West Wing fans, look here!

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Found it. :shifty:

Sam: Over three and a half centuries ago, linked by faith and bound by a common desire for liberty, a small band of pilgrims sought out a place in the New World where they could worship according to their own beliefs... and solve crimes.

Toby: Sam...

Sam: It'd be good. By day, they churn butter and worship according to their own beliefs, and by night they solve crimes.

Toby: Read the thing.

Sam: Pilgrim detectives.

Toby: Do you see me laughing?

Sam: I think you're laughing on the inside.

Toby: Okay.

Sam: With the big hats.

Toby: Give me the speech.

--------------------

C.J.: Every time we come up on a holiday, you guys check out like seniors who are done with finals.

Toby: We are writing a very important Thanksgiving proclamation.

Sam: And possibly a new action-adventure series.

Toby: Nobody here has checked out...

[Josh enters]

Josh: Hey, I was just flipping a nickel in my office. Sixteen times in a row, it came out tails.

I'm midway through rewatching the series for the fourth or fifth time (just finished season 4). I'm not going back to the beginning again for you guys. <_<

You suck.

So the last time I went back to watch one of the reasons was Gail the Goldfish. As some might know from time to time the fish bowl had a special prop revolving around the storyline of that episode. I think I still may have missed a few. Here are the ones I caught myself:

Season 1 Episode 10.....Christmas Tree

Season 1 Episode 11.....Army Humvee

Season 1 Episode 12.....Presidential Podium

Season 1 Episode 21.....Polling Machine?

Season 1 Episode 22.....Space Shuttle

Season 2 Episode 03.....Ballot Box

Season 2 Episode 09.....Spacecraft

Season 3 Episode 05.....US Flags

Season 3 Episode 18.....Girl

Season 4 Episode 12.....Cows

Season 4 Episode 20.....White House

Season 5 Episode 05.....Message Calendar

Season 5 Episode 09.....Christmas Tree

Season 5 Episode 12.....Cabbages

Season 6 Episode 03.....Doves

Season 6 Episode 03.....White House

Season 7 Episode 04.....Frost

Season 7 Episode 08.....White House

Season 7 Episode 11.....Clock

Season 7 Episode 18.....Tombstone

Season 7 Episode 20.....Help Wanted?

Season 7 Episode 21.....White House

I can follow along with the early seasons without needing to rewatch them. The first few episodes can be largely summarised as "lol, Sam" anyway. :shifty:

And I honestly never looked at the fishbowl.

I shall have to keep an eye out.

Edited by stokeriño

I found out about it when the series was still going on during one of those behind the scenes shows. So this last time U watched the series I would look out fir it every time they were in CJ's office.

Ok.....so who is with me in watching this series from the start? Obviously jump into the discussions even if you haven't watched the show lately but if of is fresh in your mind it works as a bonus.

I've been on a West Wing kick for the past 4 or 5 months, have three episodes left.

Man, that show went down the tubes when Sam left. Sam was so good, he should've won the California 47.

Informal straw poll, who won the live debate? If you ask me, Vinnick wiped the floor with Santos.

I've been on a West Wing kick for the past 4 or 5 months, have three episodes left.

Man, that show went down the tubes when Sam left. Sam was so good, he should've won the California 47.

Informal straw poll, who won the live debate? If you ask me, Vinnick wiped the floor with Santos.

They gave Santos some good lines, but I think Jimmy Smits was a bit nervous about that show being a live broadcast. Vinick came out better, but it wasn't a runaway debate victory.

I dunno...I figure that if they put them both side by side it would make people more inclined to compare the two for acting slip-ups rather than focus on the content. >_>

At least they included the one which they used footage of in subsequent "Previously on The West Wing" clips.

Edited by stokeriño

I don't remember the east coast one now though. That's the thing....I don't see why they wouldn't put both onto the DVD.

I'm guessing because they probably consider the west coast airing as "the official episode" or some nonsense. I just watched the DVD special on the live show and they only showed clips from the production of the west coast episode. They didn't even mention that they'd be doing the thing twice in a four hour span.

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah

Probably because he was only Deputy Communications Director for all of, what, two episodes? :shifty:

He was alright when he was just 'temping' on the Inauguration speech. When he went to work for Russell though, he became a bit of a dick.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

There were hints of Will being a smug bastard even when he was still in California, it's just that we tolerated him because he was on the same side as our guys.

And you're seriously complaining about them not finding enough stuff for Sam to do? Look at poor Charlie!

Rob Lowe was the unfortunate victim of the awesomeness of the other main cast members. Meant he didn't get the starring role he was promised.

And Richard Schiff > Rob Lowe.

I swear, every time Toby opened his mouth I wanted to punch the guy. I was rooting for him to go to federal prison actually.

And its clearly:

1. Sam

2. Josh

3. CJ

4. Leo

5. Toby

But I've pretty much decided that Mrs. Landingham was favorite character from the whole run, even though she only lasted two seasons.

Mrs. Landingham > Debbie Fitterer