Quick PS question

KoA

Just playing about on Photoshop making a logo for one of my Xperteleven teams, and am trying to edit the Manchester United logo.

Just need to ask, is there anyway I can get the text to bend round like it does in the United crest?

Get the pen tool and click the first point and the end point of where the curve will go. As you click the end point, hold the mouse down, and drag to bend the curve.

Once you're happy with it, get the text tool and and hover over the pen line, and the icon should change. It's a little tricky to get it on the right place on the line, so have a play with it.

I hope this is what you meant and helps you. You should be able to find a better explained tutorial somewhere :P.

Thanks, I've found out how to do it and I've managed to curve it but I can't get it right at all. So, I'm turning this in to a request topic!

Here I have an edited version of the Manchester United logo. I've painted over the text and the picture in the centre (which has been replaced with a large smiley face). What I need one of the kind people of EWB to do is add the curved text 'Chipchester' in the top box and 'United' in the second. I'm not bothered about font, whatever looks good, just so long as its similar to the yellow used in the box.

Here's the template to use: http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200/Ch...terTemplate.gif

Cheers :)

If you're doing it with the pen tool, hold shift down to create a more accurate curve. Another option would be to type out your text, then right click the layer and select Warp Text. Then use the Arc I think it is and mess around with the settings.

:rolleyes: I totally forgot about that method. Yeah, do that, it's much easier.