"A tradition unlike any other"

sahyder1

Golf Poll  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to root for one who would it be.....

• Tiger Woods
    • Phil Mickelson
  2. 2. Who wins the Masters?

• Tiger Woods
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Geoff Ogilvy
    • Retief Goosen
    • Vijay Singh
    • Angel Cabrera
    • Zach Johnson
    • Ernie Els
    • Mike Weir
    • Other
  3. 3. How many Major Tournaments will Tiger win this year?

In a year when many are picking him to win the Grand Slam Tiger Woods began his quest with an even par 72 today in the first round. Who are you guys rooting for? Ever since Duval dropped off the map I've continued to be a big fan of the two lefties, Mickelson and Weir. When all is said and done this weekend I think Mickelson walks away with the Green Jacket.

As good as Tigers has been this year there is no way I can pick him to win the Grand Slam. The competition today is just too deep. I can actually see a scenario where he wins none of the 4 major championships this year. The fields seem to get deeper every year. Ogilvy is playing really well right now. Goosen has putted really well the past couple of tournaments. As much as I despise him Vijay is always a threat. Want a long shot? How about Aaron Baddeley, arguably one of the best putters on the tour. People have been talking about Justin Rose for a couple of years and even though he really hasn't made much noise he was the only guy not named Tiger to finish in the Top 12 at all 4 events last year. Weir has won here. Couples is always a threat here. I haven't even begun to talk about the other 3 events yet.

Edited by sahyder1

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Weir's a great guy, but it's obvious that he'll never been performing at 2003 levels again. This is at least the third straight year he's gone into saying "I've finally dealt with all my problems, my health's fine, I'll be back at the top of my game"...yeah, not so much. You want a real Canadian, go with Stephen Ames.

I do have to admit, though, the one thing I love about the Masters - looking at the leaderboard and exclaiming "I completely forgot about that guy!". Look, there's Craig Stadler! Jose Maria Olazabal! LARRY MIZE! Mark O'Meara somehow under par! And so on!

Edited by Mr. Potato Head

Weir's a great guy, but it's obvious that he'll never been performing at 2003 levels again. This is at least the third straight year he's gone into saying "I've finally dealt with all my problems, my health's fine, I'll be back at the top of my game"...yeah, not so much. You want a real Canadian, go with Stephen Ames.

I do have to admit, though, the one thing I love about the Masters - looking at the leaderboard and exclaiming "I completely forgot about that guy!". Look, there's Craig Stadler! Jose Maria Olazabal! LARRY MIZE! Mark O'Meara somehow under par! And so on!

Agree, somehow or another guys who aren't really big threats elsewhere do make a run here. Just look at Couples track record here. Damn, Mark O'Meara won in '98? Doesn't feel that long to me. I remember how pissed I was at the time because Duval had his shot to win there and couldn't pull it out. Plus speaking of guys coming out of no where....Jack Nicklaus finished tied for 6th that year.....2 shots ahead of Tiger.

I threw Weir and Zach Johnson on the poll being the 2 non Tiger/Phil guys to have won in recent years.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Agree, somehow or another guys who aren't really big threats elsewhere do make a run here. Just look at Couples track record here. Damn, Mark O'Meara won in '98? Doesn't feel that long to me. I remember how pissed I was at the time because Duval had his shot to win there and couldn't pull it out. Plus speaking of guys coming out of no where....Jack Nicklaus finished tied for 6th that year.....2 shots ahead of Tiger.

I threw Weir and Zach Johnson on the poll being the 2 non Tiger/Phil guys to have won in recent years.

Well, in the case of the Couples/Nickulas old guys, it's not that they up their game for the Masters as much as it is that, Seniors tour nonwithstanding, it's all they do all year. :P