All my Childhood gaming experiences just got hit...

Herr Matzat

I thought it was well known, especially if you played Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES, that Lost Levels was planned to be the original 2 and once they found out it was way too hard, they quickly ported a game and refashioned it as the sequel.

Edited by ROC

Guest Basquiat

But before it was ported and had all of the Mario characters inserted, Mario 2 was called Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic. I defy you to come up with a more Japanese name for anything than that. Also, instead of a shell, you rolled a decapitated head into bad guys.

Mario 2 (the one most everyone knows) is considered by Miyamoto to be the true sequel. The Lost Levels were designed by a team that was not headed up by him, and predominantly as a quick cash in. He decided to switch his interest in changing Doki Doki Panic as a way to differentiate the gameplay, something they have done with just about every major Mario game in some way.

Guest Basquiat

But before it was ported and had all of the Mario characters inserted, Mario 2 was called Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic. I defy you to come up with a more Japanese name for anything than that. Also, instead of a shell, you rolled a decapitated head into bad guys.

Super Panty Shame Z. :shifty:

Because I want to play the original NES GFX for retro value, not some doped up remake, how dare them. >_>

Just got Tera f´n nigma for 5€ at ebay! I actually never played that game for some reason. :-X

Also got me Mario World 1+2 and Mario Kart for equaly no money. Paper Mario and Bad fur day for n64 are having fucking insane prices on ebay, will have to wait.

Guest clintcasey

All my Childhood gaming experiences just got hit...

I found out that the Super Mario 2 I played on NES wassent actually Super Mario 2… :crying:

Edited by clintcasey

Guest Zeokage

Because I want to play the original NES GFX for retro value, not some doped up remake, how dare them. >_>

Just got Tera f´n nigma for 5€ at ebay! I actually never played that game for some reason. :-X

Also got me Mario World 1+2 and Mario Kart for equaly no money. Paper Mario and Bad fur day for n64 are having fucking insane prices on ebay, will have to wait.