Driv3r

Guest The Real Deal

Guest The Real Deal

I got it today but my brother has it in my cousins, is the game actually any good?

Are you able to go round and like go on a killing spree like GTA and True Crime?

I rented it and it is the biggest pile of crap I've ever played. The game is just extremely bad looking. Tanner runs like a loser. He runs sideways (what the hell?) and the driving is pathetic. GTA is so much better than Driver that it isn't funny.

I don't know why people rip this game? Because you strafe shoot? So what? I rented the game this week, and I for one enjoyed it. And if you want to compare it to GTA...for one diffulculty factor is greater for a lot of missions. Driver also has a great story to it. Well decent enough..and one of the best in this game genre. And secondly I dont care what anyone says the graphics are amazing. The cutscene graphics are great...a little dark, but that kind of sets the low tone and mood.

And the gameplay is a lot more realistic then the likes of GTA or something even though I love that. So I for one liked riding around in Driver...and crashing into something better then I would riding around in GTA and crashing into something. I rented this with everyone saying it's bad, and came out pleasently surprised. And the way the guy walks, the side strafing..in many missions worked out for the better. So I really don't know how people were expecting him to run?

IMO, great game...more of a rental though. Because my guess is after you've beaten in, and driven around in Take a Ride and stuff, there really won't be much to do and you'll want to take it back. So it's most likely a rental...or a game that you'll eventually trade in. But it's truly not as bad as people make it out to be...such as Fitzy did.

Edited by Media 2.0

Guest Mr McFarlane

I hate people who call it a GTA ripoff, Since technically Driver did what GTA does now before GTA went third person

</pissed off old school hardcore gamer>

Guest The Real Deal

I just played it guys and so far im not impressed at all, I know his running pisses me off but well I'll get used to it. My wee brother hated it at the start and now he won't come off it. The graphics are amazing I guess its one of them games in which at the start you say sucks ass but once you get into it and through a few missions its brilliant.