The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

MacArthur and then Kadri on the PP! 2-0 Leafs in the first 5 mins!

Gunnarsson! 3-0 Leafs!

Okpos-noo! :( 3-1 Leafs

Neilson :( 3-2 Leafs

Bozie and Crabb with a BEAUTY shorthanded 2on1 play with Crabb getting the goal! 4-2 Leafs!

The Islanders' Martin just ran into Aulie's elbow and took himself out :shifty:

Tavares :( 4-3 Leafs

Kessel and Lupul get a really nice empty netter to make it 5-3, and that seals it! Leafs win back to back right before Xmas

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

Guest mr. potato head

I think Canada's going to be hard-pressed to come up with gold this year, the US and Sweden both have really strong squads and Russia has Yakupov. Visentin will be a monster in goal but the defense isn't as spectacular as in the past and if Pearson and Scheifele can't click with another winger, there's only one elite forward line.

Caught the beatdown of Canada by Sweden last night after the Leafs game. Visentin didn't have the greatest game, from what I saw. It was tight as first, and Canada had a 1-0 lead for a while, but as soon as Sweden tied it, the next thing I knew it was 3-1 Sweden, then 4-1 Sweden. He was then pulled, and while I can't remember his replacement's name atm, he played pretty well and didn't surrended a single goal, giving Canada the chance to get back to 4-3 before they opted for the empty net/extra skater and it ended 5-3. All in all, a pretty good game though.

While I'm here, Börje Salming's face-stitching from the skate injury is brutal to look at. (spoiler'd incase you don't want to see it)

borj325ulmerdec23.jpg

Dustin Penner is awesome, first for suggesting he was going to form the penner world order, then for comparing his teammates to their pro wrestling equivalents.

Also, if anyone is into that sort of thing, there's an NHL Mafia now taking signups.

There always will be. I imagine Crosby will come back, but will end up being more of an Eric Lindros than a Wayne Gretzky, where we're forced to fill in the blanks to figure out how good he really was.

Plenty of gossip around the hockey world that Crosby's never coming back.

There was talk about that over the summer as well.

There always will be. I imagine Crosby will come back, but will end up being more of an Eric Lindros than a Wayne Gretzky, where we're forced to fill in the blanks to figure out how good he really was.

I imagine this will happen too, which really, is kinda shitty. He was gonna be the face of Canadian hockey for years and years! Who will it be now? Seguin? RNH?

At least he's already won a cup AND a gold medal? Still...shitty.

And seriously, how many people are out with a concussion this year? It's getting kind of ridiculous and scary.