Binary Star

OGpistolpete

I don't know if any of you have heard of them, except for maybe really hardcore rap/hip-hop fans who pay attention to the underground. They aren't around anymore, but it was a duo hip-hop group of two rappers/producers from Pontiac, Michigan that put out two fantastic albums from 1998-2000.

I'm not a hardcore rap fan what so ever, but seriously, these lines they are spitting out are insane. You guys have most likely heard better, but I really think they are amazing.

I uploaded my favorite song by them so you guys could all give them a listen, and hopefully download more of their songs.

RapidShare Download

This song is called 'Reality Check', and while it has a slow intro, the rapping starts at like 50 seconds into the song.

I have that album - Masters of the Universe - and it's absolutely great from top to bottom. I think my favourite song is Conquistadors. It's available as a free download, the entire album, on the website of either the group's original record label or the label that re-released it, I can't really remember.

One of the best and most underrated underground hip-hop groups ever. Masters of the Universe is a hidden masterpiece of hip-hop, and the nice thing is that One Be Lo's (formerly One Man Army) singles work is almost as good. But yeah, nothing will ever equal the work he did with Senim Silla. If these guys were together today, they'd be ruling hip-hop.

Also, Conquistadors is their best song, but KGB is a close second. "Ha ha, you lose!"

Edited by Heel Turn

I had only recently downloaded the album when I said Reality Check was my favorite song, but I think my new favorite is Conquistadors. KGB is good too, they are all good songs.

What's the thing he did with Senim Silla?

I was referring to Binary Star. It's made up of Lo and Senim as the primary MCs. Decompoze, Malakai, and a bunch of others are featured, though.