Smallville Season 8

sahyder1

I definitely had my doubts about this season, but I think it's been pretty decent...while there has been things I haven't liked, especially what they did with Chloe but I liked that they're taking things towards Lois and Clark and hopefully Lana's return will allow them to finally put an end to that chapter in Clark's life so he can move on.

Watched the last episode from before the break once again the other day and noticed the text Lana got. It can't possibly be from Lex can it?

Watched the sneak preview that tjeuu have up for the remainder of the season and I am really looking forward to see what they do with the "red blue blur".

Season 8 returns this coming Thursday.

• 1 month later...

The show was picked up for a 9th season this week.

Anyways...this week is the episode I have been waiting a long time for.....here's the trailer from WB.

Expanded sneak peak. Obviously there are spoilers involved so open the link at your own risk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldSYKCfHmeY

9th season? I dunno. I really hope the 9th will be the last to tie everything together. Getting kind of iffy on the show lately, and really just want to see an ending that is great for the series.

As far as that clip is concerned... I dunno about that.

I know that Smallville pretty much takes its own history and everything, but Clark telling Lois about his powers? I really hope they dont end up having Clark change his mind with some "oh you musta been dreaming" shtick. I guess itll be good if it leads to Clark revealing himself to the world instead of hiding it, though it would have been better to see him don a costume and put his glasses back on.

Whatever happened to them anyways? He wore them that one episode way back when and they like dissapeared. You'd think they'd want Clark to start wearing them full time or something.

Wow, so in Smallville Clark Kent goes public, and doesn't have a secret identity? Massive departure, but I really like it. What this show has done best is do the Superman mythology differently, and this fits with that. I love that he's now going to be forced to be a public hero, puts a whole new spin on a show that's been quite same-y for a couple of seasons. They should have done this awhile ago. Good stuff. Next step, flight. I want the suit, but not until the final episode.

Yeah... That is the kind of thing I was afraid theyd do. Why cant they just have Clark reveal his secret or go the dual identity route already? I know it'd be kind of hard since there would be NO difference between Clark and his hero ego, but still. Have Clark put a mask on or something. Sick of this bait and switch shit the writers do.

Although... It was better than Clark getting sick of all the attention or just end up telling Lois she was dreaming or something. What they did was a bit better than what I expected, and Clark going back in time before Lois could tell him about Davis was kind of nice. I think the episode wasn't that bad all in all. I AM sick of the writers thinking this whole bait and switch is a good idea when it just gets frustrating after a while. I mean, how many times has Clark lost his powers, lost someone close to him, revealed his powers, ate a donut, and have it all changed back to normal by the end of the episode? It's just really frustrating. I seriously could just expect for the series finale for the writers to reveal at the end that Clark Kent is a normal human being and the entire series was just a dream >_>

I only hope that before a season 9, or at least DURING a season 9, the writers finally let Clark become the known hero in some capacity, because honestly.... I don't see what else they can do with the current formula of Red-Blue Blur is unknown. MAYBE now that Linda Lake (I seriously cant remember what she did in the series.... When did she first appear and what did she do?) is dead, MAYBE Clark will reveal his powers/develop an alter ego like Chloe said or something. He should at least do the alter ego thing. Bring back his glasses or have him wear a little mask that covers his eyes while in Hero mode at first for the whole "wait dont you look like...." experience.

Oh and next weeks episode?

PLEASE let this fucking mean Clark Kent finally fucking flies. I want to see it so bad now. I dont think he has gotten a new power in a while, and he NEEDS this power more than anything. PLEASE please please let Clark finally fly. Seriously, they CANT do next weeks episode without letting him fly.
Edited by Vitamin E

• 2 weeks later...

Shame too. Hopefully they get the guy to fly SOMETIME during this seasons remaining episodes. It's been two seasons or so since the super breath, and before that was 2 seasons since his last power. I'm hoping the lil snarky comment made in this weeks episode means flying is soon to come, unless it is just like Chloe and Clark always making lil references at the Superman name and whatnot but nothing ever coming of it.

Shame too. Hopefully they get the guy to fly SOMETIME during this seasons remaining episodes. It's been two seasons or so since the super breath, and before that was 2 seasons since his last power. I'm hoping the lil snarky comment made in this weeks episode means flying is soon to come, unless it is just like Chloe and Clark always making lil references at the Superman name and whatnot but nothing ever coming of it.

Yea, they said before the series started, two things you would never see is Clark in the outfit and Clark flying.

Granted we saw "Kal-el" fly, but they played that off as something different.