The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Thursday, 07.09.2009 / 2:57 PM / 2009 NHL Offseason News

NHL.com

The New York Rangers continued to bolster their offense by signing free-agent forward Ales Kotalik on Thursday.

According to TSN, the contract will pay Kotalik $1 million a season for three seasons.

The 6-foot-1, 227-pound right wing had 20 goals and 43 points in 75 games with the Buffalo Sabres and the Edmonton Oilers last season.

A sixth-round pick of the Sabres in the 1998 Entry Draft, the 30-year-old native of Jindr Hradec, Czech Republic has 121 goals and 251 points in 445 NHL games.

You werent the only one confused, Gab.

Can't wait to see Joe in the Hall of fame.

Joe Sakic was an absolute legend, and one of the greatest of all time. He was neck in neck with Forsberg and Jagr for best player in the league during the post Gretzky/Lemieux pre lockout era, and he remained a point per game player post lockout despite his injuries. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer, and I think he deserved to be the first number retired in Avs history instead of Ray Bourque and Patrick Roy, though he'll certainly be the third. And he most definitely is > Luke Schenn. And I say that as a Leafs fan.

Edited because I somehow forgot about Patrick Roy. I just remembered being angry when they wasted their first number retirement on Bourque after he only played a year and a half for them, when I felt they should have waited until Sakic retired, because he deserved to be first due to how much he meant to the franchise.

Edited by pizzamonkey

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Absolutely. As much as I love Bourque and respect his contribution to the Avs, his number should only be retired in Boston.

Ales Kotalik weighs 230? I've never given him too much attention, I mean he has played in the teeny tiny market of Buffalo for 99% of his career, I just assumed he was like 180 or something.

Like most Canadians, I've seen this top ten like five times since last night, but some might not have.

Top Ten Things We Love About Captain Clutch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAHUPMbUUy8

:crying:

Say it ain't so Joe!

Sakic is and always has been my favourite player. He was essentially the only reason I even played NHL games, and I'm going to miss him big time.

Bye Joe :(

Habs sign Mara and Moen. I'm starting to see Bobs plan with the team. It looks like were offsetting out smaller top two lines with size, grit and defensively responsible 3rd and 4th lines. I absolutely love the signings of today. Both players will always stand up for anyone on the team and I love that. Also the average size of your Montreal Canadien forward is officially 6ft and 202lbs haha.

Paul Mara sucks! Everybody praises his work on the ice and I just don't get it. His shot is aweful, he can't hit the god damn net. He's slow, and doesnt finish as many checks as you'd expect. However, he can be useful clearing out the front of the net.... and taking stupid penalties.

I guess as your 5th 6th 7th D, he'd be somewhat alright.

Jesus 15 back to back games this year, that's half our schedule... I don't like that at all kinds bullshit. 5 in a row on the road to start the season and 6 in a row at home to end it. Hopefully we beat down on the offensively challenged Leafs. Hopefully Morn just takes the penalty and delivers a KO elbow on Grabs for his cheap hit that took out Markov last year.

Oh fuck off about that hit Basha. A shoulder to shoulder hit when the player has the puck is clean. It doesn't matter that he was five feet from the boards or beside the boards or in center ice. It was clean, get the fuck over it, your team wasn't doing shit in the playoffs anyways.

And to suggest you'll be beating up on the Leafs is hilarious. Will the Lollipop Guild be biting our defensemen's ankles? Is that your definition of beating up?

Offensively challenged? Eat those words when Jiri Tlusty breaks all kinds of rookie scoring records then waves his very naked penis in Carey Price's face. Maybe he'll cock smack him a few times too. Maybe Jamal Mayers puts the stamp on Travis Moen while Colton Orr skates around aimlessly because big Georges didn't even bother to bring his skates to the game.

Yeah it it a great way to start re season. Clawson, too bad Markov was hit from behind, but that's okay.

The 'nucks have 14 game

Roadstand over the break, rough.

EDIT:

I just watched the hit again and besides the fact that he was called for a penalty you clearly see him chasing Markov from behind and give him a shot shoulder to back. Don't kid yourself.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank