Character Wars

The Mask of Norro

So, I figured I'd start up this discussion here just to get some people coming up with random matches between characters of different shows, both real-life and cartoon/anime, as well as (hell why not) video and PC games. There has to be some guidelines though to generate proper discussion:

1. The characters have to have similarities of some kind, or else we'd get shit like Superman vs. Ash from Pokemon

2. With that in mind, it cannot be an obvious answer, like Superman vs. Ash from Pokemon (Ash would totally dominate)

3. If you're going to answer as to who would win, actually explain why you think they will. Don't give me a "because they're awesome" answer.

4. Let's try one debate at a time. If you have an idea for a match, just type in the match at the end of your response to the current debate.

5. Characters MUST stay in-character for the matches. (Ex.: they refuse to use their powers to kill a person, they can't just kill their opponent with them anyway.)

6. Keep the matches realistic to the characters and the way they are. For example, Winnie the Pooh would not whip out a gun on Klaatu.

7. If there are different "types" to the character (Goku's different "levels" of Super Saiyan), specify which level they are at first. Let's try to keep out variables.

8. The matches don't have to be physical matches, i.e. the characters themselves don't have to fight. They can be facing off in their chosen professions (Vincent 'Vinny' Gambini from the movie "My Cousin Vinny" versus Phoenix Wright of the Ace Attorney game series)

9. The match can contain any number of characters, but it MUST be an equal number on both sides.

So, like I said, one debate at a time. Let's say... the debate can last a week? At the end of each week, we switch the subject, and whichever character had the most support in the debate in that week is declared the "winner" of the match in this main post.

Meanwhile, if anyone has an idea for a match to debate in here, put the suggestion at the end of your post in response to the topic. Whichever match I like the most, or whichever match draws the most attention from people (i.e. you put in a match and a number of people want to see it happen), will be the next match to be put up for debate.

Oh, and the inspiration for this? For shits and giggles I Google'd "Mandy vs. Gaz", Mandy being from "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy", Gaz being from "Invader Zim". Lo and behold, I find a comic book forum discussing this very topic back in 2005 that a poster named "GoGo Yubari" contributed in. Whether or not this is our GoGo Yubari will be unknown until he lets me know, but regardless, it gave me the idea to bring this sort-of topic to EWB to see how it would go >_>

So! With that said, our first character war debate:

Who would win in a fight between...

Doc Ock (Spiderman 2 Version) versus Ash (Army of Darkness)

This match was suggested to me, if you have any complaints, save them, because I thought it was an interesting match to think about happening after I heard it suggested. You want a better match, suggest it for the next debate >_>

Edited by The Mask of Norro