Madden '09

Cactus Drags

No, but for an entire game, the replay area on the playcall screen kept glitching between picture and blinding white and yellow light.

I had this glitch today, too. I lost in OT to the Ravens, I'm blaming that and you can't stop me.

Speaking of overtime, I've had 5 games go into it in my first regular season, finishing 3-2 in them. That's a lot for me, but I seem to be letting leads slip late in games and just allowing QBs (even Troy Smith for crying out loud) to throw for 300+ yards on me. Despite this, Roy Williams was named NFL DB of the Year as well as NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Finished 13-3 with homefield advantage.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did the same for me, so no worries. Still credited you with the victory.NHL 08 used to do it to me all the time.

Just lost 42-21 to TheArsenal, which sucked, but there were a couple of things where I just fucked up, more than just seriously getting outplayed. On my first drive, I (something I did in the 2 previous games online), double tapped X for the snap by mistake (since it sometimes lags on button presses), meaning I put it straight up for an interception. Wasn't sure how to challenge (or it wouldn't let me, as I went to the pause menu) on the first touchdown, which looked suspiciously out, but for the rest of the game, I was beaten badly for the most part. I can defend on the ground, but struggled through the air. One example was when TheArsenal was down to 3 for 28 after 2 sacks in a row, yet then threw for 50 yards on 3rd and long, which was the story of my passing defence, really. I mean, I did intercept a few times, though my turnover count by the end was about twice as many.

Admittedly, my pass defence was improving, but there is a reason why I was still on Rookie through both of my defence Madden tests :P

Edited by rvdwannabe

No, but for an entire game, the replay area on the playcall screen kept glitching between picture and blinding white and yellow light.

I had this glitch today, too. I lost in OT to the Ravens, I'm blaming that and you can't stop me.

Speaking of overtime, I've had 5 games go into it in my first regular season, finishing 3-2 in them. That's a lot for me, but I seem to be letting leads slip late in games and just allowing QBs (even Troy Smith for crying out loud) to throw for 300+ yards on me. Despite this, Roy Williams was named NFL DB of the Year as well as NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Finished 13-3 with homefield advantage.

That'd be the "RoboQB" phenomenon they're bitching about at OS.

It did the same for me, so no worries. Still credited you with the victory.NHL 08 used to do it to me all the time.

Just lost 42-21 to TheArsenal, which sucked, but there were a couple of things where I just fucked up, more than just seriously getting outplayed. On my first drive, I (something I did in the 2 previous games online), double tapped X for the snap by mistake (since it sometimes lags on button presses), meaning I put it straight up for an interception. Wasn't sure how to challenge (or it wouldn't let me, as I went to the pause menu) on the first touchdown, which looked suspiciously out, but for the rest of the game, I was beaten badly for the most part. I can defend on the ground, but struggled through the air. One example was when TheArsenal was down to 3 for 28 after 2 sacks in a row, yet then threw for 50 yards on 3rd and long, which was the story of my passing defence, really. I mean, I did intercept a few times, though my turnover count by the end was about twice as many.

Yeah. 42-21 win. But it was FAR closer than that scoreline suggests. I was lucky on a couple of long passes - I loved completing that long pass to Burress after you had me at third and 28. I'm normalyl crap at completing the long passes. I messaged you online about you pass defence, because mine is pretty weak too. You just have to stick to your play and hope your defence can help you out with an interception or sack. I've noticed when I play the computer that if I'm a linebacker I've had room to run at the QB, but hanging back and covering some space has made him delay the pass and my defence has got to him. It taught me to let the defensive line take care of that stuff sometimes. Either that or try to guess what's going to happen and try to tackle the receivers as fast as possible. Sometimes it makes them fumble or makes the pass go incomplete.

I noticed the interception - mainly because it was the first play of your drive having intercepted one of my passes, and it was odd to intercept straight back. I've had that double tap X issue playing offline a couple of times. Just wait a few seconds if it looks like nothing is happening. I doubt you'd be able to challenge it because the game would only recognise a rule break rather than a server lag.

Overall, I was just lucky on a few important plays and it made all the difference.

Yeah, I tend to play as one of the men at the line of scrimmage, and when I changed it up to control my defence in the secondary, I seemed to have more luck.

Anyways, rematch when we next get the chance :P

I find that when playing with a defensive lineman, I always get caught up in a tackle/grapple with a blocker. Playing with a linebacker gives you a couple of seconds to assess whether you're facing a rush play or pass play, and where the play is going. It's not a perfect method - but it gives you more of a chance.

Yeah, I tend to play as one of the men at the line of scrimmage, and when I changed it up to control my defence in the secondary, I seemed to have more luck.

Anyways, rematch when we next get the chance :P

I find that when playing with a defensive lineman, I always get caught up in a tackle/grapple with a blocker.

That's what the power/finesse moves are for, getting past them. Get used to the timing and, unless you're against a great offensive lineman, it's not too difficult to get into the backfield. I usually control a defensive lineman but sometimes I'll mix it up and control a linebacker or safety depending on the play call. I rarely control a cornerback though.

I was just going to ask how people prefer to play defense. I'm useless to the point of liability when it comes to man-to-man, so I usually avoid corners. I usually do ok with a safety, but linebackers I get beat with. Most of the time I control a lineman, it's less complicated >_>

I never play with a corner unless the ball is in the air and I need to try and swat the ball or intercept a catch. I'm terrible at timing the finess/power moves, so that's why I avoid playing at the line. Usually I play as the middle linebacker, but occassionally one of the others. I like blitzing through the gaps in the line or reading a pass to break it up.

I have noticed the same thing with the QBs, except that my defence seems to tighten up and stop the REALLY important throws, and a lot of them time my defence lets the reciever catch it, then stops them short.

Against Jay Cutler though, it was different. He went 20 of 43 with 3 interceptions. Every pass he did complete was for big yards - he got over 300 easily.

I just finished my first season in franchise, ended up edging the Colts 17-13 in the Super Bowl thanks to Peyton Manning's four interceptions. Their only touchdown came on my first offensive play of the game, Marion Barber fumbled and Mathis took it to the house. Next up the Pro Dallas Bowl with 12 of my players.

Edited by AD

I lost a game online earlier to a guy who wasn't really much better than me but won by two touchdowns. One time I would have stopped him if it wasn't for a serious case of server lag. And I have now experienced playing in snow - and the ridiculous efforts some people make on 4th downs instead of punting away.

Got it on Tuesday, finally played last night.

Started with a 638 Madden IQ (pass defense sucks, I couldn't see the circle that said who I was controlling <_<). Not getting XBL Gold any time soon so apparently I'm not getting any roster updates either :angry:

I got a sub-4.5 time in the 40, I am proud of myself.

Edited by oldskool