Superliga

Green Demon

Not sure if anyone really cares but the first Superliga final is about to end which is a tournament between the best teams from the top divison in Mexico and the MLS, it really has been a great game even though the Galaxy who have sucked in the MLS are playing. Beckham got hurt again and left before halftime and the Galaxy had a number of chances to score throughout the secound half after going down on an own goal. Anyways easily the highlight of the game if not the highlight of the Galaxy's season was Chris Klien hitting a bicycle kick to tie the game just before the final whistle. You can see it here on the front page of the MLS website: MLS

Nobody scored in Extra Time so the game went to PK's and Pachuca came away with the win after one extra frame in the shootout. Either way it was a much better game then I expected from the Galaxy and they actually represented the MLS well against what I would say was a better team. Oh yeah Donavon missed the PK that would have won the game if he would have hit.

Edited by Green Demon

Yeah I didnt really expect much from the games since it was before the beginning of the Mexican league season, so those teams were basically just getting thier stuff together. But from what I did catch of the games they were pretty entertaing and along with that the MLS did alot better then I expect them to do so for me that was good to see.

Guest Ringmaster

Gotta love Frank Yallop in the post game conference. That's a Canadian for you :shifty:

"The guys are (expletive) knackered, to be honest," Yallop said. "That's the truth, but we kept going. They're (expletive)."

"All the crap that we've (expletive) been through, I'm telling you, it's been difficult to (expletive) deal with. Sorry to swear, but it's been hard. It makes me proud of them."

Yeah I heard that Klinsman may be the person that is going to take over since he lives in southern California and wouldnt have to commute to far for the job. Along with that he would probably have some pull over Beckham so that he could make him sit rather then play him every game like Yallop has right after the International friendlies recently.