Games for a Mac

Guest starsaligned916

Guest starsaligned916

I recently got a Mac. Pretty solid machine: 120gb hard drive, 2gb ram, good graphics card. However, are a majority of computer games also made for a Mac? I got OOTP 2007 for the computer, but I was wondering if most mainstream games can also be found for Mac. I do know that I could add Windows to my Mac, but I'd like to avoid that.

every blizard game is AFAIK hybreed (PC and Mac version in one)

So you might even have some on your board with Warcracft, WOW, Diablo 1+2 or Starcraft.

I belive MS released Halo for Mac. The Fallout games should be around aswell.

http://www.insidemacgames.com/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

You can also install Windows on your Mac now, so if you want the system mainly for games, that would be a way to go.

I am thinking about getting a Mac in the future, as in advertising and design, they are the industry standard.

That’s why I said for work, and not as a hobby.

In that case you could come up with SNES and Mario Paint as well. But in a Job that’s just skills and knowledge that will not help you. You need to be able to be one with working on that system and with the required programs (not talking about gimp only at all, even big and good programs like Corel Draw are barley used) and you are not helping yourself when you constantly have to adjust to 3 systems. And a ton of programs. So let him have his Mac….

And besides, you do know that MacOS X basically is Linux, right? (well unix)

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

That’s why I said for work, and not as a hobby.

In that case you could come up with SNES and Mario Paint as well. But in a Job that’s just skills and knowledge that will not help you. You need to be able to be one with working on that system and with the required programs (not talking about gimp only at all, even big and good programs like Corel Draw are barley used) and you are not helping yourself when you constantly have to adjust to 3 systems. And a ton of programs. So let him have his Mac….

And besides, you do know that MacOS X basically is Linux, right? (well unix)

Edited by illmatic

it´s likly that Linux dos a hell of a lot less than MacOSX ;) And there is the big problem that there is no "Linux" you can get, there are like a million versions out there and every one works a bit differnt, plus they need to adjust to a ton of hardware (like win) which Mac do not need to... when it comes to being simple and "plug and play" type of function mac wins by a whide margin that aint funny anymore.... :-/

Not really Linux does alot more than Mac OSX, Linux is the most customizable OS out there, the only thing I would use a mac for is if I were in the business of doing something like GFX work or Audio/Video work, but i'm not at the moment so i'll stick with Linux as my main OS. For everything else id rather use Linux over Mac. And when it comes to using hardware with Linux you really dont have to do anything to get it to work it just works. When I installed Linux on my computer every piece of hardware work perfectly didn't have to do a damn thing to get it to work.

Edit:

Also on the point of their being their being many different distributions of Linux out there I wouldn't count that as a bad thing. I think thats one of the pluses of Linux, that their is a Linux out their for everyone.

Edited by illmatic