Madden '09 Roster

TheTruth

Since Madden popped up, I have a question.

Whats the best time setting to give realistic stats when simming. I simmed at 15mins a quarter and it was 51-34, while my QB threw 8 picks.

Edited by The Cool One

Who knows...I simmed a game once and LT wound up havin glike 450 rushing yards and 10 total TDs

You have to play around with the A.I here's a link to the sliders I use. You also have to follow a few rules...

This is taken from Operation sports...give it a shot. Also for the rosters..if your on ps2 log online and then go to downloads and you can download the different roster updates..

I posted this over on GameFAQs a few days ago. I'll go ahead and post it here also for anyone who wants to try them. One person (an NCAA fan who is getting his football fix by playing Madden on the PS2) said that he tried these sliders and ended up going 0-6 in his first six games. I got the impression that he's fairly new to Madden, so there's definitely an adjustment period there to get used to Madden gameplay. I've gone 10-3 or so with these sliders so far on 'Play Now' games, but I think that's primarily due to my understanding of the game engine and mechanics (been playing it on PS2 since 03), and just knowing how Madden plays on the PS2.

Sliders for All-Madden

Some notes:

1) My sliders provide realistic pancake numbers. Rarely should you see a lineman get more than 8 pancakes. I know that pancakes are one of the problems on the default sliders, so this will fix that issue.

2) CPU pass rush on All-Madden is nasty. Prepare to get sacked, unless you're really good at QB avoidance/pocket presence.

The only thing I'm unsure of right now are the Human INT sliders. I find that there still might be too much HUM INTs. I'm playing around with 2 or 3, but I'm keeping it at 3 for now. I tried 4, but then I got 6 picks in one game, which is a little too much, so I'm working down from that. I remember at 2, that defenders developed too much "stone hands syndrome", so I think 3 right now seems about right. At least, I think so.

EDIT: Human INT slider is now on 2.

And now on to the actual sliders. 10 is the default:

Human/CPU Offense Sliders

QB Accuracy: 10/10

Pass Blocking: 2/0

WR Catching: 12/11

RB Ability: 10/10

Run Blocking: 11/12

Human/CPU Defense Sliders

Awareness: 15/10

Knockdowns: 10/10

Interceptions: 2/4

Break Block: 3/2

Tackling: 10/8

Human/CPU Special Teams Sliders

FG Length: 10/10

FG Accuracy: 0/0

Punt Length: 10/15

Punt Accuracy: 10/10

Kickoff Length: 13/13

Penalty Sliders:

Max on everything except:

Holding: 9

Roughing The Passer: 5

Roughing The Kicker: 7

And for the auto-sub out/sub in settings:

Auto-sub out: 83%

Auto-sub in: 88%

And for franchise, Injury Sliders:

In-Game Injuries: 103 (+3 from default)

Simmed Injuries: 103 (+3 from default)

For Simming Games:

Here's what I've been doing since last year's game. The sim engine is pretty much the same, so I just used last year's changes for 09. I think there was a similar thread on operationsports.com for 08 that served as a guide for the settings I use.

Here's what I do:

- control all 32 teams

- skip TC for all

- change coaching philosophies to +6 pass for all teams

- skip preseason for all

- substitute HB2 for all FB1 positions

- move FB1 to FB2 positions

- move FB2 to FB3 positions

When you play games, you tick the coaching philosophy for that specific team back to its default and change the FBs and HBs to their original spots.

I get semi-realistic stats from that. There's some things in Madden that almost never get replicated as in real life (such as high QB completion %, high QB ints thrown, amount of QB pass attempts, amount of RB carries, team sacks allowed, total yards produced, etc.), so those issues don't really have any solutions since they're obvious flaws in the game engine itself.

I'm interested to see any results from anyone who uses these sliders for the PS2. I played 3 games and took some game notes to see how my sliders fared, so if anyone's interested, I can post those results.

Aight, back on topic. I am also in desperate need of somewhat preseason-dated roster. If anyone has a file, specifically PS3, please give it to me.

EDIT: Hey, Truth. I may have found something over at GameFaqs. I think there's a roster from September.

Edited by Raven52