dvd recorder

the gurn

hey im thinking about buying a dvd recorder only thing holding me back is the whole what dvd disc to buy to record on what problem is with me, i see theres 25 in a pack or 50 or 100 etc but then theres this number 4 x or 8 x or 16 x i have no idea what it means what which are the best dvd discs to get or if u can record on them then stop them while adverts are on then record again as u might guess i got no clue anyone help?

Edited by the gurn

The 4x, 8x, 16x is the speed that the disks can record at. I have used 2x disks before and had no problems so any speed should work.

It depends on the recorder as to what type to get, some prefer +R but some prefer -R. I would recommend getting a small 5-pack of a disk and testing it out on a recorder before buying a 100 pack.

Also, for DVD Recorders it might be a good idea to look at +RW or -RW so that you can rewrite over the disks over and over again.

now for the bit im confused about with dvd recorders can i buy any dvd-r dvd +r dvd-rw dvd rw+ (the recorder can record on both) discs or is there something needed on them? cause i will be getting a big stock and dont really wanna buy big stock of dvds that are useless for use anyone help me please?