…2…No! Knight becomes the first man to reverse that type of pin in HSW history, although Entendre easily kicks out. This is more than enough to piss off the champ, who charges with at him with a clothesline, but Knight moves and the referee goes down! Knight hits him with the Starlight…but there’s no referee! Then surprise, surprise, we see Quinton Tresting, the other half of First Class head to the ring. He stalks the man who defeated him earlier in the night from behind, before dropping him with a Brain Training Enziguri and drags Entendre over for the cover. The referee comes around eventually and counts…

One…

Two…

Kick-out!!!

Both of First Class can’t believe it as the 29 strong crowd run wild, although their cheers are soon stamped out as Knight is out on his feet and Doug remains cool, calm and collected to hit the Tiger Driver ‘69’ and the pin. Entendre retains cheaply, in a solid encounter. First Class aren’t done though, scraping Johnny back up and tossing him to the outside, as it looks like Entendre has something to say…

(59, 51, 67)

Doug L. Entendre Promo

It’s a short and not very sweet effort from the man who is still our champion, as he verbally beats down Knight, telling him that the title defence was easy, and that he did it all by himself. He ‘warns’ Knight that he is welcome to try and have another go at him next month, if he’s up to the challenge of a completely fair one-on-one match with HSW’s best athlete. The swine.

(47% - Gasp, he’s the champion too :ohwell:)

Best Match – Johnny Knight defeats Quinton Tresting in a Gauntlet Match

Best Promo – Johnny Knight challenges Entendre for a rematch

Worst Match – Hugh Lose beats Lutricia by DQ. What a surprise

Worst Promo – Lutricia reveals she’ll face Hugh Lose instead of Doberman

Attendance – 29 People

Overall Comments: It’s a bit of a duffer tonight at 53%, although I was impressed with the general standard of matches tonight, which is usually our main weakness. Now people are slowly getting over, the match quality is actually starting to get complimented by the fan reaction. Oddly, it seemed the promos were generally the things that let us down. I knew I shouldn’t have put Matt Wrestlers promo as the dark segment but there you go. Obviously the Hugh Lose – Lutricia match complimented our poor rating too, which was expected. We did however break the attendance record once more at 29; hopefully we should break the 30 barrier next month. The event saw PI reach an all-time high at 45%, yet financially we are crippled. The title belt also rose to 46 in image, meaning that only Matt Wrestler and Johnny Knight are as over as or more popular than it. Still, I’ve had no warning that the fans aren’t buying Entendre as champion, so it’s not really a concern.

- Given that September’s event was on the last day of the month, I expected to see a mound of feedback and news on the first of October. This wasn’t the case, as the only news regarding us would be the fact our PI is steadily increasing and we face crippling debts. Then there was the overness report. Johnny Knight is now about as over as some WWE development talent, which is quite good considering. He is followed by Hugh Lose (35%) and White Rain (24%) in terms of faces. Matt Wrestler is still No.1 heel on 46% over, although is threatened to be overtaken by Doug L. Entendre soon, he is on 42%. Other notable rises include Doberman (38%) and Quinton Tresting (37%), whilst Lutricia finally broke the 20% mark. Oh, and Matt Wrestler tried to increase his wage demands by 10% as he thought he was being underpaid, which was fine considering that he is only paid $5,000 a month anyway and so the $500 increase meant that it stayed on $5,000, as EWR only works in thousands. Great. Other news saw the standard retirements, as well some big names announcing they would be gone from the industry by November. These were Jim Cornette from TNA, Carlos Colon Sr. from WWC and to a lesser extent John Zandig from CZW. Wrestling Society X also managed to grab a new TV show on Thursdays, whilst IWA Mid-South capped off a troubled few months by going bankrupt. Meaning we are now the #29 promotion in North America, Canada and Mexico by default. Back with HSW, we decided to bump our advertising up to 3% in a bid to get out of the hellhole that is backyard level, despite the big costs.

- In big news though, we were able to finally find a road agent who would work for us. Brent Crockett costs nearly as much as one worker, but if he can help put matches together more solidly and prevent any rehabbing, he’ll be worth every dime. Unfortunately, then came a big bad mother-fucker piece of news. Sunday 21 October and the ‘Incident’ box appeared. Clicking this brought up the news that Hugh Lose was injured. At first glance this was almost ideal. I’d been looking for a new slot in which to push a new talent, whilst his brutal beating at the hands of Doberman last month gave me a ready built excuse. However, when I looked it up…“Knee Injury, 16 Months”. Christ on a bike that’s annoying, as he was one of the few who had signed long term deals, was quite talented and in line for a big push, although that isn’t going to come now obviously. Instead we had to release him from his current deal, and go on the lookout for a replacement talent (see below). Also, TNA signed Mikey of Spirit Squad fame, the guy who played Disco Inferno and Sean Waltman to written deals.

After what was a relatively quiet month minus the massive injury that forced Hugh Lose off of the Hot Shot Wrestling roster, we still had to come up with a show that followed on from last month but encompassed the loss of a known character. To try and make up for the hole in the roster, I had to look out into the realms of the unemployed. Truth be told, we had already looked really closely at a guy named Jake O’Reilly, who’d even gone as far as to agree an open contract with us for a few dates. The debut never transpired though, and it’ll simply be a case of what could have been, as we agreed to part by mutual consent. Instead we finally decided to give four (!) separate workers a chance, although only one would debut at this months show. The first signing was a good high flyer, and had a degree of charisma. At only nineteen we found it a touch strange he only wanted to work as a non-wrestler, but seeing as we only ran monthly events it wasn’t too bad for now. He originally worked under the name of Rush, but I’ll keep his new moniker a surprise for now. The second hiring was a man who was named Anthony Bartlett, but will now work under the name of Danny Southern. He’s currently twenty years old, so it’s pretty impressive to see he has a menacing superstar look, not to mention skills as an announcer and booker, as well as that general cool factor. A real blue chipper, he also has the size that wouldn’t look out of place on WWE TV in a few years time. Finally we signed two guys who had been fairly big players in the recently bankrupted IWA: Mid-South over the last few months as a tag team, and before that had appeared for UWA too. They are without doubt our biggest signing to date, now we just to find that niche for them, which probably won’t come for a few months yet at least. Both are great all rounders in the ring, although one of them in particular carries the promos, yet both will work for $4,000 a month. Stay tuned for their debut. Onto “Feel the Burn” now, here’s the card…

Main Event: Doug L. Entendre Vs Johnny Knight??? (Hot Shot Championship) – A month ago Entendre told Knight after an assault from First Class that he was welcome to challenge him again, but to remember that he calls the shots now. While it clearly will be far from a fair fight, will Johnny still have the confidence to step up to the plate?

Doberman w/Lutricia Vs White Rain – Last month the masked 6’8” monster unceremoniously dumped Hugh Lose out of HSW during the peak of his time here after a brutal ambush. Will he be looking to do the same here tonight against White Rain? Don’t bet against it.

Dark Match: Quinton Tresting Vs White Rain – The new jobber of HSW is pulling double duty tonight, as he opens the show as the stragglers arrive, against one half of First Class and one of HSW’s hottest rising stars, Quinton Tresting.

It’s time for “Feel the Burn” now, as a record breaking 32 fans gather round the ring for a potential title match, a chance to see Doberman maybe injure another wrestler and unbeknownst to them…the debut of a new worker…

Dark Match: Quinton Tresting d. White Rain

At ¾* in rating, the dark match is by proxy the joint best match on the card tonight, although on a night of story advancement, debuts and mainly promos, that’s not too bad. Given that the two are pretty similar in ring styles, it wasn’t that the match quality was poor…just no-one gave a fuck, which is what a win over White Rain seems to mean these days. Still, some enjoyable few spots scattered in there, such as when Rain hit a Hurrancanrana off of the ring apron to the outside. Obviously Tresting gets the win in a heel fashion, and seeing as it’s a dark match we decided it wouldn’t really matter that we went with the highly uninventive feet on the ropes after a roll-up route. Quinton celebrates afterwards to boos from the crowd who have nearly all arrived.

(50, 30, 71)

Lutricia Promo for Doberman

With seemingly everyone seated in the crowd, it’s time for the first promo of the night, as Doberman and his manager Lutricia hit the ring with something to say…

(The crowd are already booing incessantly at the duo, with some sporadic chants of ‘Hugh Lose’ going up amongst the hardcore fans, lead by one decidedly odd-looking one)

Lutricia – “Hey, how about you shut up and let me get a word in, because I got something to say!” (More booing) “It’s alright we get it. You’re all just upset cause you’re pathetic little loser Hugh Lose couldn’t handle it in the ring with Doberman and me. By the way, have you heard the latest? It’s a damaged knee, a broken arm, three shattered ribs and an injured neck. Apparently the doctors say he won’t even be walking for well over a year, let alone wrestling, so those of you who came here to see a bit of revenge…well, you’re a touch outta luck, so I suggest you just sit back down and be glad you didn’t pay for your fucking tickets OK?! Anyhow, that’s the end of Hugh Loser and his supposed win streak in Hot Shot Wrestling and as far as tonight goes, I think it’s time we saw the end of White Rain too!”

(47% - Another decidedly average bit of wordplay from the gruesome twosome)

Brent Crockett Says: “Lutricia probably gained the most overness from this, but Doberman benefited from having an adequate mouthpiece too.”

Doberman w/Lutricia d. White Rain

A slightly visibly nervous looking White Rain finally heads to the ring only minutes after his dark match loss, conveying to the crowd the possibility that he might become the next ‘Hugh Lose’ if he isn’t on his game tonight.. As expected it is a one sided match, that comes in rated at ¼*. Rain does manage to take the initial advantage in the bout after some mix-up between his opponent and his manager. However, despite trying to capitalise with some high risk moves from the top rope, it all goes wrong when Doberman catches a flying cross body block and drops him with a Fallaway Slam. From then on it’s all in favour of the heel, whose unstoppable power doesn’t give White Rain a route back into the bout. A delayed vertical suplex, a running Powerslam and a Chokeslam later, Doberman has him set up perfectly for the now devastating Human Nature and a three count. The post match sees Lutricia climb into the ring and seemingly tell Doberman to do exactly what he did to Hugh Lose – to White Rain. Things don’t quite go to plan though, as before he can get hold of Rain…

(47, 29, 35)

Bah Gawd Almighty…Who’s this?!

…the aforementioned odd-looking member of the crowd bearing a Hugh Lose sign leaps out of his seat and into the ring to cheers from the crowd! Doberman and his manageress take one look at this guy, and the big man attacks. The fan shows that he’s more than just a member of the public though, as he easily ducks the sluggish punch and fires back with some right hands and a dropkick that knocks Doberman over the top rope and out of the ring! He parades around the ring showing off the Hugh Lose banner and getting the crowd going, before beginning to say something…

??? – “Last month, I and many others, sat back in those seats right there, and watched you decimate one of our most popular wrestlers in this company. We watched you beat him up so badly that at the moment he can’t even walk and probably won’t wrestle till 2009. We all let you get away with taking 16 months of a mans life and career away from him, and now you expect us to do the same as you assault White Rain in the same manner?! Not on my watch. I’m sick of standing around watching the big guys in this business beat up on the little man, so I’m here to make a difference. How about it Doberman? You and I, one-on-one…right now!!!” (Doberman nods on the outside even though Lutricia is trying to pull him away) “Oh and one more thing, doesn’t matter whether you happen to see this or not. Hugh Lose…you rock…says Hugh Rock!!!”

(45%)

Brent Crockett Says: “Crowd were a bit stunned at seeing a supposed fan leap into the ring and fight Doberman, but he still benefited from it, overness up.”

Doberman Vs Hugh Rock

In one of HSW’s shortest ever matches, the rating is little more than a dud at ¼*. The fans are still struggling to care about a man who debuted a few minutes ago, while Doberman is hardly polished inside the ring. In the few minutes this match does go for, Doberman begins to have the advantage as they go toe-to-toe in a slugfest that the masked giant cannot lose, but then loses the momentum soon after. With Hugh Rock seemingly down, Doberman scoops him up off the mat, but his opponent manages to turn his attempt at a Human Nature Powerbomb into a Hurrancanrana that sends Doberman to the outside! The momentum is clearly with Rock now, who capitalises with a high risk plancha over the top rope that connects, and then a Superkick. The match then swings back and forth on the outside as they continue to beat on one another, and eventually the referee calls for the bell. It’s a double count-out, but that doesn’t seem to bother them, as they carry on brawling in around the crowd, and then disappear out of our sight. It looks like they haven’t solved their dispute by any means yet.

(46, 27, 66)

Doug L. Entendre Promo

With the end of the show fast approaching, it was time to find out what would happen in the main event. Doug L. Entendre is the first to head to the ring, followed by boos…

Doug L. Entendre – “Hello and good evening everybody! Well, I guess now is the time to find out just how much of a man Johnny Knight, the former champion is. Now last month I told him he was welcome to try and challenge me in the ring in yet another 100% fair match-up, and the offer still stands. The question is, will Johnny be able to answer me tonight or has he finally realised that his time has passed? Although, I will fully understand if he is unable to come out here tonight, after the unimaginable punishing in the ring I gave him last month!” (The crowd groans as they realise that his original gimmick is still with him since his rehab return…and not just in name form) “What’s your answer then Knight, how about it how about it?”

(The crowd get to their feet in some form or other as the former champion Johnny Knight heads to the ring, still looking a bit off from last weeks beat down at the hands of First Class)

Johnny Knight – “You know Doug, after last month when you made me run the gauntlet, then got your butt-buddy Quinton to blindside me in our match, I sat at home and I got thinking. Ya see I knew that the offer of a title match was on the table for me tonight, as long as I was ‘man enough’ to accept it. But then I also knew that with a dishonourable champion like you calling the shots, it was never going to be fair, nor was it going to be a cakewalk like a singles match with you should be. So, I thought to myself, ‘How can I get around this and still come out on top?’ Hard as I tried, there wasn’t a way, but in the end I realised it doesn’t matter. A true champion fights and overcomes the odds, brings down the tyrants who oppress others and takes what’s rightfully his. So Doug, I guess my point is…I accept! You can throw what the hell you like at me, because at some point or another that belt is coming off your waist…and onto mine! Let’s do this!”

Doug L. Entendre – “Wow Mr. Knight, what an inspiring choice of words, I think I have something in my eye. It’s just a shame that you aren’t going to be able to cash those cheques that your mouth just wrote in the ring, because as far as our match tonight goes…I’m adding a little stipulation.” (The crowd boos as it sees Quinton Tresting head to the ring, turning his smoking jacket inside out to reveal some black and white stripes on the reverse side) “Oh that’s right! Tonight’s match is going to be…a special guest referee match!”

Quinton Tresting – “Oh and by the way, before we start I’d like to just say something. Over the last months I’ve educated people about the interesting points of the world…like the fact that raindrops are spherical, not tear-shaped. I’d just like to say that tonight I have been able to learn a very interesting fact myself that I’d like to share. That fact of the matter is that as a special referee, I promise I will try my hardest to ensure this is a fair and equal bout! I thank you!” (Crowd boos the snide comments)

(50% for Doug’s bits)

(82% for Johnny Knights bits. An awesome promo, by far our best to date)

(53% for Quinton Tresting’s bits)

Brent Crockett Says: “Crowd seemed to generally enjoy a mixed promo between arguably the company’s three hottest stars. Quinton and Johnny were on the best form here, both gaining overness.”

Doug L. Entendre Vs Johnny Knight (Hot Shot Championship, Special Guest Referee – Quinton Tresting)

Clearly this ¾* rated match is going to be nothing more than a handicap match from the off, and Knight is weary about entering the ring, but he finally enters the lions den. It begins and Quinton seems to hang back and is maybe even being a proper referee as the two actual competitors exchange some decent technical holds and counters on the mat. Knight being both the face and vastly superior in talent comes out on top naturally and takes the advantage. He shoots Entendre into the ropes for a back body drop, three consecutive clotheslines and a Spinebuster and the champion is down. Knight begins to stalk him for the Starlight, but forgets about the “referee”, who drops him from behind with a chops block. The two heels are booed for the large part now by the crowd as they again take the former champion apart with stomps and boots to the ribs. After a few minutes of a savage double team assault, the turnaround finally comes, as Doug L. Entendre heads off to the other side of the ring to taunt the crowd, leaving Quinton Tresting on his own. Knight takes full advantage of this as he ducks a right hand and hits the Starlight to the fans cheers! This causes Doug to think they’re cheering for him and responds with more posturing…and so doesn’t turn around when he feels a tapping on his shoulder, thinking its Tresting when it’s actually Johnny Knight! He finally spins around, furious that someone is getting in the way of his ‘moment’ with the fans…and walks straight into a stiff left hand! A scoop slam and a Double Arm DDT soon follow to put the champion down. Knight stalks him for what seems like an eternity…Starlight and Entendre is down!!! He makes the cover, but realising that the ‘referee’ is down, grabs hold of his hand and makes the count for him!

One!

Two!!

Three!!!

Knight is the champion once more! Or is he? While he parades around the ring once again with the belt in tow to adulation from the 32 in attendance, Quinton Tresting climbs to his feet and stops the champion in his tracks…

Quinton Tresting – “No! Stop celebrating, you lost! You lost! A pathetic has-been like you probably didn’t notice with your cataracts and everything, but while you tried to make that count with my hand like an asshole like you would…I signalled for the disqualification with my other hand! That’s right; I disqualified you for an attack on the referee! Now hand over the belt you cheat!”

The two continue fighting over the belt with neither man letting go, that is until Entendre cracks Knight over the head with a chair from ringside! He grabs his belt and puts it where ‘it rightfully belongs’. The two then pick up the unconscious Johnny Knight…and drop him again to the mat with their Double Brainbuster. Some more posturing from the duo gains some more heat before they head to the back. Doug L. Entendre retains the belt once more, albeit through the usual means of cheating.

(60, 53, 67)

Brent Crockett Says: “A nice tidy title match to finish the event. A touch more overness gained for the evil champion who increased his heat by making it a special ref match. The title is more respected now too.”

Best Match – Doug L. Entendre retains the title in a Special Guest Referee match

Best Promo – Johnny Knight’s parts of the three way promo

Worst Match – Doberman and Hugh Rock fight to a double count-out

Worst Promo – Hugh Rock attacks Doberman and challenges him

Attendance – 32 People

Overall Comments: It’s an improvement on last month’s sharp drop in rating, as the 54% scored moves us ever closer to eclipsing the rating scored by Hot Lottery of 57%. The title belt also gained in image, that’s now at 48 points of image. Finally we broke the attendance barrier of 30 though, scoring gates of 32. At $10 a ticket that would have only brought in $320 of revenue, still not worth charging just yet. Doug L. Entendre will now have held the belt for 3 months by our next event, making him the joint longest reigning Hot Shot Champion in history.