Skate

Fanku Kaibutsu

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The YouTube comments would suggest that it works on 360 too.

I did it earlier, on 360. Try to do it closer towards the middle of the gate, so your guy goes through the hole. Don't know how much that helps but it took me a few tries earlier too, and it worked better when I was in the middle.

Not to much out there, but you can go down to the area where you do party play mode. (Which I didn't find out until I had like 30 secs left)

ok, so glitches and all aside, can those who have had the chance to play the demo let us know how it plays?

is it similar to the original? is it worth a buy?

i dont have live i cant get the demo :(

Why... wouldn't it be similar to the original? It plays the exact same, there's a few new features like handplants, and the location is obviously altered.

Anyway, seems worth a pick-up after the demo. I found it funny that in the IGN review, the guy bitched about the ability to go straight to goals as opposed to skating to them in the original Skate and how that cuts down on one's ability to explore. It's not like you HAVE TO use the new feature of going directly to goals. Durrr.

Edited by Wills of Jericho

well it isnt exactly uncommon for sequels to suck for either a)straying from the original formula, or b)being too similar to the original.

anyways, JB Hi Fi near me has broken street date so ill be playing the game in t minus 3 hours...woo!

..so what exactly is the 'right' thing to do in terms of a sequel? :huh:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

yeah exactly...dont get me wrong im not whinging and complaining that all sequels suck because they dont...they just can. I mean...i get alot of hate for this from my mates but...Halo 3 is halo one with prettier graphics, really. no difference whatsoever.

Anyway, having put in a couple of hours on skate 2...its great. I spent literally an hour just tryingto get footy that made me wow in the school challenge with the two dumpsters. I love the openness of the majority of challenges it really encourages the more creative side of skating which is fantastic because skateboarding is in essence an atrtform not a sport.

Loving it so far.