2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being Colorado must suck. Your not an awful team but your playoff hopes are almost gone and you are at the bottom of the conference. However, since the East has the worse teams, they probably won't end up with a top 5 pick.

After the first period, I thought the Thrashers were going to dominate them, but they battled back and almost got the game to overtime.

Being Colorado must suck. Your not an awful team but your playoff hopes are almost gone and you are at the bottom of the conference. However, since the East has the worse teams, they probably won't end up with a top 5 pick.

After the first period, I thought the Thrashers were going to dominate them, but they battled back and almost got the game to overtime.

Last time I checked though, Colorado, despite being 15th in the conference, was still less than 10 points out of 8th place.

No one in the West is "out of it" yet.

For anyone that's interested Mark Bell was picked up on waivers by the New York Rangers. So now we only take on half of his salary until the end of the season. Hope he does well on his new team, he deserves the chance to play in the NHL.

I also just found out today that it's actually in the Sedin's contract that they HAVE to play together. That's a little bit odd.

I also just found out today that it's actually in the Sedin's contract that they HAVE to play together. That's a little bit odd.

Reggie Dunlop would like to know why they brought their fucking toys as well.

If they want to play on a contending team next season, they're going to have to take a paycut, otherwise most of the team's cap space will be spent on the Olsen Twins, and that won't allow a whole lot of room for much else. That is, if they want to keep playing together.

I thought I heard a number of $7 million attached to them. Either what they're making this year, or what was offered by Vancouver for an extension, I can't remember... but that's $14 million tied up in two players with no physical presence whatsoever.

I'm sorry... but unless the only pieces you're missing are goal scorer and set-up man, it's not a good idea to sign those two.

Pretty big trade here.

Pens send Whitney to Ducks for Kunitz + more

Whitney has not had a great season, but if he can turn it around will be a great piece for the Ducks for years to come. Kunitz can slide in anywhere on the Ducks line up, from top to bottom. He can be a secondary scorer, a checker, he can play the powerplay. He will be a useful player for them as they try to make the playoffs.

I woke up to see that went down... trades are exciting.

I see this as the Ducks bringing in a younger defenseman to replace Chris Pronger. Expect Pronger to be moved at the deadline.

Though, I did expect Whitney to bring a "better" return, in a legit top 6 forward. Who knows though, Kunitz might end up being this year's Pascal Dupuis, where he comes in to play a checking role and ends up being one of the most productive guys down the stretch.

The Montreal Canadiens traded Steve Begin to the Dallas Stars for defenseman Doug Janik.

I know Begin has been moving up and down the lineup, and has even been a healthy scratch, but with Lang's injury, I'm a little surprised they moved him for a d-man.

Isn't Josh Gorges hurt?