NRL 2008 Thread

draggx

alright Guys its offical the NRL Preseason Is underway.. trials start this weekend.. the Coach Merry Go round is underway and rumors are in full swing..

BRING ON 08

----------------------

Predictions?

Grand final - Broncos Vs Rabbits - Broncos Win

TOP8

Brisbane

Melbourne

Cowboys

Warriors

Raiders

Rabbits

Bulldogs

Dragons

Wooden Spoon... panthers second in a row

---------

Where will bennet go? im hoping superleague

Who will coach brisbane? Ivan Henjak is my guess with alfie langer as assitant

Which Clubs will sack their coaches to chase bennet? Cowboys,Doggys,Dragons

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for this season. I'm pulling for the Rabbits to go a tad futher this year. But last year was pretty good for us!

I got to experience, first hand the Roosters pre-season. They came up to Port Macqaurie on Friday night and had a trial match against three local teams, Dungatti, Port Macquarie and my team the Wauchope Blues. Each team got 30mins against the Roosters. Dungatti got a 48-0 thrashing, we got rolled 22-0 which was a good effort we held them out for 15mins until they scored in the corner. They can't hit so hard it's not funny. I was play 5/8 and got smashed everytime i had the ball. It was a buzz thou. Port Macquarie got rolled 28-4, they scored a lucky try in the corner of a dropped ball or something but it was good to see a loacl side score.

All the Rooster boys where nice and willing to talk to everyone, i had a chat with Big Willie, Nat Miles, Fitzy, Freddy, Amos Roberts, Shilington, Mini and a few of the Under 20's. All the kids/everybody there (over 5,00 people) were going nuts for Willie, he was good he signed so many autographs, got photo's, talked to fans, he seemed to enjoy it alot! All in all it was a great night. And we got to see first hand how fit they are and how much faster the NRL is cause i was rooted!

Lol, that was in the first match. It was the Dungatti team, they are... ah, how do i put this? They are an all Aboriginal team (not that i have anything against Aboriginals) I am pretty sure this is their first year back in the comp after getting kicked out for fighting and what not when they were the Gimpysy Warriors. Our game was clean and fuck trying to fight them, they are HUGE! The dude that was in the fight got smashed it was piss funny.

• 4 weeks later...

A few questionable calls, and a questionable lack of them at times in the Souths/Roosters game. The ref called one or two forward passes, but apparently decided not to bother after that. If I had a dollar for every time the Roosters were off-side...

And you can't tell me that tackle on Craig Wing was fair. He was tackled, and the other guy came in late. That's a penalty. Did we get it?

If you guessed "no", you win the Rooster's sense of fair play. They're not using it... <_<

Under the rules, it's not a penalty, though I reckon it should be. If the player can't move or offload you shouldn't be allowed to bring a third man into the tackle like that as it just increases the risk of injury, especially if it's into the back.

Souths were well and truly outplayed though, but the best team on the night was easily the Titans, who surprised me at how well they played against the Cowboys. Also knew they had it in the forwards (with both Bailey and Laffranchi who do awesome week in, week out at club level) but quite a few of their backs (apart from the likes of Rogers, Campbell, Prince) were no-names who performed brilliantly.