NBA Live 09 or NBA 2K9?

CQI13

Well, I've been going back and forth, unable to decide which one to get. In the past, it was a no brainer, 2k was the way to go. But the more and more I look at reviews and stuff, I'm not sure for this year.

Live has the International teams, as well as international rules (something that I felt was lacking last year)

And 2K is still 2K.

So, anyone who has played either/both? What are your opinions.

• 2 months later...

The major thing that made me come to the conclusion to get Live 09 was the Dynamic DNA thing that they added on this year, which I think was also added to 2k9, but is executed better on Live 09.

Pretty much what it'll do for you, through XBL, and PSN is give you daily roster updates, and breakdown of every NBA player. For example if LeBron James is going through a rough patch, it'll affect the way he's playing in the game, where as if he's on a hot streak, once again it'll affect the way he's playing. Also it goes through every match up each team plays during this season, and the prior season too.

So if you want to play a Lakers/Suns game from when they played in 07-08 season, you can and it'll also have the lineups and roster used at that time.

It's pretty cool, and with the International teams (and rules) it made Live 09 the choice for me.

Well I have PS2 and have been playing a while and so far I do not like it. I tried to download a roster update but it only works for online play when I want to begin a franchise with it. I cannot find a free agent or trade section either while I am playing. I don't know what Best Buys policy of returning a game that has been unwrapped but I plan on going back tomorrow and paying the extra 10 bucks for Live 09.