Pakistan vs New Zealand Tests/ODIs Thread

sahyder1

I don't know how many Kiwi fans we have around here but anyone else watching this series? An important month for both of these teams as they get ready for the World Cup. I like the venues and am expecting results in both of the Test Matches.

As far as Pakistan is concerned I'm not sold on the team here. I don't like Hafeez being in. He's had more then enough chances. Fawad Alam's absence from this team makes no sense. I'd have played Umar Akmal over Ashad Shafiq as well. Umar Akmal should be back as the keeper for the ODIs regardless.

I watched for 45mins last night before the coverage changed to The Ashes, but now that's finished it looks as though Sky are gonna be showing this through the night, so I'll watch what I can.

NZ are 208/7 at the moment. Just switched on so I'm not sure who's still in, but you would think 300 would be their target from this position.

Proved or just that you think that?

Anyway, Umar's keeping too now? Thought it was only Kamran.

The UDRS part? McCulum gloved one to keeper that ended bring called not out. I think he got another 30 runs after that. That was followed later in the inning by a LBW call that was missing the stumps resulting in an out.

What makes it worse is that Sky was willing to use it but ICC couldn't come to an agreement with company that makes them. They used the LBW graphic on the replays last night but umpires weren't allowed to use them. Hot spot, the side cameras and the rest will be available for the broadcast crew starting on day 2 ( I guess they are flying it in from Australia now that Ashes are over). UDRS should be in use for ALL matches in all 3 formats. Screw BCCI.

Yes, Unar Akmal is keeping now. All 3 of the Akmal brothers kept wickets fir Pakistan in 2010....that has to be some sort of record. Middle brother Adnan is the best keeper of the trio and has been playing tests. Umar is decent enough with the gloves that they should stick with him in ODIs/T20s so they can add an extra bowler or batsman to team.

I find it baffling how there can be different standards for different test matches when it comes to any sort of review system. Surely all Test matches should fall under the same rules and not treat the ''lesser'' matches with ''oh well, it's only NZ and Pakistan.''

The same happens in Tennis, where only certain courts have a review system for the bigger players.

So, NZ lost a wicket early, but they're holding on now at 270/8.

Why the FUCK Arnel isn't just ducking away from some of these balls, I'll never know. They're bowling short and he's either taking a whack, or close to being out every time.

I would think Pakistan will be batting within the next hour. I prefer watching them bat, as whenever they bowl a no-ball, it's hard to know whether or not they did it on purpose. :shifty:

The same happens in Tennis, where only certain courts have a review system for the bigger players.

Yeah, but that's a bit different. Imagine how difficult it would be to put that sort of technology at the real outside courts, at Grand Slams especially. And they have to use all of those courts or else the tournament would run for about a month.

And sahyder, with no UDRS, you'd better hope that Billy Doctrove isn't there. He was awful at Perth and had 3 or 4 of his decisions reversed in one day.

Edited by Hornswoggle4PM

Loved the inning win and Pakistan is off to a good start here. I don't like that they are bringing Kamran Akmal back for the ODIs.

For the love of God can we please get UDRS in all formats of the game. 18 minutes into the day and there are already two calls that would have been overturned.

Yeah, they were bad calls. It was McCullum's own fault though. He had a perfect chance to just play a defensive stroke but chose to just leave it completely.

As for the other one, the sound could be heard on TV, and you could see the path of the ball change slightly. Awful decision.

Just woke up for work with an hour left of end of day 1 and NZ are 185/6.

Anyone watching this match right now? Much to my surprise it looks like Pakistan is actually going for the win right now. I was sure they would try and settle for a draw.

Edit: Just as I typed that Vettori decided to bowl with the new ball and Pakistan completely went on the defensive.

Edited by sahyder1

• 2 weeks later...

Big win for Pakistan in the 3rd ODI. It was a game straight out of the early part 00s for Pakistan. Keep wickets in hand and then launch an all out assault in the last 10 overs. Shoaib Malik, Razzaq and Afridi were the 3 that used to do it for Pakistan at the time. 127 off the last 10 was great. Afridi was phenomenal. Umar Akmal was great. I like the idea of opening the bowling with Razzaq and brining Gul on later. I've been harsh towards Hafeez (and still don't think he belongs in the team) but about damn time he got a century. The 4th ODI starts in about 11 hours.

Kiwis got off to a great start but Pakistan has taken 3 wickets in a 12 ball span. Back to back wicket maidens. Great turnaround from Pakistan. Absolutely disappointed in Sohail Tanvir. He's had no pace whatsoever.

edit: 3 straight maiden overs. 4 out of the first 10.

Edited by sahyder1