Anchorman.....2?

YI

from the IMDB news page thingy:

Will Ferrell is set to return as 1970s newsman Ron Burgundy in a sequel to hit comedy Anchorman. Director Adam McKay announced his plans for a second Anchorman film during an interview with website Collider.com over the weekend. He revealed, "Will and I are like, 'Let's do Anchorman 2,' so you're talking, like, in two years, maybe we'll do it. But we're going to do it, for sure. We're dying to do it." McKay insists the only thing that will scupper sequel plans will be if he and Ferrell cannot bring the original cast back. He adds, "That's always kind of a tricky thing. But, I think, with that cast we're all friends, so yeah, we want to do it."

...I don't really know...Anchorman was THE quotable film for our generation, no doubt about it...it doesn't need a sequel...and if it's shit...then it might kind of ruin to first. :(

from the IMDB news page thingy:

Will Ferrell is set to return as 1970s newsman Ron Burgundy in a sequel to hit comedy Anchorman. Director Adam McKay announced his plans for a second Anchorman film during an interview with website Collider.com over the weekend. He revealed, "Will and I are like, 'Let's do Anchorman 2,' so you're talking, like, in two years, maybe we'll do it. But we're going to do it, for sure. We're dying to do it." McKay insists the only thing that will scupper sequel plans will be if he and Ferrell cannot bring the original cast back. He adds, "That's always kind of a tricky thing. But, I think, with that cast we're all friends, so yeah, we want to do it."

...I don't really know...Anchorman was THE quotable film for our generation, no doubt about it...it doesn't need a sequel...and if it's shit...then it might kind of ruin to first. :(

That's true. Anchorman is a classic. If they do make a sequel, I hope it doesn't suck. It doesn't need a sequel, though.

So long as they get the original cast it **might** work, despite people praising the script, it was the delivery that made it more quotable, it's why so many other Apatow films just aren't as funny, the cast isn't in sync (though there's no doubting the script was great too). I'll look forward to it with baited breath if it does happen.

Come on, how could you not enjoy the cougar in the car?

It had certain funny parts, but for the most part is was crap. The best part (where his dad finally comes to get the tickets, thwen promptly scalps them) got no laughs when I saw it, but people were all over the over the top crap.