West Wing fans, look here!

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I remember watching the very first show and thinking that Josh was likely to be the 'main character', in as much as series like these have them at all.

Not sure why. I think he had that combination of foolishness and wit. :shifty:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr. Potato Head

He was funny and occasionally the voice of reason (when the rest of the group is talking about doing something because of it's political benefits, Josh adds "and maybe because it's the right thing to do?"). Then later on he just became Smuggy McSmug.

He wasn't Smuggy McSmug (what the hell is that anyway?) when he was working for Santos. Nor was he for most of season 5. Hell, I'm watching season 5 right now and just finished the episode where he got all whimsical about space and telescopes and shit.

Josh was the star, at least if you judge it on how many episodes he was in. I think he was them in all apart from the Debate, so you know.

The series definitely lost some of its shine in series six and seven, with the lack of the original characters (apparently due to their high wages). Plus:

Toby being the leak

was absolute bullshit and made no sense.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
He wasn't Smuggy McSmug (what the hell is that anyway?) when he was working for Santos. Nor was he for most of season 5. Hell, I'm watching season 5 right now and just finished the episode where he got all whimsical about space and telescopes and shit.

I'm on episode 2 of season 7, and I can't remember a single time Josh has been right on anything about campaign strategy. It's always Josh saying "you need to do this", Santos (or someone else) offering another suggestion, and that other suggestion (done against Josh's better judgement) providing the badly-need boost in the polls.

I was thinking today, the way Santos got the Democratic nomination is precisely the way Hillary would have been accused of "stealing" the nomination from Obama. Russell had more votes, more delegates and won more primaries/caucuses. The clear intent of the Democratic voters on the West Wing was Bingo Bob to be their nominee. Interesting, I think

Guest Mr. Plow

Why do Toby, Bartlet, Abby (twice), Zoey, Ron Butterfield, Danny Concannon, Fitzwallace, Amy, Ainsley, Margaret (twice), Hoynes, Will, Kate, CJ, Mrs. Landingham, Josh, Nancy McNally, Donna (four times), Leo (twice), Mallory, Sam, Helen Santos, Santos, Vinick, and Charlie all have Facebook pages?