Screen Capture

Ok, I know the 'cntrl + print screen' deal to get an image ... but what about if I'm playing a DVD on Windows Media Player ?

I do the cntrl/ps thing, and when I open to edit it .... the picture just isn't right. It shows up but it doesn't work like a normal screen capture. I tried to open it in Paint but when I drag that 'white box' down it goes over the image from Windows Media Player that I'm tring to take ... when I tried to do something in Photoshop, it just saved a black box rather than the image .........

what to do ? :ohwell:

Go under Tools > Options in WMP, and then under Options select the Performance Tab. You should see a button that says "Advanced", click that and then when the next screen pops up, you should see two checkboxes (checked in) that say "Use Overlays"-- one under Video Acceleration, and another under DVD Video. You can uncheck both, but for your case, you only need to uncheck the one under DVD Video I believe.

Once you have them unchecked click OK, and then you should be able to take screenshots of the videos like normal.