Our Lady Peace

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Guest Mr. Potato Head

They need more love around these parts. I discovered this after I mentioned that they've got a new CD out in three weeks and you all no-sold it.

I've never really been into OLP past the singles, but I'm starting to realize that some of their other stuff is even better. Raine Maeda's voice is fucking awesome. Admittedly they've gotten bogged down with some slower crap (4 AM and Clumsy are okay songs, but we don't need a thousand variations of them), but I liken them to sort of a Canadian version of Oasis (musically speaking).

And Naveed is one of the greatest rock out songs of the past 20 years.

Discuss.

I actually purchased the Clumsy & Gravity CDs and still listen to both fairly regularly on my IPod. I also saw them in concert once and had a great time. They remind me of the time when I started getting into alternative/rock music, and it's cool that they're still putting out music unlike most of the bands that were all over MTV and the radio during the mid-late '90s.

Until MPH mentioned it, I've never really seen the connection between OLP and Oasis. The harder OLP stuff does kind of remind me of Cigarettes and Alcohol-style Oasis.

Main difference is that OLP have had a longer run of shitty albums than Oasis have but hopefully Burn Burn changes that.