Projector with Gaming Systems

I've recently got to borrow my friends projector and hooked it up to my PS3, and the thing is awesome. Nothing like having a huge screen displayed on the wall above my aquarium.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any downsides, or things I should know about regarding projectors and gaming systems (specifically the PS3). Is displaying the game's video bad for the projector at all? The reason I ask these things is due to the fact that with some certain type of TV, gaming systems tend to 'burn into' the screen, and aren't meant for gaming. Or that may have just been a word of mouth thing I heard, who knows. I know it's kind of a stupid question, but I figured I'd ask it anyways before spending anything.

So if anyone has any experience, or opinions, on projectors, with/without a PS3, please shoot me some feedback before I dive into this purchase :shifty:

As far as i know there can be a burning problem, read the projectors and PS3s instructions. The other downside is that HD Beamers are goatse like assholes wen it comes to buying them, so you´ll likely be stuck with SD unless your frind is Michael Jacksons secret son.

I could probably deal with SD, as thats what I'm using with my shit TV now, but I've came across a couple projectors that are cheapish and support HD as well.

One half of me wants to say 'it should be fine, why else would they have the connections?', but the other half doesn't want to be wrong haha.

If it's just on a wall the HD won't make too much of a difference, unless you rig up a sheet or something. Some people will actually build a television frame out of cheap wood, stretch some sort of white sheet over it, and use that as their TV, which will bring out the fullest potential of HD(or at least that's what the website said.) Also, you can only use the lamp in there for so long(somewhere around 1500-2500 hours) before you have to replace it.

I could probably deal with SD, as thats what I'm using with my shit TV now, but I've came across a couple projectors that are cheapish and support HD as well.

One half of me wants to say 'it should be fine, why else would they have the connections?', but the other half doesn't want to be wrong haha.

Be carefull, they try to trik you with HDMI, HDMI alone issent HD. A HD Beamer will be 500-600€ at the very least.

I had my PS3 hooked up to SD TVs a cupple of times and it´s not bad... it´s still better Grafiks than with PS2 n´such, mainlie it´s just a smaler screen and no 16:9.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane