Carling Weekend Festival

Face Turn!~

Well, this weekend is for the Carling Weekend/Reading/Leeds, whatever you wanna call it. Whose going? And what you looking forward to see?

Im going Reading, am a little worried about the ground, as the majority of the campsites are now unusable due to the floods a few weeks back, but still, the weathers looking promising now for the event, so ho hum.

I've heard a lot of shit about the Line up too this year, but im quite pumped, im especially looking forward to seeing;

The Chilis

Kings of Leon

Smashing Pumpkins

Arcade Fire

Interpol

Biffy Clyro

Bloc Party (If the timing with Biffy works out)

Metronomy

Jamie T

CSS

Maxio Park

Hadouken

And Panic! At the Disco in the hope that they get bottled again.

Reading.

If I get to see everyone I want to this weekend, I could die quite happily. Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Arcade Fire, Chilis, Maximo Park, Scroobius Pip, !!!, Simon Amstell, New Young Pony Club, Kings Of Leon, Interpol, Jimmy Eat World (twice), The Used, LCD Soundsystem, The Young Knives, Brand New, Ash, Patrick Wolf, Battles, Lethal Bizzle, Ed Byrne, Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies.

I may have to take back what I said before about you then >_>

It's the strongest line-up I remember. I don't think there's a single slot where there isn't a great band on somewhere - to compensate for some horrible ones coughGossipcough.

I went 3 years ago - it was amazing. It had a varied line up, to give you an idea there was Hunred Reasons, Thrice, the Streets, Dizzee Rascal, the Roots, Jurassic 5, Roots Manuva, Lostprophets (before they were awful), 2 Many DJs, DJ Format, DJ Numark set, the Bronx, yourcodenameismilo, Graham Coxon, Bloc Party, Green Day (before they went rubbish) and there was a dance tent for 2 days.

I would have liked to see Bloc Party, Nine Inch Nails and the Smashing Pumpkins though. I saw Biffy about 3 months ago, so that's no loss. I saw Maximo Park in Newcastle just before the new album dropped as well. Razorlight are wank, and I haven't liked the Chilis for since Californication. I can't stand the likes of Jamie T, Lethal Bizzle and Hadouken either.

There's too many average emo and indie bands there for my liking, Glasto next year definately.

Edited by fineintent