Promotion Wars

The_Huntman

Wasn't there also a half-assed version of PW2 eventually released? Or is that what ended up being 1.3?

An "80%" (Number varies depending on who you talk to) complete version was leaked by a beta tester/reviewer, but by this point the coding was so convoluted that the game was bloated and generally unplayable, and it was ditched.

AJ later went and fixed up some problems with 1.2e and released it as 1.3.

I had the 2.0 as a kid, can't remember too much about it.

Ok. Thanks guy. I guess my computer just sucks. I download the thing and it works. However. How should I extract it?

In Windows you should just be able to right click on the file you downloaded and press Extract All, then inside that folder, double click PW12e.exe

Wasn't there also a half-assed version of PW2 eventually released? Or is that what ended up being 1.3?

An "80%" (Number varies depending on who you talk to) complete version was leaked by a beta tester/reviewer, but by this point the coding was so convoluted that the game was bloated and generally unplayable, and it was ditched.

Actually, flicking through 1.3 now, maybe I've got that wrong, because it's a lot more complicated than 1.2e. Anyone with a better memory than me clear this up?

yeah, all that's inside is an installation file. Double click 1p3Nov2005Install.exe and it'll install.

Actually, flicking through 1.3 now, maybe I've got that wrong, because it's a lot more complicated than 1.2e. Anyone with a better memory than me clear this up?

1.3 is an enhanced and recoded version of 1.2e, allowing for more promotions and so forth, it also generates new workers as the game progresses. I'm not sure what the installation problem Huntsman has been having stems from, its usually just a case of a corrupted download.

You know ... since I tried the 1.2e download to see if it was working, I've been playing. I miss how simple this game was. And I loved turning pushes off and just letting the AI do what it wishes. Chris Jericho just won the Undisputed Title back from Shawn Michaels and injured him on top of it just 5 days after Michaels won the belt.