The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Nobody interested in the ASG draft?

Team Chara is absolutely going to dominate the game, no questions asked. I'm predicting a Lupul/Seguin/Kessel line at some point in the game.

Did not see

Logan Couture

being the last guy standing. When it came down to the final four, I was expecting Seguin to end up last. That'd be a sweet topping for the Kessel/Seguin comparision.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

You're talking to a Leafs fan Plubby, he's probably not aware that Chara and Seguin are teammates.

I could listen to him talk about anything for days. He's a very educated individual and not afraid to offer his opinion if he feels informed enough on the subject.

• Like 1

Well, I like listening to Gillis talk because of the subject matter, but he's much less... uh, informal... than Burke was. Burke was a man who spoke his mind. Saying his team looked like heroin addicts because of all that cuts and scrapes all over their arms and legs due to Detroit assaulting them was amazing.

You're talking about the Leafs?! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

AREN'T THEY LIKE THE BEST TEAM EVER?! I WANNA MARRY ALL OF THEM :wub::blush::wub::blush::wub:

But seriously? That video is amazing, I wish I could see the full thing. I need to watch more of his press conferences, I just like his way with words. I hope he'll be the Leafs GM until....he retires? Dies? The world ends? I dunno, but I want him there for a long time!

Of course I know Z and Seguin are teammates, you buffoons :shifty:

I wish that video with Burke was longer, it was good and I was just getting into it.

EDIT: There's another 4-minute clip of that interview on that guys site - or Here

Carey Price single handedly wins the Breakaway contest with his antics. My god, I was in stitches. Corey Perry was pretty good too. Thought the cape and glasses was a bit.. much at first, but once he did what he did, it worked great.

Holy fuck Chara. 108.8mph, and didn't have a single shot under 106 which alone beat his record.

Yeah, it was all in good fun.

Price even said at one point that he didn't want to try poke-checking anyone because he didn't want to take the chance for someone to get hurt. Respect to the guy (Y)

All Star Game is getting ready to kick off, lets go Team Chara!

2-0 Team Chara, courtesy of two beauty goals from Gaborik and Malkin.

Make that 3-0, 2 nice goals for Gaborik on his team-mate Lundquist. Hossa and Gaborik have crazy good chemistry.

3-1 from a nice tip by Spezza off a Girardi shot.

3-3 after Hartnell and the Sedin Twins put together a nice passing play for the 2nd, and Tavares got the 3rd with a rebound shovel in.

Gaborik with a hatty to start the 2nd period. 4-3 Team Chara

Kessel to Lupul!! 5-3 team Chara

5-4 after Pominville finished a 3on1 passing play

Alfie with a nice one-man effort to tie it up 5-5 and explode the crowd.

Sedins to Alfie for his 2nd of the night and in a row, 6-5 Team Alfie. Cue crowd explosion again.

Kane ties it up 6-6.

Kessel with a beauty!! 7-6 Team Chara!

7-7 thanks to Milan Michaleuk

8-7 for Team Chara from a nice Malkin pass to an Iginla goal cross-crease

Giroux ties it at 8-8 after Timmy Thomas slyly tried to throw it away after making a save, and it cost him.

Hossa with a beautiful effort and goal, beauty. 9-8 Team Chara

20 seconds later, Gaborik with his 4th goal! 10-8 Team Chara!

Perry from Iginla! 11-8 Team Chara!

Danny Sedin from Henrik gives Team Alfie some hope. 11-9

Lupul's 2nd!! 12-9 Team Chara!

And that does it, Team Chara wins 12-9. Fun game to watch for sure, lots of back and forth action.