Forbidden Siren 1 & 2

I've borrowed Forbidden Siren 1 and 2 from work and have started on the first.

For those who don't know they're Japanese horror games, I guess vaguely similar to Silent Hill or Resident Evil but seem to have their own Japanese slant with regards to the beasties, the surroundings and the feel of the game. Also you can "sightjack" meaning you can tune in to the eyes of those in the area around you which is useful when you're looking for an ally and pretty freaky when you jump into the eyes of a deranged enemy and see yourself across the screen as they start charging towards you.

Anyway I'm gonna play them as much as possible as so far I'm enjoying the concept but I won't be able to play them to the full amount I'd want to - I'd have to buy them and they'd cost me £9 each. Question is, are these games worth it and are they worth me spending my week playing them?

Yeah, at least for me. Next to the Silent Hill series, they're the best Japanese horror games I have played, and they have quite an unique feel of helplessness to them that not many other horror games can convey. They are (or at least were for me) hideously difficult to someone who's accustomed to say Resident Evil though, and the fact that even a single monster can very well fuck your day up in all sorts of interesting ways means that playing with a gun-ho attitude will result in nothing.