Culdcept fans?

darkrayne

I have been on a TCG/CCG swing recently online and so I decided to drag out an old PS2 game... Culdcept.

Its a Japanese hybrid of M:TG and Monopoly... and I love it!!

I got my roomie into it, and was wondering if anyone else out there has ever played it and might offer ideas, suggestions... etc.

I have been on a TCG/CCG swing recently online and so I decided to drag out an old PS2 game... Culdcept.

Its a Japanese hybrid of M:TG and Monopoly... and I love it!!

I got my roomie into it, and was wondering if anyone else out there has ever played it and might offer ideas, suggestions... etc.

I picked up Culdcept Saga for the 360 for $20 and it was a highly addictive game. It got to be too easy after a while, but trying to get all of the achievements and extras proved to be incredibly difficult. I put in about 120 hours and still couldn't do them all.

I don't know if it's the same with Culdcept Saga, but I would say that if you're an aggressive player you'll want to load up on fire cards especially Ares who adds attack points to all attackers if he's on the map. The land ones are best if you're looking to change the land types. I think it's Sakuya who is the game changer because she can change any land you own to green which increases your bonuses and can easily make it so that you dominate small boards. The CPU rarely changes land, and they usually prefer to put creatures on their preferred land type so Sakuya can make the whole map green which negates bonuses for them and helps you out immensely as well. Water is great for defense, especially if you can plop a Poseidon and/or the one eyed giant Cyclops whose name I can't remember down. It becomes almost impossible to lose those squares if you have shields or other defense boosting cards in your hand. The yellow cards just didn't do it for me and I only played with them to get the achievements. I haven't played since last Christmas or so, but those are the basics I can remember.

Being a M:tG player at one point, this sounds like something I could enjoy. Might be worth 20 bucks to find out.

I played a fair bit of Culdcept on PS2 a year or two back. Enjoyed it a lot until I ended up playing a two hour game in the story and landed on an expensive tile that dropped me from first to fourth in one battle. Even more annoying considering I was two tiles away from landing on the finish and winning the match. Didn't play much after that.

I bought Culdcept Saga but didn't really put any time into it. The whole situation with the original sort of soured me on the series.

I played a fair bit of Culdcept on PS2 a year or two back. Enjoyed it a lot until I ended up playing a two hour game in the story and landed on an expensive tile that dropped me from first to fourth in one battle. Even more annoying considering I was two tiles away from landing on the finish and winning the match. Didn't play much after that.

I bought Culdcept Saga but didn't really put any time into it. The whole situation with the original sort of soured me on the series.

I had a couple of games like that as well. It got particularly annoying one time when the guy who beat me seemingly landed on the 4 or 5 squares I didn't own every time around the smallest board. As soon as I lost one of my big squares he would then land on it 2 or 3 times in a row. Rinse and repeat until he beat me <_<

Considering I didn't have incredibly high expectations this is probably one of my 20 favorite games just because it can be so incredibly different depending on which deck you use and which characters you're facing. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is willing to spend $20 on it.

This does seem to be the main issue with the game... one bad roll and the whole battle is screwed..

I have lost a few battles that way... and seen my roomie stand on the spot right before the castle to win and watch someone pass by for the win, but you know what?

Its not really a problem, since we arent supposed to win every time.. thats just the way life is.. infuriating and annoying - yes.

Still fun and makes me wanna go back and try again.. making sure it dont happen again!!

BTW Drifter.. any deck ideas you wanna pass along?

Im trying to collect em to try out when I can..

Edited by darkrayne