PSP: Pandora's Battery

probablyoliver

So has anyone ever bought one/used one to downgrade their PSP? I'm considering it, seeing as it'd mean I'd be able to throw some old PS1 games on my PSP for free, as well as movies and whatnot which would be horrendously awesome (if a little shady and illegal, although I've no doubt discussing it is within the rules). Only problem being I'm not exactly sure what it's all about or how it all works and whatnot, and if anyone has any more advice, information or feedback I'd be extremely greatful.

Cheers.

I actually made my own Pandora's battery a while back by just cracking one open and removing a pin of the motherboard. Seen it on youtube and decidied to try it with an extra battery i took from my cousin. It was pretty easy. As for hacking the PSP its a pretty simple process all you need after the Pandora's battery which will put it in service mode and then if im not mistaken is a magic memory stick, which is just a regular memory stick on it with a special program which will put the latest hacked firmware on your psp. This is how i hacked my psp like last year. There might be a better/easier way to do it now, just google it. Oh and i heard the new psp3000 cant be hacked. So if you have one of those then your screwed